• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya joining Shakhtar

A

Anonymous

bad mistake

he will end up with madrid or milan one day

Allyboy

Established Member
Theres actually nothing we could of done, he would not have got a work permit apparently....

JazzG

Established Member
They have accepted the offer as we can't sign him. The deal isn't done yet though. On arseweb they were saying we couldn't sign him and loan him back either :(

I'm hearing Kolo isn't too happy about this either. Maybe he can have a word with his brother and tell him not to sign ;)

Surely we can put down payment on him and sign him at a later date :x

Andrew

Do you really think he'll be at Shakhtar all his career? If he moves we will still have the best chance of signing him out of the bigger clubs. He will want to join his brother at Arsenal so he will always do everything he can to join Arsenal. And you never know, there might be some clause in the contract saying that if we make a such-and-such bid for him then they have to sell.

Jinn

Established Member
Yes, we still have a good chance on signing him from Donetsk when he eventually moves on.

This is not a mistake by Wenger and co.

There was nothing they could have done to sign him. If they signed him, he would not have been able to play.

That is not good for either party is it?

At least we still have Kolo.

Adam

Established Member
We could of had an agreement and paid money to Beveren now (to fend off Shaktar), and received him at the end of the contract, at the end of this season (when he would be eligible to play in the Prem due to playing 3 years in an EU league).

However, all is not lost. He will become a better player at Donetsk - mentally and physically. The Ukrainian league will be an experience that will toughen him up and prepare him for the rigours of the Prem. Buying off Shaktar is realistic too as they are only a smalll club - if it was Kiev, the price would be more extortionate.

They say Yaya has attitude problems - this experience will be a learning curve.

lewdikris

Established Member
Besides, the Ukrainian season runs March-November, so it might just be for a year. He'll come to us sometime - the situation was a bit complex.

Nevermind. Wenger's concentration's on Ali, Bentley, Cesc, Senderos and Clichy - one more superkid might be overegging the potion.

For now.

JazzG

Established Member
He looked a player who could slot in right now. We got some fantastic talents but they simply aren't ready yet :x

Jinn

Established Member
Patience, young padawan.

We have Clichy! I wonder how he'd do on the right.

JazzG

Established Member
Seen right footed players play on the left and do well but never seen a left footed player do well on the right. Hmmmmmm

Webdesignlab

Established Member
JazzG said:
He looked a player who could slot in right now. We got some fantastic talents but they simply aren't ready yet :x

Yeah the future looks bright alright. Right now though they need time.

I know it's a lazy thing to say in a lot of ways but Kluivert would really help at the moment. These younger guys would learn so much from a top player like him. I only hope and pray we get (got?) him. The costs of his wages would be cancelled out by his low fee. In Spain everyone seem to think it's a done deal (Kluivert to Arsenal that is) but we hear very little here. Maybe it's all bull like the McMannaman rumour was, but I am still waiting hopeful.

A RM would still be needed imo. No idea who that is. J Pennant has not quite lit my fuse as it were. I see this on a lot of threads, but no one really has any answers. maybe AW has a target in mind. we shoulkd maybe have a poll about this.

Is there a problem? If so who would be ideal?

Jinn

Established Member
Yes for some reason, left footed players seem to be less 'two-footed' than right-footed players.

johe

Fabrice Fernandes is left footed, he played alot for Soton on the right last year. Dunno if he played well though. Only case of left footer on right side I know about.

goonerdownunder

oh well i hope he comes to arsenal eventually, luckilly shakhtar arent the best team in europe so he will leave eventually because he has the talent to make it at a much bigger club

Latest posts+

Top Bottom