• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Sanogo joins Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicmonkey

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/video/live/information.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/video/l ... ation.html</a>

FIFA are streaming the game :)

clockwork orange

Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy"
Fifa.com also give line-ups. Direct link from their homepage.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matchcast/matchday=12/day=1/match=300234903/index.html?intcmp=livecoverage_box_u20worldcup_en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matchca ... orldcup_en</a>

musicmonkey

Established Member
He's just scored, decent poached goal slipping between the CBs for a tap in off a driven cross. His 4th of the U20's world cup. He's seemed a pretty tidy player in general so far, nice link up play and passing.

Godwin1

Very well-known
France have to many foreign nationals in their team, I don't like that I think that a player should represent his country of birth. I bet some of the African nations are a bit frigged off with this as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Other than Umitti all the boys are French born. Umitti having moved there as a kid might consider himself as French as the next man too.

jerome2158

Established Member
of the 25 players on the French U20 team, I believe only 2 were born outside France. And if my memory is correct, I think those 2 have lived in France since a very young age. Actually most of the players are from the Paris region.

French-born citizens can be black too you know.

clockwork orange

There's still room for improvement. Should have scored a few more this tourney. That miskick at the start of the 2nd half was a sitter.

blaze_of_glory

This kid is a real goal-scorer it seems. Just hope he can carry that over to to the highest level.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Sanogo should have scored 3 goals at least today. good player some good movements and can create problems for the defense.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
jerome2158 said:
of the 25 players on the French U20 team, I believe only 2 were born outside France. And if my memory is correct, I think those 2 have lived in France since a very young age. Actually most of the players are from the Paris region.

Agreed in general, but I suspect at least some of those kids don't feel very French at all. Playing for a national football team is more a career choice than anything these days, especially when your other option is an African crisis-ridden third world country.

Chappers

jones said:
jerome2158 said:

Agreed in general, but I suspect at least some of those kids don't feel very French at all. Playing for a national football team is more a career choice than anything these days, especially when your other option is an African crisis-ridden third world country.

If you were born and have lived in a country your entire life it'd be more of a career choice to represent another nation, no?

Chappers

From the celebrations after a goal, either by himself or a teammate, he seems well-liked which is a plus. He's not the self-centered type who only seek glory for himself (Ade *cough*).

clockwork orange

No he isn't. Also shows up in his play. Very good awereness of players around him and has the ability to pick and play the right pass.

yuvken

Established Member
Haven't watched today's game, but from previous ones I agree with that - shows up, has great awareness, finds his teammates, moves for it quickly and good decision making as a rule.
For me the basic stuff is very satisfying. Big question now is: how hungry and hard working he is. if he scores highly on those, we've got a very, very interesting prospect on our hands.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Is he right or left footed? He looks comfortable with both. He is a tidy dribbler as well for a big guy and he holds the ball up really well. He definitely looks more like an Adebayor than an Henry.

lazyfreak

CurryFlavoured said:
Is he right or left footed? He looks comfortable with both. He is a tidy dribbler as well for a big guy and he holds the ball up really well. He definitely looks more like an Adebayor than an Henry.
If you've seen a player play and wanna know if they're left or right footed, you look at what foot they dribble with. Sanogo uses his right.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
lazyfreak said:
CurryFlavoured said:
If you've seen a player play and wanna know if they're left or right footed, you look at what foot they dribble with. Sanogo uses his right.

Thanks for the lesson :lol: I only saw pieces of him in matches and remembered he used both feet a lot so I was curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom