• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Sanogo joins Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
I must admit I was a bit harsh on him on match day, but in retrospect its really not his fault he been placed in pressure cooker environment where the fans have big expectations after being let down time after time by a manager and boardroom trying to present tuna as fillet mignot !, I'm sure the kid has potential but he will never live up to it being placed in the deep end like he was yesterday, and hopefully wenger will see this and purchase some ready made performers for the first team instead of thinking every youth/project playerwill turn into an Anelka or Fabregas,

Godwin1

Very well-known
The guy is very injury prone, I wonder if that has something to do with Wenger getting him on the cheap.

Do not want.

infineon

Established Member
Maybe he does cool stuff in training but even his Youtube videos are not that flattering so I am not expecting much.

say yes

forum master baiter
I didn't catch the match but are you guys really telling me that our on the verge of becoming a postman out of contract-twenty year old-from the French second division isn't the second coming of Messi?!

****. That's our season gone to **** then.

Our other signings are going to really have to pick up the slack.

MDGoonah41

Established Member
he'll be another in a long line of players who is brought in and thrust in to an important role at the club before he is ready. he is one giroud hamstring strain away from starting champions league and key premier league fixtures. and he has zero top flight experience at all.

its embarrassing that we are running the club this way, and even more damaging that we are doing this to young players and potentially ruining their careers. there is no way to know how a player's development is actually stunted by being put in these types of situations. the pressure of playing for a club like arsenal at 19 or 20 has to be a tremendous weight to carry. some players (cesc) do it with ease, but i feel they are in the distinct minority. we are doing players a great disservice by placing this type of responsibility on them when they clearly are not ready to shoulder the load.

GOONER1991

Established Member
From the little that we've seen of him, he's failed to impress. Reminds me of Jay Emmanuel Thomas who looked great amongst youngsters because of his size, but when it came to taking the step up, he was found out.

Sanogo looks pretty crap if I'm completely honest and in the best case scenario would be Adebayor-esque. What Wenger's fascination with big target men is beyond me.

Far from impressed, but it's just the start. However I will say, I'm not excited by this player and his development in the slightest.

akhil

He was nervous as hell and you could see the rest of the team didn't trust him. There was barely anything played into feet through the middle. Hard to judge someone under those circumstances. Ideally we need some comfortable victories to get him and Ryo some game time along with one of them playing in the COC. Hopefully he gets better and more confident quick, he IS our 2nd choice striker as of now from the looks of it with Poldi and Ox injured.

ASAP Berg

Established Member
Akpom looks better. Both are really really not ready.

ST signing to compete with Giroud is really needed Im losing my ish right now at seeing Sanogo as our only signing.

infineon

Established Member
a_fourteen said:
anelka, henry, ade, rvp. not a bad track record with young strikers to have.
Henry, Ade and RVP were already playing top level football before coming to us. They were risks but the chances of success with them were relatively good.

Anelka is the only one of the players you mentioned who came here really with nothing but potential. In addition, if you really want to compare Sanogo with past signings, you should really be using the likes of Bendtner, Vela, Walcott, Aliadiere, Rui Fonte, etc. In this context, the success rate has not been great. Only Anelka has really made it, Vela seems to be doing good in Spain and Walcott has turned into a winger not a striker.

Illusion

Established Member
I feel like he is doomed to fail because the pressure on him is almost beyond what any new player can deal with.

You can feel it in the stadium, every failed touch, every misplaced pass or lack of awareness shown. The anger is there ready to chastise him, ready to deem him a failure immediately.

He may be a good prospect and he may have a lot of talent but I fear for his future with us purely because of this atmosphere around the club right now.

The fans are on edge and that is precisely not the right atmosphere to throw in an inexperienced under 21 player and say "we need two goals, you're our only striker".

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
People saying sanogo looked better than Giroud...the hate is just ridiculous now. Giroud had a bad game, but sanogo looks ****ing worthless.

Girouds hate club on here have zero credibility. He lacks plenty, but some of these statements are *.

cannonade

Established Member
It sucks when everyone's anger, frustration and disappointment at the owner/management at AFC get inevitably directed at the players.

The players feel it and play poorly as a result. Wenger feels/hears it and blames the media and fans.

What it comes down to is there is a need and pent-up desire for change from the status quo regarding player transfers at Arsenal and until that changes, or the people in charge change, that's the way it's going to be.

TheLoneFalcon

Cake Addict
RandomHero84 said:
People saying sanogo looked better than Giroud...the hate is just ridiculous now. Giroud had a bad game, but sanogo looks ******* worthless.

Girouds hate club on here have zero credibility. He lacks plenty, but some of these statements are *.

This a thousand times.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Illusion said:
I feel like he is doomed to fail because the pressure on him is almost beyond what any new player can deal with.

You can feel it in the stadium, every failed touch, every misplaced pass or lack of awareness shown. The anger is there ready to chastise him, ready to deem him a failure immediately.

He may be a good prospect and he may have a lot of talent but I fear for his future with us purely because of this atmosphere around the club right now.

The fans are on edge and that is precisely not the right atmosphere to throw in an inexperienced under 21 player and say "we need two goals, you're our only striker".
This. He looked nervous and the team don't even trust him at all, barely pass to him. The Emirates is understandably a tough crowd as well right now, fed up and comfortable victories the only thing stopping everyone from losing the plot.

Now is not the time for Sanogo despite his obvious potential. I really do wonder about the management sometimes, far from impressed- barely understand.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Courtesy of the lobby, didnt even notice this during the game oh dear
tumblr_ms82z5jVox1qcxfxbo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom