• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
By the way, an £18 million fee is being booted around about this, but the Chinese club paid £27 million for him a year ago. Seems as though they would want to get that back, but with Chinese clubs, who knows?

Not too sure how it all breaks down between his club Dalian Yifang, the companies Wanda Group / Dalian Wanda who have 20% ownership of Altetico & Wanda founder Wang Jianlin who owned the previous Dalian club + rumored this one as well... but might not have been a standard 27m transfer.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The limited funds keeps being mentioned but I think it’s more of a wage bill issue than a £25m fee. There’s still £150m cash in the bank which could be used on fees. The wages can only increase a certain amount unless revenue streams increase.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

The limited funds keeps being mentioned but I think it’s more of a wage bill issue than a £25m fee. There’s still £150m cash in the bank which could be used on fees. The wages can only increase a certain amount unless revenue streams increase.
Are the wage restrictions per season, calender year or financial year?

Malky

Established Member
He wouldn't of been my first choice for a winger signing, but he's still a huge upgrade on what we have as wide options right now. As long as his wages are reasonable then I'll be happy with this.

Carrasco/Auba/Nelson would be fun to watch next season!

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I don't think I'm incorrect in saying that we're the only top 6 club without at least 1 player of this profile who offers the specific kind of threat YFC does.
Liverpool-Salah/Mane
City-Sane/Sterling
United-Martial/Rashford
Tottenham-Son/Lucas
Chelsea-Hazard

Auba has the pace but most of his chances for us are coming either in the box or just outside it rather than him running at defenders or getting in on the counter. It can't be overstated how much value a player who forces the opponent to defend on the back foot rather than stand comfortably with everything in front of them has to an attack.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
I don't think I'm incorrect in saying that we're the only top 6 club without at least 1 player of this profile who offers the specific kind of threat YFC does.
Liverpool-Salah/Mane
City-Sane/Sterling
United-Martial/Rashford
Tottenham-Son/Lucas
Chelsea-Hazard

Auba has the pace but most of his chances for us are coming either in the box or just outside it rather than him running at defenders or getting in on the counter. It can't be overstated how much value a player who forces the opponent to defend on the back foot rather than stand comfortably with everything in front of them has to an attack.
He can be deadly for us. Exactly what we need. I'm pumped and ready to be disappointed.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Chinese sides are only able to register a total of six foreign players per season, and can only name four on their teamsheet for any given match.

Dalian Yifang currently have four foreign players on their roster, meaning they could sign Payet without any problems.

They would however have to leave one foreign player out every week however, which is far from ideal, and would suggest that one man will move on.

If Arsenal are serious about signing Carrasco then Payet - who even plays in the same position as the Belgian - possibly arriving in China could result in a domino effect that sees the midfielder join the Gunners.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom