• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Sanogo joins Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

leo_ense

Established Member
Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that French youth international Yaya Sanogo has joined on a long-term contract.
The 20-year-old striker, who joins as a free agent after leaving Auxerre, made a total of 24 appearances and scored 11 goals during his time with the Ligue 2 side.
Sanogo, who joined Auxerre as a 14-year-old, has represented his country at under-16, under-17 and under-19 levels,and is currently playing for France in the Fifa Under-20 World Cup in Turkey.
Sanogo has impressed during the tournament, scoring in two of his country’s three matches, helping France qualify for the knockout phase.
Arsène Wenger said: “Sanogo is a good young signing for us. He has shown that he has potential with his recent performances for Auxerre and also for the France Under-20 side. We are looking forward to Yaya joining us and continuing his promising development.”
The deal is subject to the completion of formal registration processes, with Sanogo joining up with his new team-mates after his participation in the Under-20 World Cup.
Sanogo’s shirt number will be revealed on the Club’s official Twitter account @Arsenal in due course.
Everyone at Arsenal looks forward to welcoming Yaya to the Club.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/french-striker-yaya-sanogo-joins-club" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archiv ... joins-club</a>

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Welcome to Arsenal Yaya. I hope you'll realise your immense potential at Arsenal just like your hero Titi did.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Good fourth choice striker...and so it begins! :twisted:

KY

Established Member
Best player song ever:

Wake Me Up Yaya Sanogo,
We Hope You’re Better Than That "Chap" From Togo.

courtesy of Goonerholic

blaze_of_glory

Very interested to see what he can do for us. Seems to have everything you need physically, so hopefully he can really make an impact in the next few years.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Having only seen YouTube videos I'm a bit worried that we've just signed the white Peter Crouch. Anyone seen more than just YouTube vids?

leo_ense

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Having only seen YouTube videos I'm a bit worried that we've just signed the white Peter Crouch. Anyone seen more than just YouTube vids?

:shock: :lol:

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Sanogo on free! Get in there. Good business!

19.00 BST he's playing in the U20 WC last 16 match France v hosts Turkey.

After watching him play 3 full matches at the U20 WC, I consider myself a Sanogo expert. First of all bare in mind that the team he plays is physical at the expense of skill. In general he had poor service.

The way he plays imo is a bit more like Anelka (Sanogo is stronger) than like TH14. Played like an out and out striker this tourney. Pretty good skills, decent finishing (feet and head) and what a liked most was the way he played in team mates very well a few times. Looked like taking it easy when the opposition were in possession.

Good signing. Now we need to get the top players.

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
Good development striker, something we needed for the future. Hopefully his injury record will improve (into the right direction).

In terms of other new signings.....
Let the floodgates open.

TheCourier

I like him he looks good passing shooting and holding up. Good and physical and not afraid to throw himself around. The start of hopefully a really full on transfer window!

TheCourier

clockwork orange said:
Sanogo on free! Get in there. Good business!

19.00 BST he's playing in the U20 WC last 16 match France v hosts Turkey.

After watching him play 3 full matches at the U20 WC, I consider myself a Sanogo expert. First of all bare in mind that the team he plays is physical at the expense of skill. In general he had poor service.

The way he plays imo is a bit more like Anelka (Sanogo is stronger) than like TH14. Played like an out and out striker this tourney. Pretty good skills, decent finishing (feet and head) and what a liked most was the way he played in team mates very well a few times. Looked like taking it easy when the opposition were in possession.

Good signing. Now we need to get the top players.

Lol just watching him there and he didn't even know the French Anthem

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Hopfully he will stay injurie free, apparently he's never managed more than five games in row, it's almost like wenger gets some kind of cheap thrill from discovering obscure talent, he looks decent, definetly more clinical than adebayor when he arrived .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom