• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

Beast Incarnate

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ffered-yannick-carrasco-but-cannot-afford-him

giphy.gif

Poverty FC

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Give us your unsettled player or we will take his replacement.

Is this legit info? Haven’t seen it reported anywhere else.

gkoat

I'm aware of FFP on the continental level, can anyone elaborate on EPL salary rules?

Stan could cut them a £100 million check tomorrow and they couldn't spend it because the problem is that there's no wiggle room for wages under Premier League financial rules.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
It's a shame we haven't been able to shift Özil as his wage would cover perisic and carrasco. Getting those two in would look impressive.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
because our lawyers are not as smart as city´s ;)

Well, yes and no. They do legitimately have an enormous amount of revenue coming in, but part of that is because Mansour is able to use his other companies for massive sponsorship deals. Their recent success and growing global profile brings so much money into the club that they don't have to worry about the £7 million yearly cap on wage increases. Arsenal will have more breathing room this summer with the new sponsorship deals kicking in and getting wages off the books (especially if they can move Özil), but they may be limited in what they can spend on transfer fees if they don't get back into the Champions League. If they don't, that's when that never going to happen £100 million check from Kroenke would come in handy.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Stan could cut them a £100 million check tomorrow and they couldn't spend it because the problem is that there's no wiggle room for wages under Premier League financial rules.
Technically if my understanding is correct he could bank roll 100m and that could be used for wages. The rules state we can only raise wages by 7m p.a using PL revenue however outside revenue allows for further increases I.e. tickets, CL and from what i understand owner money. As long as that owner money is not a loss over 3 years I.e. could be a loss for 2 but profit in year 3 then this meets the requirements of both FFP and the PL.

I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Technically if my understanding is correct he could bank roll 100m and that could be used for wages. The rules state we can only raise wages by 7m p.a using PL revenue however outside revenue allows for further increases I.e. tickets, CL and from what i understand owner money. As long as that owner money is not a loss over 3 years I.e. could be a loss for 2 but profit in year 3 then this meets the requirements of both FFP and the PL.

I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.

The only revenue that can be used to exceed the £7 million must come from match day revenue, increased commercial income or player sales. The bit you're referring to is part of the Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR), which cover the club's entire financial health. But wage limits are part of Short Term Cost Control (STCC).

You Are My Arsenal did a great piece on it a couple of weeks ago. They explained it like this:

As many fans are already aware, all clubs in Europe are subject to UEFA Financial Fair Play Regulations (FFP), and indeed compliance with these rules is required for any club wishing to compete in UEFA’s lucrative club competitions, the Champions League and the Europa League. Simply put, clubs are limited in how much money they are allowed to lose over a rolling three year period. Clubs are allowed to spend up to 5% more than they make during each period, but any losses greater than a pre-prescribed limit during said three year period are required to be covered by the club’s investors or through increased revenue in other areas like sponsorships and match day revenue.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t stop there for many, as fans of the Premier League have an even more difficult job when trying to figure out their club’s financial health because the league has its own set of financial rules that clubs must follow. These rules are further broken down into two separate sets of regulations, Profitability and Sustainability Rules (PSR) and Short Term Cost Control (STCC). Each of these regulations is calculated separately, with the main difference being in which streams of revenue are factored into each rule. PSR is essentially a Premier League specific version of UEFA’s FFP rules, which is intended to keep clubs from spiraling into uncontrollable debt, with clubs at present only allowed to lose £105m over a three year period.

Meanwhile, STCC is what prevents clubs from spending enormous amounts each season on player wages, inflating the wage bill to unsustainable levels. At present, clubs are only allowed to increase their wage bill by £7m per season, far from a massive allowance with wages over £100k per week increasingly becoming the norm across the entire league. However, clubs are able to increase this figure by growing revenue elsewhere, including match day revenue, players sales and increases in commercial revenue. Crucially, however, television revenue, one of the most lucrative revenue streams for all Premier League clubs, is excluded from this calculation.

http://youaremyarsenal.com/arsenal-stan-kroenke-analysis-stats/

Here's a flow chart that explains STCC (the same rules are in place this season).

PL%20STCC%202016.jpg.opt882x767o0%2C0s882x767.jpg

Top Bottom