• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Being a **** & having an ego goes with the territory of good wide players.

Cant hold that against him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

It's the beard for me. If you're gonna have a beard, have a f*cking beard. If you want to look clean and slick, go clean shaven. Carrasco's looks like it's been sprayed on with a stencil, just doesn't look right to me.

Just also looks like one of those kids at primary school who'd be a total prick and then start crying the moment you pushed him.

I hate him as well tbh, might be after he kissed his sister in the crowd after he scored vs Real Madrid but it got me thinking, maybe we need a player we hate but will learn to love?

He could be our Costa, Alli, Joey Barton or Marcus Alonso, drives other people to death if he scores against them.

Adds more **** to our team. It's just a thought.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
He could be our Costa, Alli, Joey Barton or Marcus Alonso, drives other people to death if he scores against them.
I see what you did there, nice.

Him being unlikable isn't a huge issue tbf, we'll get over it. Signing a Belgium international who's scored in a CL Final and plays in a position of need is great business in January.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
So a player notorious for attitude problems and a questionable workrate who fell out with a very demanding manager and went to China is now desperate to come back, and will take a pay cut, to work with a very demanding manager who has fallen out with his best player, notorious for attitude problems and a questionable workrate.
Makes perfect sense.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Carrasco is growing on me fwiw. Probably just my transfer muppetry kicking in but he fits the profile of the player we need and has plenty of upside.

The doubts over his mentality are fully justified, but hopefully we’re now being sensible with wages so that we can shift him if it doesn’t work out.

Basically the only thing that would make this is a horrible transfer is we get stuck loaning him off to get his wages off after all the work we've been putting in getting the bill down.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

So a player notorious for attitude problems and a questionable workrate who fell out with a very demanding manager and went to China is now desperate to come back, and will take a pay cut, to work with a very demanding manager who has fallen out with his best player, notorious for attitude problems and a questionable workrate.
Makes perfect sense.

Emery can make him smile though.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
So a player notorious for attitude problems and a questionable workrate who fell out with a very demanding manager .

To be fair even if it ended badly he still got trusted by Simeone for 120+ games. Thats not easy & can see how many attackers just pass through Atleti with a handful of games.

Heskey

🌑 🌘🌗🌖🌕🌔🌓🌒
Trusted ⭐
giphy.gif

HBL

Established Member
I'd take him, in fact I'd take anyone at this point. I trust Sven & Raul to make the correct decision.

Kobi

I Know Who You Are
Questionable personality aside he is exactly the profile of player we need, fast, direct, tricky winger with an eye for a goal.

Token Yank

Always been a big fan of his and wish listed him several times in the past. Really excited about this.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Confused about the negativity surrounding this one. He is a champions league quality player available for a reasonable fee at a good age who is used to putting in a defensive shift, can play on either flank and is efficient in the final third. People are acting like we are getting a 29 year old from China.

We will get him into shape and he will easily slot into the way we play. Buying Carrasco would be a long term investment. The same cant be said for Suarez.

Drebin

It will be one of Suarez or Carrasco. Doubt that we will get both. There may be a loan deal for Suarez in place but Carrasco will cost us 35-40M at least.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
It will be one of Suarez or Carrasco. Doubt that we will get both. There may be a loan deal for Suarez in place but Carrasco will cost us 35-40M at least.
Carrasco is what we need. Suarez probably what Unai wants.

senna

Loan with an option to buy would be best for both players. I would prefer carrasco as long as we don't commit too much wages to him that it becomes difficult to move should he start causing problems.

I like the fact he has a bit of steel to him - we need some players like that. I think actually being our main man (Auba aside) it may bring out the best in him. He obviously has an ego to feed.

African Flair

Confused about the negativity surrounding this one. He is a champions league quality player available for a reasonable fee at a good age who is used to putting in a defensive shift, can play on either flank and is efficient in the final third. People are acting like we are getting a 29 year old from China.

We will get him into shape and he will easily slot into the way we play. Buying Carrasco would be a long term investment. The same cant be said for Suarez.
Don't get it either. If he wouldn't be in China this is a 50M player in a mold this team has been missing for years. We can clearly not afford these guys and even if we did those guys might not be looking for EL as a first choice.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Most reliable Belgian journalist in twitter. So this is interesting.

Even more interesting because the same journalist had expressed his doubts about this just yesterday. It sounds as though he did a bit of investigation and may have found there was something to it.

By the way, an £18 million fee is being booted around about this, but the Chinese club paid £27 million for him a year ago. Seems as though they would want to get that back, but with Chinese clubs, who knows?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom