<

Yacine Brahimi

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Sykes, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Not all that bad if we see him starting or being a good squad player.

Thought it would be more like Kolasinac levels... Must work out at 70k a week ish.

2. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

With the signing on fee you’re getting there. That would make it €100k a week.

3. HairSprayGooners

HairSprayGooners Al Jazeera Correspondent

I don't want to be lumped with him for 3 years but we need to try something different.

4. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

They're targeting a completely different bracket of players, though. There's a difference in signing Ramsey and Rabiot on a free, or Brahimi. Just as you say, the first two signed for Juve, the latter is linked to EL team Arsenal and will very likely and up at some random midtable team across Europe. This reeks of an old timey West Ham signing or Ibrahim Affelay to Stoke - or the guy Sevilla turn to after having been turned down by Ziyech.

Artisan and American_Gooner like this.
  5. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Sevilla are signing Ianis Hagi now apparently, so even they found a better alternative.

This link seems a lot like Meunier one to me.

krengon and Toby Andrl like this.
  6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

written disaster all over it. yep pass.

SingmeasongSong likes this.
  7. Hunta

Hunta Shivering Right Now Trusted

Outsmarting the market.

El Duderino and SingmeasongSong like this.
  8. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

This year Lichtsteiner.

9. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Its really not that crazy demands.

If he 'wants' just over £5m signing on & £70k a week... Thats squad player level for us! + only demands so could be brought down.

If thats the compromise we have to make to either keep both strikers or bring in a big name wide player so be it. Basically just replacing Welbeck with minimal outlay & saving a few K on wages.

Artisan, Mitch and HairSprayGooners like this.
  10. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

He is not proven enough for his age to bring in someone with no resale value on a contract that size. If we are taking a punt make it someone young we can sell if need be.

11. field442

There’s two things going on here. The first one is his agent is trying to get him a better deal elsewhere or trying to drum up interest. The second (which is working on me fwiw) is the club are doing it so we feel like we’ve signed Messi once we sign Fraser.

12. HairSprayGooners

I feel like we actually have no money to do that outright after Martinelli, Tierney and Saliba though.

13. field442

That’s because you live in a make-believe world where clubs hand over the whole transfer fee in one go.

14. HairSprayGooners

Not sure which world you live in then thinking we're going to be able to sign Saliba, Tierney, Martinelli another CB for when Saliba goes on loan, a box to box mid and a winger for £45m. But its fine because we can do it in instalments of 2m a year per player for 10 years.

15. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

People who actually want this without any caveats (as in gettin Brahimi in so we can get out first choice targets elsewhere) are the same people who were looking forward for Jackson Martinez.

BenTal likes this.
  16. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Be decent cover and a good wide option. For free it’s not really anything to be overly upset about.

Token Yank likes this.
  17. rich 1990

rich 1990 Not A Big Believer In Diversity

If sky are reporting it, you can ignore it. They are a shambles now.

18. Sammy1887

Sammy1887 New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Can't be worse than spending 50m+ on Zaha.

19. Mastercutor

Mastercutor Member

Considering the financial state of the club right now, I think this is about what we can expect, and despite it being a stop-gap solution, he could probably do a decent job for us for 2-3 years, reminds me a little bit about Mahrez offensively, but looks to have a more defensive upside.

If the reported sign-on fee will be about €4 millions, it's probably a no-brainer, as we have (too) many other holes to fill.

20. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Established Member

Would be a waste of wages for his age. We wouldn't be able to shift him and he blocks the pathway of Nelson. Why not go for Dani Olmo? Someone who is comfortable on the right for an affordable £20 million. Don't see why not seeing as we aren't getting anyone else north of £20 million.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.