• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xabi Alonso

calvinngai88

With the arrival of Mikel Arteta at Real Sociedad, Xabi's original price tag of 15million dropped to 12million. And now, Sociedad are willing to listen offers within the range of 6-8 million. Real Madrid, Tottenham and Liverpool were urged to make a big for Xabi. Is it cheap to get a top-notch midfielder like Xabi for that price? Any opinions?

skart14

its a freaking bargain if real can get him for less than 10 million...very good young defensive midfielder...

Mark

Established Member
I don't think Wenger will pay that much for a player, which is a shame. We are covered in this department anyway, Yaya Toure will be a much cheaper option. I think Wenger is waiting for him.

KingReyes

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
Anyone would have Xabi in their side. He's going to be a world-class midfielder sooner rather then later.

Especially if he joins a team like Real Madrid. He would thrive with quality players around him. However if he joined Sp**s he would throw his career down the drain.

Adam

Established Member
I think Flamini has alot of potential too, aswell as Cesc - basically, we are covered here.

calvinngai88

Flamini's a direct replacement for Parlour. More likely to feature on the bench. He'll be kept out by Gilberto and Edu. Cesc's still has alot to learn and GROW of course, because EPL and CL's pace of playing is really fast and might prove a stumbling block for him. Should be able to see him playing in some FA Cup matches though.

Let's say, IF, and I really mean IF, Vieira does leave, isn't Xabi a real bargain buy? Provided he has the experience in the CL, though like most people had said earlier before, because of his build, he might not suit the EPL, especially against Gerrard and Roy Keane. :roll:

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
I agree Calvinngai88. If Vieira leaves then I'm sure Xabi will come under Wenger's consideration as a possible replacement.

lewdikris

Established Member
The chances of Xabi going to Spuds are about the same as, well, Davids, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, and anyone else good ever going there.

**** all.

If Paddy leaves - sign him up. If not - we don't need him.

Cracking player.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art.
When you read some books they are fantastic, the writer touches something in you that you know you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life.
If you are living like an animal, what is the point of living? What makes daily life interesting is that we try to transform it to something that is close to art. And football is like that.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom