• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yann M'Vila

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Clrnc said:
Thats entirely true. The same with Diaby as well

Agreed.

Denilson could also argue the same. As could Clichy in relation to his crossing. So undervalued.

TeknoFreak79

Song is not the worst passer of the ball in the world by any means. He is pretty decent. The thing is that M'vila is far more composed on the ball like Lord Dula mentioned.

I'd love to have him in the team. Definite upgrade in my humble opinion.

AnthonyG

Arse Emeritus
Song's an OK passer, about as good as Kos. Problem is he needs to have 2 or 3 looks before doing anything with it. Grinds our play to a halt.

As for Yann, I know the name, but that's about it.

TeknoFreak79

I agree the thought process is much quicker on M'vila's part.

I do have to say that Yann has a much better developed footballing brain than song as it comes more naturally to him compared to Alex.

I'm not trying to slag Alex off, he's a decent player but I think improvement can be made and Yann is definitely that, improvement.

Floating

Established Member
Song's got a better physique, and most importantly, he's free, because he's already on our team. And he has years of PL, CL, and international experience.

outlaw_member

Established Member
AnthonyG said:
Song's an OK passer, about as good as Kos. Problem is he needs to have 2 or 3 looks before doing anything with it. Grinds our play to a halt.

As for Yann, I know the name, but that's about it.

I know you're a Koscielny fan boy, but that's not even remotely true. What you described after is indeed a problem, and that's down to his incredibly poor vision. It takes him an eternity to see a pass, but his execution is good.

fabo

6.51 / 10
I'd prefer a midfielder with different qualities to M'Vila tbh, don't think he'll improve us much really(if at all).

Only seen him play for France a couple of times. He impressed me and looked composed and defensive minded, much like a young Gilberto. However, Premiership football is very different, and it'd be interesting to see how composed he might be with someone like Fletcher, Cattermole or Parker in his face. He's also still very young. If we buy a CM, I'd prefer it to be someone with an older head and more top-level experience to augment our youngsters - not another youngster (however talented), we have enough of these already.

Anzac

Established Member
More importantly what's he like OFF the ball = positioning, recovery, ability to win the ball/break up play?

Ultimately I don't give a rat's what the passing capability or creativity so long as they can consistantly WIN the ball without giving away stupid fouls, and then lay it off to one of our myriad of ball players.

The team balance is wrong with too much emphasis on player's capability going forward with the ball, and not enough on winning/securing possession in the first instance to enable us to do so.

VancouverCanuck

Totally agree with the assessment that the team balance is all wrong.

Even though I like Song, I do find him struggling defensively too often: getting caught too high up the pitch, mistime his tackles and giving away fouls in dangerous positions. Also, aren't we going to lose him for a few weeks during the African nations cup? I'd definitely like to see a strong tackler come in to complement Song.

Herbas

Why do we need another CM at all? It won't solve our main problem which is when our opponents place three players in the middle just in front of their back four and thus make our attacks completely blunt. I think one of the major reasons why Song goes forward so much is because other players fail to unlock opponent's defence and he is looking to provide a new way to break them. I guess M'Vila (or any other midfielder) would do the same in such situation.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
Had signed new contract extension...

Yann M'Vila has extended his current deal at Rennes by a year following uncertainty surrounding his future at the club.

Last month it was reported the Ligue 1 side were deciding on whether to cash in on the 20-year-old France international or offer him a new long-term deal.

News

Time to lock this one...

Warship

Canal+ has reported that we have had a 20 million euro bid rejected by Rennes for midfielder Yann M'Vila. Hard to navigate through Canal + website but rumors hot on the twitter at the moment.

If this is the case I wonder if Wenger would submit another bid. I know he was speculated on earlier in the transfer window and the thread was locked but if we've renewed interest I wonder what price it would take for Rennes to sell.

I hate Mirror but just to have a link: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-target-Yann-M-Vila-from-Rennes-article788202.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 88202.html</a> but there's nothing concrete in that. Word was 20 million rejected at the moment.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This boy would be immense for us, in fact i'd say he's exactly what we need in midfield, although i think there's already a thread on him mate.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
he is good DM but 20m rejected how much they want now? 25m i dont know why when arsenal want good players like mata or mvila there teams want alot of money i think is mvila is cost 20m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

First I went left, he did too. Then I went right and he did too. Then I went left again and he went to buy a hot dog.

Arsene Wenger on dribbling Zinedine Zidane in a charity game
Top Bottom