• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xabi Alonso

Status
Not open for further replies.

number_0

Established Member
I hope we dont get him, we will be just funding their transfer of barry to make them a better side, would like both players to stay where they are unsettled tbh.

Lancelot

Established Member
He will not come cheap. Liverpool are going to require at least the amount they have to pay for Barry. Add to that the fact that we are their direct competitor, then the answer to this speculation is pretty clear.

longrufus

Established Member
Liverpool wanted £16m for him apparently. They wanted so much due to the Barry Price tag, but it seems Juve are refusing to stump up the cash

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
He would be cheaper than Barry. Liverppol need the money back as they want to sign crouchs replacement and maybe a side player with pennant on his way out

AFCFan4Ever

Barry's the better partner for Cesc and quite frankly, I don't think there's anyway Pool would sell Alonso to us so for me it's a non issue.

lee1001

Established Member
Xabi is a ****ter version than Fabregas, thats why he's ranked third behind Xavi and Fabregas for Spain. He's far too similar and the exact opposite to what we need.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
Liverpool want to much for him, £15mil isnt it?? (Benitez playing this pre-season's comedian /w Crouch's £15 evaluation)

Cant see this myself.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

What a load of rubbish! No thank you

(i dont mean alonso is rubbish :p )

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
Not really a holding midfieler,

Nice player to have in your team but at the moment its not what we need.

EMIR8_SOLDIER

Established Member
Were 3 Man down in midfeld. Flamini has gone, Big Berts is off to Greece, Song to the Olympics so we realy nee to buy an experienced CM because it wont hurt us durin the first 1/3 of the season but wait until it gets near Xmas where these games get tough and come thick and fast. If we want the title, Bischoff wont be enough

I feel Wenger will get an established international

kamikaze80

Established Member
agree with the three gentlemen above, barry has more stamina and covers more ground. we need someone who will do the dirty work for cesc and run our pressing game on defence and alonso is not that play at all, he's too static. nice range of passng though, obviously.

kym7224

From the SUN robbie Keane article.

Kop boss Rafa Benitez believes Keane will provide his side with much-needed pace up front alongside main striker and Spanish hero Fernando Torres.

Benitez has already offloaded towering front man Peter Crouch to Portsmouth to make way — although the Kop boss also still needs to offload Xabi Alonso to raise funds.

His expected move to Juventus has fallen down although Arsenal are now on alert.

A source close to Alonso said: “If the decision was down to Xabi, he would make the move because Arsenal’s style is perfect for him.”

thegame24

Established Member
hmm, you never know, the barry link might be a ploy to force pool to sell lonso to us.

interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom