• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Sanogo joins Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
yuvken said:
Yeah, though very early, I told someone earlier that's just the impression I had (like clock) - reminds me more of the young Anelka than other players.
He's a striker, that's the job he was born to do. How good he'll be - depends how healthy and hard working he'll be, mainly. Happy with this signing (provided it's not one of the signing signings.
Good goal there.

That's quite a big call. Slightly off topic but it's often easily forgotten just how good Anelka was at the same age as this kid. Anelka was the top scorer for the Premier Leagu champions at the age of 18, and he'd got something like 17 league goals. No wonder Real Madrid were ready to spend £22m on him!

outlaw_member

Established Member
19 year old at Wembley, and he had a third goal incorrectly ruled out.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx9VB70K2dw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx9VB70K2dw</a>

As for Sanogo, he reminds me of Balotelli more than anyone else.

TheCourier

whatever he looks like, the way he finished the third goal last night, showed me that this guy will score goals. I think this is a nice bit of business by AW. The core of the team is really coming along for next couple of years, now we just need AW to sign the likes of Higgy et al to give us experience for today.

yuvken

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
yuvken said:
(like clock) - reminds me more of the young Anelka than other players.

That's quite a big call. ... easily forgotten just how good Anelka was at the same age as this kid.!
Yeah, Anelka was top, and I don't think Sanogo is that level - I don't know that he'll ever be. But I was referring more to his style, or in a more loose way just "who he reminds me of". And I wasn't alone, it seems - clock saw it, and then there's this dude a few posts up:
Who would be a player to whom you could accurately compare Sanogo?
JE: He is not like Thierry Henry. He is not a player who bursts in from wide areas. I have not seen him steaming away from people with pure pace. He is more a central player than Henry was at the same age. You might say Nicolas Anelka
Though he also doesn't really think he is like Anelka.

evoh_1

Established Member
Sanogo looks like Adebayor if you are to compare him to anyone, certainly not anelka Ade looked pretty budget before he arrived here but was raw just like this kid.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

jmsmtthw28 said:
So Wenger is partly buying him on potential but you can see why he did it because of his performances in the second half of the season. He got four goals in one match, against (MY EDIT) LIVERPOOL [END EDIT], all in 17 minutes and he'd only been back fit after a year out for six weeks.
His name isn't Arshavin by any chance?
Poor joke.

Welcome to the camp Sanogo I hope you become a star for us I just hope, I really, really, really, really, really hope he has been signed with an instant view to loaning out to a Sunderland/Newcastle so he can fulfil his potential and come back to us and a star.

ArsenesNO1Fan

Established Member
leo_ense said:
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Yaya I fear for your future with the incoming arrivals of Rooney, Jovetic and Higuain

You forgot Messi in there as well

Come on man don't be a mad crazy person, we can't get Messi, we're going to have to settle for CR7. I don't think that's relevant to Yaya though as CR7 could be pushed to right forward to accommodate Sanogo so he gets playing time. But that could kill Oxlade and moving Rooney to 10 could kill Eisfeld. Scrap that let's just not sign any of them so Yaya, Thomas and Oxlade gets there chance, I mean come on do you really want to kill these guys careers or something?

akhil

Yeah an Ade with maybe a bit more technical ability at similar ages is not a bad thing at all. A year in the reserves with a few CC appearances will probably get him settled in well along with getting over those big injuries. He's had half a season in Ligue 2 after 2 terrible injuries. We've seen with Aaron and Jack, those injuries have very long recovery period before getting to pre-injury physical levels.

Watched a couple of the U20 games and he doesn't look like Balotelli or Anelka at all. Benteke is probably the closest comparision albeit being a bit more lanky. He seems comfortable with both feet which is very good for his age.

Vela

Established Member
I'm guessing he will feature for the U21's and in the Carling Cup in the first part of the season and then a loan move in January?

KyleHyde

Wenger might be a bit delicate with him, think Eisfeld is very much ready for a loan move last year but Wenger preferred him to stay in the squad.

arsmile

Established Member
so...got no.22

tempting to take that as an indication of where we see him in the squad

but not really

Uncle Mike

Established Member
ArsenesNO1Fan said:
Yaya I fear for your future with the incoming arrivals of Rooney, Jovetic and Higuain
Jovetic? There's a name I haven't heard for a while. And he was coming. It was a done deal. Just like Higuain now is.

No. They are not done deals. Sanogo is a done deal. And I think I'm going to be very pleased with it by the time the season gets to its truly interesting phase. For now, I am merely hopeful.

Original_AAA

Welcome to the club Yaya!

Our last signings from France have been disapointing. Hopefully this will be a better bargain.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Exciting signing, Sanogo looks a player, every French pundit iv heard, rates him too. This is what Wenger does best.

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
In 30 odd minutes it's 16.00 BST / 17.00 CET it's the U20 WC QF France v Uzbekistan. Our man Yaya Sanogo starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom