• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yacine Brahimi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
It was reported about 1 month ago that he rejected Fenerbache and wanted a €6m signing on fee and €14m for a three year contract. They’ve had no takers yet so it might have come down a little bit but that’s €80k a week.
Not all that bad if we see him starting or being a good squad player.

Thought it would be more like Kolasinac levels... Must work out at 70k a week ish.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Shouldn't be dissmissive of free signings. Look at Juventus - Pogba, Pirlo, Khedira, Ramsey and Rabiot etc.

They're targeting a completely different bracket of players, though. There's a difference in signing Ramsey and Rabiot on a free, or Brahimi. Just as you say, the first two signed for Juve, the latter is linked to EL team Arsenal and will very likely and up at some random midtable team across Europe. This reeks of an old timey West Ham signing or Ibrahim Affelay to Stoke - or the guy Sevilla turn to after having been turned down by Ziyech.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
This reeks of an old timey West Ham signing or Ibrahim Affelay to Stoke - or the guy Sevilla turn to after having been turned down by Ziyech.
Sevilla are signing Ianis Hagi now apparently, so even they found a better alternative.

This link seems a lot like Meunier one to me.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Its really not that crazy demands.

If he 'wants' just over £5m signing on & £70k a week... Thats squad player level for us! + only demands so could be brought down.

If thats the compromise we have to make to either keep both strikers or bring in a big name wide player so be it. Basically just replacing Welbeck with minimal outlay & saving a few K on wages.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He is not proven enough for his age to bring in someone with no resale value on a contract that size. If we are taking a punt make it someone young we can sell if need be.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
There’s two things going on here. The first one is his agent is trying to get him a better deal elsewhere or trying to drum up interest. The second (which is working on me fwiw) is the club are doing it so we feel like we’ve signed Messi once we sign Fraser.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
He is not proven enough for his age to bring in someone with no resale value on a contract that size. If we are taking a punt make it someone young we can sell if need be.

I feel like we actually have no money to do that outright after Martinelli, Tierney and Saliba though.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
That’s because you live in a make-believe world where clubs hand over the whole transfer fee in one go.

Not sure which world you live in then thinking we're going to be able to sign Saliba, Tierney, Martinelli another CB for when Saliba goes on loan, a box to box mid and a winger for £45m. But its fine because we can do it in instalments of 2m a year per player for 10 years.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
People who actually want this without any caveats (as in gettin Brahimi in so we can get out first choice targets elsewhere) are the same people who were looking forward for Jackson Martinez.

Mastercutor

Considering the financial state of the club right now, I think this is about what we can expect, and despite it being a stop-gap solution, he could probably do a decent job for us for 2-3 years, reminds me a little bit about Mahrez offensively, but looks to have a more defensive upside.

If the reported sign-on fee will be about €4 millions, it's probably a no-brainer, as we have (too) many other holes to fill.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would be a waste of wages for his age. We wouldn't be able to shift him and he blocks the pathway of Nelson. Why not go for Dani Olmo? Someone who is comfortable on the right for an affordable £20 million. Don't see why not seeing as we aren't getting anyone else north of £20 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom