• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yann M'Vila

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal_Soldier

stuart said:
Are there any youtube clips of him in a specific match going around? They are much better than your standard best bits videos.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya9kRiy9oZM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya9kRiy9oZM</a>

vs england.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
If we did purchase M'vila, would that mean that we intend to move Jack further up in the field into a more advanced role, and need more numbers to play in a deeper position ?

patrick42uk

Established Member
Looks good on the ball though rarely saw him under pressure there. That didnt show him in defensive situations that often either.

I guess if we get him in, could mean also song becomes a cb option and moves squillaci down one in the pecking order.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Wenger said we are active in the French Market, but doesn't want to mention any names in case it upsets the clubs they play for. Interview with TF1

Could be anybody really, but given recent news about a bid for M'vila, it could well be him we're pushing to sign.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Bah, I know Wenger better than my own mother. He's just leading us on, just like he did with the CB talk, unless of course we do end up signing one. Making a couple of half-hearted bids for players, failing and then calling it a day is classic Wenger.

patrick42uk

Established Member
HAve to say, thats the way it looks. He keeps saying he's trying which i dont get. You either want to sign players or you dont. All this posturing is for our benefit but come September 1 expecting that same feeling again.

patrick42uk

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=289362" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/?action=read&id=289362</a>

Apparantly we'll increase our bid to 25 mill - so this story already losing credibility for me.

Warship

Ron Burgundy said:
€25m, right? So that's just under £22m. Expensive but if you want quality...

Yeah. It's probably a bit much for a holding-mid, but then again so is paying 18m for a CB in the last year of his contract and everyone wants Wenger to just spend on him regardless of whether we're getting gypped or not.

Warship

According to Canal+ Yann M'Vila denied any contact with Arsenal and said he'll certainly stay with Rennes this season.

I guess that could be the end of that. I'm not sure about this Canal + source though. They're the ones who started this story now they're killing it 24 hours later.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
From the video of France vs England, he looks good at connecting the dots and filling gaps when France being counter. His pass completion must be very high in that game. However, he seems a bit short on physique shape and not the creative type of players to replace Nasri & Cesc.

I really can't see what this M'Vila would be adding given our team already having Song, Wilshere, Frimpong, and Diaby. Only if Wenger wants to ship Diaby.

Irish_Owen

Established Member
Warship said:
According to Canal+ Yann M'Vila denied any contact with Arsenal and said he'll certainly stay with Rennes this season.

I guess that could be the end of that. I'm not sure about this Canal + source though. They're the ones who started this story now they're killing it 24 hours later.
canal+ are the sky sports of France, in more ways than one.

Warship

Irish_Owen said:
Warship said:

canal+ are the sky sports of France, in more ways than one.

So perhaps we did put a bid in, and now Canal+ is reporting:

Rennes Director of Football Pierre DeRossi tells Canal+ that midfielder Yann M'Vila won't be sold in this window.

If we did bid it's nice to see were putting some real figures out there, but this saga was short lived..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom