• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yacine Brahimi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Not a mouth watering signing but much rather him than Suarez.

The guy has a clear position, role & skillset we lack.

gkoat

If Everton is swinging their check book around there's no way we can compete. I could maybe see cardiff or derby county having a chance to compete for his signature but arsenal need to have more realistic targets within their budget. Since, you know, we're apparently broke and stuff.

teamsoutheast

He'll definitely be leaving Porto this summer I reckon. He will be available on a free transfer. He's a good skillful player but I just think he is a little too old and would rather we invest that time and effort in developing Reiss Nelson.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
He'll definitely be leaving Porto this summer I reckon. He will be available on a free transfer. He's a good skillful player but I just think he is a little too old and would rather we invest that time and effort in developing Reiss Nelson.

He'll only be 29 in the summer. More like his prime than ready for a walker.

teamsoutheast

He'll only be 29 in the summer. More like his prime than ready for a walker.
I meant that in the sense that maybe it would be better investing that time and effort in developing Iwobi and Reiss Nelson than this guy who won't get any better. Will he come and be a squad option? At this stage of his career, he will want a starting spot.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I meant that in the sense that maybe it would be better investing that time and effort in developing Iwobi and Reiss Nelson than this guy who won't get any better. Will he come and be a squad option? At this stage of his career, he will want a starting spot.

The thing is, Arsenal needs to think about the near term as well as the future. If they can get a good player in a position of need on a free transfer, it can help to get/keep them in the Top 4 while putting less strain on the budget.

Is Iwobi the long term answer? I don't know. Reiss Nelson? Probably, but he's only just turned 19 years old. He's mostly coming off the bench for Hoffenheim. I don't think you can legitimately count on him for a few years yet. So Arsenal needs players who can be counted on while guys such as Aubameyang and Lacazette still have some prime years left. They need to get back into the Champions League, if not this year then certainly next.

It really doesn't matter what the player is satisfied with. Even assuming Brahimi signs for Arsenal (or that they even actually want him), they're not going to guarantee him a spot in the lineup every week. He'll have to earn it like everyone else.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Not even sure that he improves us. Might as well keep Mkhi and give Reiss and opportunity. Buying players just because they are free is a dangerous precedent.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Not even sure that he improves us. Might as well keep Mkhi and give Reiss and opportunity. Buying players just because they are free is a dangerous precedent.

Is that a veiled shot at Ramsey? :D

Of course you don't sign players just because they are free. That's why it's up to Sven and Unai to decide which players they want (and we don't know yet if they actually want Brahimi). But if you can get a player you think will help your team, getting them on a Bosman is a bonus to the budget. Not sure why people are so anxious to get rid of Micki anyway, but his presence certainly doesn't preclude bringing in a true winger or two. And as I noted above, Reiss Nelson just turned 19 and is mostly coming off the bench for Hoffenheim. He's probably not going to be ready for Arsenal to depend on him too heavily. So Arsenal can certainly use a player in the mold of Brahimi (that fast, direct winger who can score goals).

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Is that a veiled shot at Ramsey? :D

Of course you don't sign players just because they are free. That's why it's up to Sven and Unai to decide which players they want (and we don't know yet if they actually want Brahimi). But if you can get a player you think will help your team, getting them on a Bosman is a bonus to the budget. Not sure why people are so anxious to get rid of Micki anyway, but his presence certainly doesn't preclude bringing in a true winger or two. And as I noted above, Reiss Nelson just turned 19 and is mostly coming off the bench for Hoffenheim. He's probably not going to be ready for Arsenal to depend on him too heavily. So Arsenal can certainly use a player in the mold of Brahimi (that fast, direct winger who can score goals).

I'd happily sign Ramsey on a free as he'd be the second best midfielder here! I actually think Mkhi is quality and don't want him to be sold necessarily. However, a signing like Brahimi would probably mark the end of Mkhi.

Reiss as an understudy is fine. Youngsters have to be trusted at some stage. Hell Ghendouzi is starting games for us. Nelson looks ready to play a squad role here next year.

Enough with this 5-15 million or he is slightly better than we have and he is important in getting us top4. Our team is filled with players like that.

Players are usually signed on 3-5 years contract. And we already seen with players that doesnt belong at the level we want tp be how hard it is to get rid of them.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I'd happily sign Ramsey on a free as he'd be the second best midfielder here! I actually think Mkhi is quality and don't want him to be sold necessarily. However, a signing like Brahimi would probably mark the end of Mkhi.

Reiss as an understudy is fine. Youngsters have to be trusted at some stage. Hell Ghendouzi is starting games for us. Nelson looks ready to play a squad role here next year.

Absolutely Nelson can play a squad role at Arsenal, but Guendouzi showed yesterday why it's probably not wise to depend too much on someone of that age and experience level.

As for Brahimi, that would be up to Sven and Unai to decide if he's a player they would want and what his role would be. But I'm not sure how that would mean the end for Micki. They're different types of players. Brahimi is more a pacy dribbler who takes on players directly. Micki is more a creative, ball-playing type. I would envision no problem with them co-existing on the team.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Same website who reported we signing Mahrez. I don't think we are getting him we targeting more younger players

Aevi

Hale End FC
Might be a cheap option the club is picking up to add numbers to our winger options. Probably is the yearly bollocks Brahimi link.

StefanB

Think he'd be a decent buy for "free", as long as he doesn't get over 3 years and 100k a week. +1 year option if he performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom