• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xabi Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Funny to see how managers justified their signing decisions in a hindsight. Remind me how Wenger said Modric is too thin when being invoted as a guest pundit in EURO. If they don't get the players they want, they somtimes attribute the failures of signging attempts to physical factors of the players. Baffling.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
tactica442 said:
Remind me how Wenger said Modric is too thin when being invoted as a guest pundit in EURO.
funnily enough, Wenger has been proven right so far this season... Modric has looked like a waif thus far...

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Eduardo signed for Sp*rs, he might not fare much better in PL than Modric does. It's the whole package in Arsenal that make players great, and it's the whole package of sp*rs make talented players like Modric playing sh*t.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
tactica442 said:
If Eduardo signed for Sp*rs, he might not fare much better in PL than Modric does. It's the whole package in Arsenal that make players great, and it's the whole package of sp*rs make talented players like Modric playing sh*t.
well, isnt that to be expected? Spuds or Newcastle are where players go to kill their careers..

scytheavatar

Established Member
tactica442 said:

Eduardo has a lot more going for him than Modric, he always looked like someone who has the potential to be a very well-rounded and complete striker. Nothing Modric has done so far has made me though that we were missing out on a talent, he looks lightweight and has never showed flashes of brilliance that you would expect from a player of his reputation. I just can't see any sort of potential for Modric to be a top 4 club player. I'll take Denilson over him easily.

Josh23

I've always said that Modric is the Petit to Kranjcar's Vieira. He looks good next to the real stars of the Croatian side, but he's very ordinary. (That's 'very ordinary' by Premiership standards, of course, so he's pretty good, really... )

Anzac

Established Member
Some LFC supporters reckon that Alonso has been playing some of his most influential football defensively this season since his injury v CFC - best form in a couple of seasons.

nazo

Established Member
Alonso won't be there next season and i don't know where he could go. There should be a lot of options for him tbh.

gunner_down_under

True classy players have gone to ****e clubs and thrived - Juninho at Boro, Berbatov at Sp**s, Shearer at Newcastle, Hobinho at Man City (early) Torres at Liverpool (lol)....etc etc

I know its a team game and it would make it a whole lot easier if you got a better set of payers around you, but I dont necessarily think its 100% true in all cases.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
bluenaz said:
Alonso won't be there next season and i don't know where he could go. There should be a lot of options for him tbh.
ehh, im not so sure about that.. i think the way Liverpool are playing these days (formation-wise) suits him pretty well, and he has looked class so far.. when they play 2 deeper lying midfielders (Alonso & Mascherano) with Gerrard as a more forward role in front of them supporting the striker (Torres or Keane), they have looked dangerous.. they have beaten Chelski & ManUre with that setup... Mascherano does the defensive duties, Alonso does the deep lying passing duties and Gerrard does the "push forward in support of the striker" duties..

i actually think Liverpool has found their best formation after years of tinkering with the wrong ones... and it shows - they are tops and Benitez seems to be rotating a bit less...

qs

Established Member
Watching him recently is so annoying. He's in his best form for 3 years. We could have had that. Imagine the difference he'd have made to us for an extra couple of million.

TomasCR

Established Member
Forget.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=193142" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpa ... sid=193142</a>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom