• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yago Fernández

athreya74

Captain said:
according to that article he is a woodgate type as far as I can tell.

In being injury prone? :wink:

Seriously, if Arsène wanted a Woodgate type defender in the footballing sense, why not go for the Real McCoy?

M+D

Established Member
Anyway, this is what he said in full - Skysports article doesn't include everything he said:
Fernandez said: “This is the biggest opportunity of my life because I know Wenger works with young players and I will have more chance at Arsenal than in Spain.

“I have friends in England and those people consider that it is the best decision for me.

“In Valencia the coach Quique Sanchez Flores has not given me many options and I understand that they have a lot of central defenders and I may not get a place in the team.”

stuart

Established Member
Have i come to the sarcasim thread or what?? :lol:

Has anyone actually seen the guy play? I'll search for a few videos

12613048_b8011ab06d_m.jpg

There is his picture, i hope it help on his evaluation ;)

KingReyes

Established Member
Did anyone else see the Wenger press conference where he was asked about this kid?

Arsène said we're not interested at all and its just paper talk.

otfgoon

Established Member
Yeah, strange since these seem to be quotes direct from the player.

Maybe he is just trying to hype himself up, which is a bit sad really.

Invincible

Established Member
So all this is tribe after all! :lol:

A bit sad really, thought he was going to be our new Adams already.

But in a way I'm glad it turned out to be rubbish talk, because I would rather an experienced, tall, Terry-style center back to be recruited.

There is Matthew Connolly waiting on the wings too so it's unfair to buy a new unproven youngster and put him above the kid.

We also have a tall 1.92+ young center back in Djourou therefore I don't see the point of getting a similar player game-wise and also age-wise.

I hope someone like Woodgate would be bought; it's unlikely however.

Clarkey

KingReyes said:
Did anyone else see the Wenger press conference where he was asked about this kid?

Arsène said we're not interested at all and its just paper talk.

I thought that was in relation to the Daniel Alves speculation?

Arsenal Quotes

In June 1996, David Dein, Peter Hill-Wood and Danny Fiszman came out to Nagoya to meet me on behalf of Arsenal. Within an hour we came to an agreement. The Japanese directors didn't try to keep hold of me in the usual way but talked with persuasive arguments... But as far as I was concerned, the decision was taken. Arsenal. A decision that would change my life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom