• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

Furious.

The one with a period. Fake Furious v1
I don't think I'm incorrect in saying that we're the only top 6 club without at least 1 player of this profile who offers the specific kind of threat YFC does.
Liverpool-Salah/Mane
City-Sane/Sterling
United-Martial/Rashford
Tottenham-Son/Lucas
Chelsea-Hazard

Auba has the pace but most of his chances for us are coming either in the box or just outside it rather than him running at defenders or getting in on the counter. It can't be overstated how much value a player who forces the opponent to defend on the back foot rather than stand comfortably with everything in front of them has to an attack.

City have Mahrez too. Arsenal should have bid for him rather than bidding £90 million for Lemar back when they were looking to ship Alexis out last summer.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Chinese sides are only able to register a total of six foreign players per season, and can only name four on their teamsheet for any given match.

Dalian Yifang currently have four foreign players on their roster, meaning they could sign Payet without any problems.

They would however have to leave one foreign player out every week however, which is far from ideal, and would suggest that one man will move on.

If Arsenal are serious about signing Carrasco then Payet - who even plays in the same position as the Belgian - possibly arriving in China could result in a domino effect that sees the midfielder join the Gunners.

If Payet got homesick in London I don’t think China’s the place for him...

Furious.

I said this a while ago, add Mkhi and Kos to Özil and it's close to £1m per week on players that haven't been first team regulars this season which is terrifying!

Throw Kolasinac, Elneny, Monreal, Chambers, Lichsteiner, Jenkinson and Mustafi in there while you're at it. Kola in particular on enormous wages. Huge rebuilding job to be done. It will take at least a couple more summers.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
The issue isn’t that I don’t like Carrasco (it is the issue but ignore about that for now), the issue is that I think we can just do better. There are better and younger wingers out there.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
The issue isn’t that I don’t like Carrasco (it is the issue but ignore about that for now), the issue is that I think we can just do better. There are better and younger wingers out there.

Considering that Carrasco is only 25 (an age when most players are just on the verge of reaching their stride), who would you suggest that would be even remotely so affordable, available in this transfer window and ready to step in as a finished or near-finished product?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Considering that Carrasco is only 25 (an age when most players are just on the verge of reaching their stride), who would you suggest that would be even remotely so affordable, available in this transfer window and ready to step in as a finished or near-finished product?

Personally I’d rather wait till the summer if it means getting a better target. I want a winger signing who’s going to be a world-beater, I want the next Hazard, I just don’t think Carrasco is good enough.

Why are we always lowering our expectations? Sure we can’t buy a world class player for every position, but for this position that’s what we should be aiming for.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Personally I’d rather wait till the summer if it means getting a better target. I want a winger signing who’s going to be a world-beater, I want the next Hazard, I just don’t think Carrasco is good enough.

Why are we always lowering our expectations? Sure we can’t buy a world class player for every position, but for this position that’s what we should be aiming for.

I get that. But keep in mind that if they bring in someone now, it might boost their chances of making it into the top 4 (or winning Europa League) and getting back into the Champions League. That would far more than make up for what they might spend on Carrasco. They could then bring in someone with Hazard-like potential to compete with him.

To me, Arsenal is in a position where they need to take care of today as well as look to the future because the next four months will have a big effect on what comes beyond.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I get that. But keep in mind that if they bring in someone now, it might boost their chances of making it into the top 4 (or winning Europa League) and getting back into the Champions League. That would far more than make up for what they might spend on Carrasco. They could then bring in someone with Hazard-like potential to compete with him.

To me, Arsenal is in a position where they need to take care of today as well as look to the future because the next four months will have a big effect on what comes beyond.

Sure but I think the defence will determine whether or not we get CL football next season. We have enough going forward, despite the need for a winger. This January window should be about getting a CB who can help us in the coming months, hence why I wouldn’t mind someone like Benatia or Hummels, or literally anyone who can defend.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Sure but I think the defence will determine whether or not we get CL football next season. We have enough going forward, despite the need for a winger. This January window should be about getting a CB who can help us in the coming months, hence why I wouldn’t mind someone like Benatia or Hummels, or literally anyone who can defend.

Hopefully they can figure out a way to solidify multiple areas this transfer window.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
Always thought of him as overrated and a bit a one trick pony. However, he have shown good performances over the years. If he comes here i hope he comes highly motivated.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You do realize how incredibly hard that is, right? Not to mention expensive - Vinicius went to Real for over 40M. We can’t afford to take a punt on a promising teenager for the price required these days.

Pavon’s got a release clause of 45M. I don’t know how much Suarez plus YFC costs including wages if they’re both permanents but it can’t be too far off.

He’s a 22 year old who scores goals and also played significant time in the World Cup for a top nation. A deal that good is rare.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
You do realize how incredibly hard that is, right? Not to mention expensive - Vinicius went to Real for over 40M. We can’t afford to take a punt on a promising teenager for the price required these days.

Obviously, but this is Arsenal and we should aspire to have world class players. I’d rather take a punt on someone like Ismaila Sarr, Pepe or Pavon than someone who’d want high wages and hasn’t proven himself to be all that.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Throw Kolasinac, Elneny, Monreal, Chambers, Lichsteiner, Jenkinson and Mustafi in there while you're at it. Kola in particular on enormous wages. Huge rebuilding job to be done. It will take at least a couple more summers.

Kola came on a free so doesnt count

Also he is great

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Came round to the idea of this. Carrasco is very able and we need a mean. arrogant p**ck in our front line. He offers much of what we need. I really want Zaha, but Carrasco is much more proven.

He's had his pay day, seems like he's coming back to Europe to kick his career back into gear and claim his international place back. Trust me in saying, you don't want to be seeing him line up for United, Sp**s or Chelsea next season.

Get him in. Welbeck out. Carrasco, Iwobi, Mkhi and Reiss Nelson fill me with far more excitement than this year's choices of wide forwards.

Furious.

Kola came on a free so doesnt count

Also he is great

Yes he does count. His wages are huge and there are FFP restrictions on total wage bill increases.

He's not good enough even as a 2nd choice unless Arsenal permanently play with wing-backs.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable

Why do you say they instead of we?

Top Bottom