• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yannick Carrasco

say yes

forum master baiter
Talk of selling Iwobi now? He's 22 ffs. He's still developing.

Selling Iwobi would be a great idea if anyone was stupid enough to give us serious money for him.

We’re unlikely to get much though so he’s probably best kept around on low wages as a home-grown squad option.

Anyway, he’s 23.

Token Yank

Saw this posted on RedCafe, taken from football leaks. Free Carrasco!!!

“While the rest of the Red Devils raged over the Russian fields like a well-oiled machine during the World Cup, one Red Devil ran sad and absent. Yannick Carrasco struggled to keep up with the high level of Eden Hazard, Kevin De Bruyne and Romelu Lukaku from the very first moment. Which would not really change afterwards in the Nations League games.
Even though national coach Roberto Martínez maintains confidence in his flank attacker, he also recognizes that Carrasco is no longer the old one. 'It is true that Yannick has lost a bit of his sharpness', Martínez explained in October to Het Laatste Nieuws. 'He does need that to make the difference in the one-on-one duel, his greatest quality. (...) It is important that Yannick plays all matches in China with his club, trains well, and feels good about himself. '
Why does Martinez say that? Carrasco's bizarre transfer to China at the beginning of this year was not only astonishment, but also criticism. He is the only Belgian to ever score in a Champions League final and is still only 25 years old. With his talent and at that age, according to most football connoisseurs he had nothing to look for in the Chinese Super League.

'So my interest is, just like yours, to transfer Yannick at the highest possible price' Christophe Henrotay, agent of Yannick Carrasco

Football Leaks documents that Der Spiegel received and shared with the partners of European Investigative Collaborations (EIC) and De Standaard, indicated that different parties benefited from a fast and expensive transfer when Carrasco was still playing at Atlético Madrid.

For example, there is an email from November 2, 2016 in which Carrasco's agent Christophe Henrotay exhausted himself in apologies to the address of AS Monaco - the club where Carrasco played until he moved to Madrid in 2015. The reason for these excuses: a few weeks earlier, Carrasco had renewed its contract with Atlético Madrid.
Why did his broker Henrotay suddenly contact his previous club? Monaco still held 'economic rights' on Carrasco. When Carrasco moved from Atlético to another club, Monaco passed by the cash register. In this case, Monaco was still entitled to not less than 25.38% of the transfer fee. The club counted on at least five million euros.

'He still wants to leave Atlético for one of the five largest clubs in Europe. (..) Without contract extension, the transfer price would never be as high as hoped, "explained Henrotay.
According to Henrotay, too, Monaco did not have to worry about the timing of a next transfer: 'Yannick also wants a transfer within two years.'
Henrotay also mentioned the amount that Atlético wanted for Carrasco: 85 million euros, or even 100 million if it scored more than 10 goals in one season.
Carrasco's agent writes in the same mail that he personally gets a five percent commission from Atlético on the transfer fee when the Belgian leaves the Spanish club. And that 'without touching your rights (that of AS Monaco, ed.). (...) My interest, like yours, is to transfer Yannick at the highest possible price, "writes Henrotay.

Both Monaco and broker Henrotay saw the player Carrasco not only as a human and footballer, but also as an investment where they could earn a few more millions. They were not the only parties that claimed a piece of 'the financial product Carrasco'.
Atlético Madrid also involved him in a striking construction. In an eternal search for money, the Spanish club foamed several financial institutions in recent years. The Spanish top club started loans with a British and Chinese investment fund and an Australian bank.
Even with the investment company linked to the Canadian Pension Service, the Canadian Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Atlético Madrid concluded loans. Between the Football Leaks documents of the Football Leaks platform, an agreement for everything is more than 97 million euros. Atlético concluded that agreement in the autumn of 2015.
One of the terms of that contract states that the 'economic rights' (say the possession) of Carrasco serve as collateral for the millions loan. In the event that Atlético fails to meet the payments, the Canadian pension fund is therefore entitled to income arising from the footballer.
It is a clause that comes close to the banned 'Third Party Ownership' (or TPO). This means that a party other than a football club, such as a private individual or an investment fund, has a (part of a) football player. FIFA world football association in May 2015 with such consconstructions because it led to excesses.
The Canadian pension fund CPPIB confirms that it had concluded a credit agreement with Atlético Madrid that ran from 2013 to 2017. But this agreement has now been terminated. According to CPPIB, she also fulfilled "all rules that were applicable in the football world at the time".

Carrasco himself never got his transfer to one of the five European top clubs. But he did move. On 26 February 2018 the Spanish Belgian moved to the Chinese Dalian Yifang, in the Chinese Super League. European players mainly go to the end of their career.
Besides the destination of Carrasco, the timing of that move is also special. The Chinese Wanda Group (which you might know as the sponsor of the youngest World Cup) sold its 17 percent stake in Atlético just a few weeks ago. Shortly thereafter, the company took over the Dalian Yifang club in their own country, and the same Wanda bought Carrasco from the Spanish capital in the same breath.
Coincidence? A friends service? Who will say it. Dalian Yifang and Atlético did not respond to our questions. The bond between the two parties remained intimate afterwards. Wanda still sponsors Atlético and even gave his name to the brand new stadium in Madrid, the 'Wanda Metropolitano'.
AS Monaco (which did not answer questions from EIC) and broker Henrotay will not have been sorry about it. Within the planned two-year period, they earned good money from Carrasco.

In a written response, player broker Henrotay emphasizes that he has always "defended the rights of Yannick Carrasco with clarity and transparency, and that the latter himself has decided freely to be transferred to China."
He himself was never under external pressure and has always respected the rules, emphasizes the player broker. "Claiming that I would have exerted any pressure on the player, that I was under pressure from some club or that I would receive the commissions you suggest is pure fantasy."

Carrasco himself did not answer questions we sent him through his club. The exact reasons for his transfer remain unclear. Did Carrasco not want to disappoint his entourage? Did he opt for China because he reportedly could earn EUR 10 million per year? Was it because the Chinese championship is in full growth, as Carrasco himself stated? Does it matter?
The fact is that Carrasco, who was only able to avoid relegation with Dalian Yifang, has never achieved the same high level since his transfer to China as at Atlético Madrid. The Belgian flank attacker sometimes got frustrated - this week it leaked that he hit a Chinese teammate in August on training - and he could seldom claim a steady place with the Red Devils. The past two Nations League matches of the Red Devils even missed Carrasco completely. He was reportedly stuck with passport problems. In China.”

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Mustafi, Xhaka, Bellerin, Özil if someone is suicidal enough to pay those wages of his.

The above three or four should raise money. I like Bellerin, but I think his sale could land us two starting full backs (we badly need a left back who can play in a back four).

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I watched that live, how can I forget.

He used both feet but he admitted to being right-footed and his trademark move was as described.

He (or Bobby Pires) is just the type of player we need. If this Carrasco is anything like them I'd much rather have him than Suarez who will be another midget midfielder to add to our collection and gives us nothing new.
I want Carrasco AND Suarez.

We are very poor technically throughout the team for a supposed big club.

Xhaka, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi sometimes, Welbeck etc...

Not enough technical quality there. When we had that Bottlers Team consisting of Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky, Van Persie, Wilshere and Song we won **** all and had pathetic loser mentality but my word could we keep and pass the ball beautifully.

Newchange

Glamorous name but not the player we need.

Would be another player we would struggle to get off the wage bill in 3 years time. So many talented young wingers around, please don't waste time with this mercenary

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
the people saying Ramsey was Sunderland level is the Same
as the ones advocating Iwobi potential offload.

Our fans are very intriguing.
The Suarez link does not seem great for Iwobi.

Unless both starting & then thats not good news for us.

Sure he was brought down to earth at Everton. Dude thought he was this big star that deserved to play through the middle!
How much does he get paid there anyway!

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Glamorous name but not the player we need.

Would be another player we would struggle to get off the wage bill in 3 years time. So many talented young wingers around, please don't waste time with this mercenary
Ok. Explain why you dont think he's what we need and name the players who are better AND affordable AND available in January.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I want Carrasco AND Suarez.

We are very poor technically throughout the team for a supposed big club.

Xhaka, Mkhitaryan, Iwobi sometimes, Welbeck etc...

Not enough technical quality there. When we had that Bottlers Team consisting of Fabregas, Nasri, Rosicky, Van Persie, Wilshere and Song we won **** all and had pathetic loser mentality but my word could we keep and pass the ball beautifully.

What does it matter if we dont win?

Our biggest winner is leaving on a free and yet you guys are clamoring for more of the stuff that just dug us deeper and deeper into the hole!

Ffs I bet you are one of those annoying guys who uses LB and just dribble around on Fifa...

Latest posts

Top Bottom