• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yacine Adli

Goonerozil33

Watched Cesc at 16 and you will notice how often he plays with his head up compared to most other players. You watch this kid(from youtube) and he plays too much with his head down. Great technique on him. Hope he turns out great

Stannis

I thought Nelson was intimating he’d be staying recently?

He said he was but that was before Wenger announced he was leaving, nothing offical since, same with AMN

Probably all waiting to talk to Emery. I’m sure AMN will sign, he fits the profile of an Emery player. Nelson though I can see leaving. Jadon Sancho is his best friend, I can see his success at Dortmund influencing Nelson

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Looks like a Fellaini Rabiot love child. Still likely to pull fitter birds than me.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
"The easy comparison to make for the 17-year-old is to PSG team-mate Adrien Rabiot. But while Adli possesses the same luscious hair as his 22-year-old compatriot, his game differs in its strengths. While Rabiot’s style is anchored around his ability to get himself on the ball routinely and dictate terms, Adli is an impact player. He is a game-breaker.

The one word that best describes the shaggy-haired midfielder’s game is silky. Adli glides around the pitch with grace in his attempts to link defence and attack with swagger and style. Sometimes his style might scream of over-confidence; especially in the UEFA Youth League where he has seemed slightly arrogant on the ball as of late, and occasionally overly daring in possession.

At the same time, the Frenchman makes so many aspects of his team tick. This omnipresence is underpinned by his acute sense of spatial awareness. Ostensibly blessed with peripheral vision that extends 360-degrees, he is able to manoeuvre himself into the tiniest pockets of space to gain possession and worm his way out of them with his arsenal of delightful little flicks and tricks.

Furthermore, this quality makes him especially useful as a link between defence to attack. This is because these moves not only counter-attacking situations, but allow Adli to deliver his aesthetically pleasing curled long passes; and they are routinely accurate. This all makes him extremely press-resistant.

Additionally, he is both an excellent ball carrier and fine dribbler, proving to be capable of holding off and slaloming past defenders in equal measure. Consequently, he must always be wary of over-doing things, with his lack of speed exposing him not only against recovering defenders, but also when defending himself. He is a player whose game hinges on restraint; it is easy to sense when he is trying too hard, not allowing the game to come to him. In forcing the play, he makes poor decisions and loses the ball with regularity.

In doing all this he can become a burden defensively, routinely bypassed in opposing transitions, with the danger multiplied the closer he loses the ball to his own goal. As far as his own defensive qualities are concerned, though, Adli is competent. He makes up for his lack of speed with a strong tactical understanding of the spaces he needs to occupy to block passing lanes and disrupt attacks. He is physically strong, too, and while that probably helps him on the ball more than it does off it, it makes him an intimidating figure to combat both aerially and on the ground.

At the other end of the field, when the 17-year-old makes forays forward into the attacking third of the pitch, he is a willing provider, routinely opting to probe around the 18-yard box instead of attempting long-range efforts on goal. In doing so, he especially likes to drift into the half-space on the right, and often even wider than that where he proved at the U-17 World Cup to be an efficient crosser of the football - aided of course, by the extreme amount of whip he is able to generate."

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
"At the same time, the Frenchman makes so many aspects of his team tick. This omnipresence is underpinned by his acute sense of spatial awareness. Ostensibly blessed with peripheral vision that extends 360-degrees, he is able to manoeuvre himself into the tiniest pockets of space to gain possession and worm his way out of them with his arsenal of delightful little flicks and tricks."

It's obvious whoever wrote this is a big Adli fanboy but there was no need to exaggerate his ability. He's not superhuman FFS. :lol:

I really like what I'm reading about him thou. This team needs a serious influx of proper young talent as it seems we're going down the route of mixing experience with talented youngters.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Sven is good friends with his agent apparently and a deal that's been in the works before Emery arrived.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Bit of Diaby about him. Hopefully he's healthier. Looks a really talented young player of a physical profile we lack. Good Sven, now get us a keeper.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mbappe was a fool for joining them.
Mbappe's arguably a top player already, would genuinely start at most teams in the world and is only 19. He'll be fine.

As for this kid I'm not watching anything until we sign him, I just hope he's a highly rated young player and not another Rob Holding style signing.

Why are PSG letting us have him?

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Mbappe's arguably a top player already, would genuinely start at most teams in the world and is only 19. He'll be fine.

As for this kid I'm not watching anything until we sign him, I just hope he's a highly rated young player and not another Rob Holding style signing.

Why are PSG letting us have him?

They're not from what I understand. It's a contract situation so they don't have much say in the matter other than putting a gun to his head and forcing him to sign and stay put.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom