• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xavier Amaechi (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

Freddie didn’t push because Ameachi has been rumoured to be off for ages.
I could see that angle but surely if Freddie pushed and we promoted him and promised game time, I'd assume he would stay.

I'm happy with Nelson, ESR, Martinelli and Saka - won't lose sleep over this one. I do think he's a fabulous talent, but we're fine.

Arseshavin

This seriously pisses me off. I've been raving about this kid for a long time to my friends, and now he's off to some other club, maybe even Bayern.. Seriously, if this kid becomes a star, it's reason alone to sack Emery.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You can call this the ‘Jadon Sancho’ effect.

Think he’s become a trailblazer and inspiration for young British players who feel they can go to Germany and establish themselves more quickly. Works both way too, German clubs are open to snapping up these guys hoping to find the next Sancho.

Gunner-Union

Also part of it in EPL is if you give youngsters a chance and the team suffers some defeats the managers jobs online much quicker in England than anywhere else or it seems that way

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

You can call this the ‘Jadon Sancho’ effect.

Think he’s become a trailblazer and inspiration for young British players who feel they can go to Germany and establish themselves more quickly. Works both way too, German clubs are open to snapping up these guys hoping to find the next Sancho.
Sancho was a little bit different though, was clearly the best talent in the country and Man City actually offered him ridiculous wages to stay. Also I think Sancho would have broken through at most of the top six, city just too stacked.

He was very brave, 8/10 times I could see a player of his talent not choosing to make the move and accepting huge wages and a promise of some game time.

Gunner-Union

Sancho was a little bit different though, was clearly the best talent in the country and Man City actually offered him ridiculous wages to stay. Also I think Sancho would have broken through at most of the top six, city just too stacked.

He was very brave, 8/10 times I could see a player of his talent not choosing to make the move and accepting huge wages and a promise of some game time.

Him and Nelson a Few years a go were ranked very similar

Arson Finger

What is Amaechi's contract status for this coming season? Is he still under contract with Arsenal for another season, or his contract done and he can just leave right now on a free?

If he has one year left, then we should offer him to Palace as part of the Zaha offer. If Palace acquire his contract, they could offer him plenty of playing time in the Premier League right away and sign him to an extension to keep him long term.

Surely a young talent like him would be way more valuable to Palace than someone like Elneny or Jenkinson.

Aevi

Hale End FC
There's big money in young English players, and they're good now too. Marketability is a plus also.

No surprise German clubs are tapping into it now. It's a win-win for them and the players.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Same People moaning about this Transfer would be the same People moaning if we didn't buy a winger and just gave all the minutes to Saka Nelson and Amaechi

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
We've got a multitude of young attacking talents and can't keep them all happy. Good luck to the kid, I've got faith in Saka, Nelson, Nketiah and Martinelli.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Big shame to lose him but we aren't hurting for wingers in his position fortunately and even have a few talented ones behind him. He had already had his head turned IMO and I reckon other clubs have offered him a first team pathway earlier than we perhaps would have.

I think he will be a success though and comparisons to Gnabry will be inevitably drawn if and when that happens.

JuanCarlosValeron

Loosing Gnabry when you have Chamberlain, Podolski, a somewhat useful Walcott and are looking to compete is one thing. Being unable to keep hold of Amaechi in a situation in which you are deprived of first team wingers is inexcusable really. We have three promising wingers in the academy and Nelson could easily play the number 10 role in the future. Signing a winger to complement and share the burden with the talents to build a competitive team seems relatively straightforward. Instead we are undermining the academy by relying upon an ever icreasing hair- and potentless Mkhitarian. Oh the joy

JuanCarlosValeron

Same People moaning about this Transfer would be the same People moaning if we didn't buy a winger and just gave all the minutes to Saka Nelson and Amaechi

That is simply not true. The people who are critical of this transfer are the ones who question the decision to grant Kolasinac, Iwobi and Mkhi the chance to stink the place up another season. Had Pires and Ljungberg been roaming the flanks, the loss of Amaechi would arguably not have been met with similar disapproval.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

That is simply not true. The people who are critical of this transfer are the ones who question the decision to grant Kolasinac, Iwobi and Mkhi the chance to stink the place up another season. Had Pires and Ljungberg been roaming the flanks, the loss of Amaechi would arguably not have been met with similar disapproval.
We will sign another wide player, let’s not keep pretending that ****yaran and ****wobi will take up all the minutes there this season.

JuanCarlosValeron

We will sign another wide player, let’s not keep pretending that ****yaran and ****wobi will take up all the minutes there this season.

I dont see anyone pretending that. Say we sign Zaha, that leaves us with one proven winger. Assuming that Reiss takes the other spot, Saka and Amaechi could gain valuable experience coming of the bench or getting the odd nod. You would think that wide players in the academy would be licking their lips looking at Kolasinac struggling to catch his breath and Mkhi hitting anything but his own teammates. When said young wingers instead decide to go abroad, what happens to the talents occupying positions where we actually have capable players? It comes down to a lack of strategy. When AW was here, talents like Denilson, Song, Ramsey, Diaby, Wilshere, Vela, Bendtner and RVP were happy to play second fiddle or go out on loan because they knew that they were going to be given a chance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom