Yaya Sanogo joins Arsenal

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by leo_ense, Jul 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buhry

Buhry New Member

This, try to keep it on topic please.

2. GunnerBP

GunnerBP Well-Known Member Trusted

Thanks, truth_hurts.

I said my piece on French nationalism and all that stuff and now I'm looking forward to this thread getting back on the topic of Sanogo's performances.

Thus far -- and it is early days -- it looks like we've signed a good player who could contribute to the squad.

3. clockwork orange

clockwork orange Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy" Elite

Today 16.00 BST / 17.00 CET Sanogo's France U20 play v Ghana in the SF of the WC.

Our new man can still become top scorer this WC. Currently top ranked are 2 players no longer in this tourney, Portugal's Bruma and Spain's Jese Rodriguez, both with 5 goals. Ghana's Assifuah and Uruguay's Nico Lopez are tied with Sanogo and also have the opportunity to add to their talley.

4. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

What channel is it on mate?

5. clockwork orange

I watch the entire tourney on Eurosport 1 (continental). Not sure if Eurosport UK broadcast it too, and if so on which channnel, but I guess it should be possible to watch it on some channel in the UK or otherwise find a stream. Fifa.com also provide free streams, but I'm not sure if the work in all countries.

Will be an match between two teams, who are very strong physically. The French have the advantage of not having played ET in the QF and an additional restday.

6. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

Gonna have a good look at him right now....

7. Jury

Pogba the star of the show so far. Looks a class above everyone else. Sanogo shown very little so far, apart from a few miscontrolled passes out on the right.

8. Jury

He does look bright and alert. Always making sure he's finding space between defenders when the ball gets recycled.

9. Jury

Sanogo been very disappointing tbf. Thauvin on the other hand! Cracking little player. Two goals today.

10. clockwork orange

Was probabaly his worst match. He can make up for it in the final or even better at Arsenal.

11. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Yeah he's been good every other game so far. Everyone has off games.

12. clockwork orange

So will Sanogo score a hattrick to claim the Golden Boot (a brace would mean tied on 6 goals with Ghana's Assifuah)?

Kick off in 35 minutes.

13. Buhry

Buhry New Member

The U20 wc final is on now, heads up for anyone interested. Sanogo plays for France.

14. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

Poor game so far, I mean in general not just Sanogo.

15. clockwork orange

Yep, poor game. Only once, 5 minutes before HT, Sanogo was played in the right way. Should have made more of that. Otherwise he gets a lot of crap supply. Velazquez lucky to be on the pitch. Thought that was a red card assault on Sanogo. Glad he's OK.

16. Buhry

Buhry New Member

Awful game so far really, Sanogo hasn't been involved a whole lot.

17. k24bfan

k24bfan New Member

I've watched this tournament I've seen nothing really special about Sanogo. He's got great physical tools and scored some nice goals but I've got to say I've seen nothing "special" that's leading me to say he's going to be a top striker. Perhaps maybe its going to take a couple of years to see what Wenger + staff saw.

18. Buhry

Buhry New Member

He looks like he knows where the goal is, he seems to be strong in the air and decent physically. But I agree, I think he's a few years off being of much use to us. We might see him a bit in the CC but that's it for next season I think.

To be fair though he's apparently has a ton of injury troubles the last few seasons so that's got to have hampered his progress as a player a lot, he'll need a longer period of staying fit and training/playing. If wenger thinks he has potential I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt, he tends to do well with young french african strikers.

Sanogo seems like the type of striker that needs service though rather than an Henry type who is great at creating chances for himself.

19. clockwork orange

In this tourney the best part of his game was his awereness of other players. Gave some good passes which few strikers would have gone for / spotted. Think if he has the right mind set he can become at least a useful striker for us.

The problem with France this tourney is that when they have possession and have no chance on a fast break the do the oppositie of Spain. Spain attack with lots of players close together to play tika taka. France, seem to have a rule that players aren't allowed to come within 15 meters of eachother, so no fast interplay. Their build up is too easy to defend against for a team like Uruguay.

20. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

Didnt play well today, his last 2 games have been very average. Could be fatigue or could be his injury that he picked up in training.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.