• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
While both underwhelming, and not players who will take us into the CL, between Carrasco and Fraser, I prefer Carrasco. At least he‘s not a bum, „whip it in“ merchant.

ClubLevel

Carrasco could be worth the gamble, bit of a live wire player when he's on his A game.

Will probably end up at Wolves though where he will light up the league like a few others of there's has.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
While both underwhelming, and not players who will take us into the CL, between Carrasco and Fraser, I prefer Carrasco. At least he‘s not a bum, „whip it in“ merchant.
Hold on. So we dont want a player who can whip in good crosses?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Hold on. So we dont want a player who can whip in good crosses?
We are not Stoke, we don't play with long crosses even under Emery. His crosses will be ineffective when no one in the receiving end can convert those headers. So he'll just end up being a waste of space.

We need speed and dribbling skills to support Lacazette and Aubameyang, and Fraser has neither.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
We are not Stoke, we don't play with long crosses even under Emery. His crosses will be ineffective when no one in the receiving end can convert those headers. So he'll just end up being a waste of space.

We need speed and dribbling skills to support Lacazette and Aubameyang, and Fraser has neither.
So you dont think Auba would love to be running on to some crosses? Btw a lot of those crosses have been beating us so lets not act like they cant be effective if we have the personnel. You say we dont do it under Emery. Well that's because we have **** players who cant so why not try something different since our usual way isnt doing sh!t for us.
We keep complaining that we are too predictable and when something different comes up we still complain that we dont play this way or we're not stoke.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
So you dont think Auba would love to be running on to some crosses? Btw a lot of those crosses have been beating us so lets not act like they cant be effective if we have the personnel. You say we dont do it under Emery. Well that's because we have **** players who cant so why not try something different since our usual way isnt doing sh!t for us.
We keep complaining that we are too predictable and when something different comes up we still complain that we dont play this way or we're not stoke.
No I don't think Aubameyang would love those crosses because he can't head for sh*t. Neither can Lacazette for that matter, although he is better than Aubameyang but lacks the height to be consistent.

Predictability is not our problem, you don't need someone to whip it in the box when things don't go your way. That's not how top clubs deal with tough defences. You need quality, movement, passing and shooting skills. All of which Fraser lacks.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard

Fair point but neither Bmouth plays like Stoke or Wilson or King are target men and Fraser still excelled.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No I don't think Aubameyang would love those crosses because he can't head for sh*t. Neither can Lacazette for that matter, although he is better than Aubameyang but lacks the height to be consistent.

Predictability is not our problem, you don't need someone to whip it in the box when things don't go your way. That's not how top clubs deal with tough defences. You need quality, movement, passing and shooting skills. All of which Fraser lacks.
I didnt know crosses into the air was the only form of cross... have you heard of low ground crosses? The type of cross that Aubameyang thrived on from the right at Dortmund?

I'm not saying Fraser will greatly solve our issues but he'd give us something we dont have; width, pace and crossing ability. Sometimes you need more basic players to balance your squad out. Saying that I would be more excited by Carrasco because he has shown world class ability before and is a more well rounded winger as he can score goals, take players on and assist.

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
I didnt know crosses into the air was the only form of cross... have you heard of low ground crosses? The type of cross that Aubameyang thrived on from the right at Dortmund?

I'm not saying Fraser will greatly solve our issues but he'd give us something we dont have; width, pace and crossing ability. Sometimes you need more basic players to balance your squad out. Saying that I would be more excited by Carrasco because he has shown world class ability before and is a more well rounded winger as he can score goals, take players on and assist.
Fraser is not a low cross merchant though. He's today's Stewart Downing if you will. Very average player who will look worse here because he doesn't fit us at all.

Carrasco on the other hand has skills that can compliment both Lacazette and Aubameyang really well.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Fraser is not a low cross merchant though. He's today's Stewart Downing if you will. Very average player who will look worse here because he doesn't fit us at all.

Carrasco on the other hand has skills that can compliment both Lacazette and Aubameyang really well.
He can defo get the ball to the byline and cross either way imo. He plays with players who like the ball on the ground at Bournemouth; hes crossing to players like King, Wilson and Brooks

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

Thank you. That's all im saying. He may not be the answer but on the other hand, what if he is? What if going back to certain basics would make us better off?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
He can defo get the ball to the byline and cross either way imo. He plays with players who like the ball on the ground at Bournemouth; hes crossing to players like King, Wilson and Brooks
King and Wilson are players who are really good at headers. Also their defenders are basically giants, he has so many targets while playing for Bournemouth.

Will all that said, for 15m-20m it wouldn't be a terrible signing as you can get at least half of that back when selling him one or two years later. If he is our only winger signed though, I won't be very happy.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member

So city and Liverpool dont score at all from crosses? Also you seem to only think crosses can only be high for them to be scored. You claim Fraser lacks so many things yet he's done better than what we currently have in a team that's worse than ours. Some of us fans need to get our heads out of our arses. We want more direct football but dont want more direct players. Lol

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
King and Wilson are players who are really good at headers. Also their defenders are basically giants, he has so many targets while playing for Bournemouth.

Will all that said, for 15m-20m it wouldn't be a terrible signing as you can get at least half of that back when selling him one or two years later. If he is our only winger signed though, I won't be very happy.
But do they only score headers from crosses?

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
So city and Liverpool dont score at all from crosses? Also you seem to only think crosses can only be high for them to be scored. You claim Fraser lacks so many things yet he's done better than what we currently have in a team that's worse than ours. Some of us fans need to get our heads out of our arses. We want more direct football but dont want more direct players. Lol
City and Liverpool don't have whip in merchants like Fraser as their wingers ffs. They have Mane, Firmino, Salah, Aguero, De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, David Silva. They leave the whipping for the fullbacks and concentrate around creating chances through these technical and athletic players.

Latest posts

Top Bottom