• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Xhaka and ?

Who should partner Xhaka in midfield?

• Total voters

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Pretty sad that there is still even debate about our CM. This far in to the season and we still have no idea what works well.
We'd have one that worked well if Caz were fit, but that's the problem. But then if Caz were fit, Xhaka would be a far from ideal partner. Who would have predicted how difficult it wold be to get Xhaka into a partnership? Well I know a few.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

We'd have one that worked well if Caz were fit, but that's the problem. But then if Caz were fit, Xhaka would be a far from ideal partner. Who would have predicted how difficult it wold be to get Xhaka into a partnership? Well I know a few.
Me!

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka and Ramsey is a fantastic midfield pairing with a bit of everything, they'll only improve.

A few people are itching to write Xhaka off, just not saying it with their chest. Xhaka is a special player. There's few other players in Europe who can pass a ball like he can, very, very few possess is natural technique too.

The signs are there that Xhaka and Ramsey work. The whole theory that Elneny and Coquelin provide us with extra stability is a complete myth, we've been turned over with those pair and will be turned over without them.

Another thing, Granit Xhaka is 24 years old. He has room to grow and improve and believe me he will.

Our team will always struggle defensively under Wenger because how we like to play football and score goals. We will always invest heavily in the attack. Ramsey will always be encouraged to go forward and find opening. Not only is that part of his natural game but also how Wenger likes to play football.

I think the partnership has a potential! Ramsey actually when on song is good at winning the ball back and he covers a lot of ground. Under another manager who do more tactics defensively I think it could be very very strong partnership. We just need more time to see how good it will be. If we continue with it I don't think we will see the best of it this season. Maybe next season when Xhaka is more settled in the league.

@Taylor Gang Gunners

Currently on The List of Taylor™;
MutableEarth

How?

Hunter Zolomon

Xhaka and Ramsey is a fantastic midfield pairing with a bit of everything, they'll only improve.

A few people are itching to write Xhaka off, just not saying it with their chest. Xhaka is a special player. There's few other players in Europe who can pass a ball like he can, very, very few possess is natural technique too.

The signs are there that Xhaka and Ramsey work. The whole theory that Elneny and Coquelin provide us with extra stability is a complete myth, we've been turned over with those pair and will be turned over without them.

Another thing, Granit Xhaka is 24 years old. He has room to grow and improve and believe me he will.
I believe in xhaka, its his partner Ramsey I have less faith in

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Yeah but you're obviously not tactically clueless. My analysis was pure fluke.

People tossing over him before he got here were obviously of a higher tactical nous.
:lol::lol:

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Nah, screw Ramsey in midfield. Put him on the wing or sell him.

Token Yank

Xhaka and Elneny

Coq and Caz

Those were the ideal pairings and that is what Wenger stuck to. Due to injuries and AFCON we are stuck experimenting yet again in meaningful games....

DesiGooner

I think the real solution is a 3-man midfield with Xhaka, Ramsey and another press-resistant MF. That may be Cazorla or ideally a new signing that can take over that role. We should demand more defensive effort from Özil in the 10 spot or shunt him out wide.

Anyway, have no confidence we'll win any major trophies as long as Wenger is around no matter what our midfield looks like.

Giroud

Established Member
Xhaka and Ramsey is the clear best given our current options. Surprised to see so many people in disagreement when Elneny and Coquelin are the competition. Coquelin will be very useful in certain games but Ramsey should be the main partner for Xhaka.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's got serious problems for one so 'intelligent' :lol: If it's really 'Xhaka and?', we really are fvcked. To make challenges like that when 1-0 and cruising at home, with no atmosphere in the stadium and under no duress, is ****ing unacceptable.

So far all he's shown is he's looked decent when given the freedom of the park, and is capable of being a liability.

Top Bottom