• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xavier Amaechi (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Big shame to lose him but we aren't hurting for wingers in his position fortunately and even have a few talented ones behind him. He had already had his head turned IMO and I reckon other clubs have offered him a first team pathway earlier than we perhaps would have.

I think he will be a success though and comparisons to Gnabry will be inevitably drawn if and when that happens.
Where do you rank him amongst our wing prospects?

And for comparison sake against Gnabry? For me Gnabry was one of those youth players who simply destroyed youth football. Was always going to make it but then had a few years of stagnation.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Where do you rank him amongst our wing prospects?

And for comparison sake against Gnabry? For me Gnabry was one of those youth players who simply destroyed youth football. Was always going to make it but then had a few years of stagnation.
Tough to say but hes every bit as good as Saka and Nelson in terms of ability and potential IMO - the others are ahead in development and Amaechi missed 5 months of football because of his metatarsal injury. He is unfortunate that all 3 of them are there at the same time and they are ahead in development. It's not lack of ability here, just paucity of opportunity and other clubs recognizing that he was the most vulnerable of the talents.

I think Gnabry was a better a talent but part of his progression was aided by being tried and tested sooner. Amaechi never had the benefit despite progressing very quickly after becoming a scholar. His U17 Euro performance is testament to how good he can be.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
I'd be happier if we were getting a healthy fee for his talents plus a sell on clause. We are very stacked on young, attacking talents to be honest and fair play to the kid if he's backing himself to be ready for first team football next year.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Poverty fee ffs. Should have gotten 5m at least hopefully we put payback clause

Joke of a fee who we have either sell on or buy back clause.

Its a good fee for a player that didn't get a chance here. If Bayern are behind it though they will be laughing.

This is why we need to keep giving youngsters a chance here and there in cup games and when seniors are playing badly for 20 games running. Might raise their value.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Can’t really expect much for him if we’re selling him to a team in the German second division. He’s 18 and hasn’t played a minute of top level football. Hopefully there’s some kind of buyback or sell-on.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Its a good fee for a player that didn't get a chance here. If Bayern are behind it though they will be laughing.

This is why we need to keep giving youngsters a chance here and there in cup games and when seniors are playing badly for 20 games running. Might raise their value.
We should be playing youngsters more and send them on loan and make some cash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom