• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xhaka and ?

Who should partner Xhaka in midfield?

• Total voters

say yes

forum master baiter
Thought it would be interesting to have a poll on this now Cazorla is out.

Xhaka is our best CM and should be nailed on for the rest of the season: who partners him?

Don't think there's an easy answer - each of Coquelin/Elneny/Ramsey have fairly obvious limitations.

say yes

forum master baiter
Worth saying that you can change your vote, as it's very tough to call at the moment.

Although result so far is fairly decisive..

RUS arsenal

Established Member
I think it is pretty obvious and the West Ham game showed exactly why. Coquelin is limited in his intermediate to long range passing but he is great at stealing the ball, keeping it, dribbling and finding the early short range pass if available. Cazorla gave him that and it worked wonders and today Xhaka did as well and again it was a joy to watch.

No doubt in my mind.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
After seeing how open we are we Coq/Elneny-Xhaka then Ramsey is definitely a no go.

Iddi

Xhaka is good at passing but there after has not convinced me yet.. Seems to have the same center of gravity as Mertesacker.. Slow and turns like a tank :)

Not sure about all of our current midfilders (apart from Cazorla).

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Good mix of individuals but no pairing jumps off the page.

Love to know what the original plan with Xhaka was.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka is good at passing but there after has not convinced me yet.. Seems to have the same center of gravity as Mertesacker.. Slow and turns like a tank :)

Not sure about all of our current midfilders (apart from Cazorla).

He's a decent tackler when not diving in like a lunatic and makes a good number of interceptions. He's also not as slow as people make out. Ignoring all that he should still be in the side for his passing alone. Our transition from back to front is on another level with him in the side.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

He has a high number of tackles and interceptions so I really don't get this "apart from his passing" business or "his defensive positioning needs work".

At worst, he gives you incisive passing in midfield, that's a good as a base you can get from a CM. His recent performances have been much more than that, offering plenty of successful tackles and interceptions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom