• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave_rwr

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
If Sanogo wasn't offered a new deal by Auxere then why would we pay 450k compensation to Auxere

If Sanogo wasn't offered a new deal by a team that was playing in Ligue 2 last season, why are we offering him a deal period? I haven't seen him play at all, but isn't that kind of a red flag?

Cruisio

Established Member
Basically because it's a gamble

Wenger has done this kind of thing before, if it works out and Sanogo goes on to become a big asset then he looks like a genius. If he doesn't then it won't be that big of a deal as we picked him up for free

GDeep™

League is very weak
dave_rwr said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
If Sanogo wasn't offered a new deal by Auxere then why would we pay 450k compensation to Auxere

If Sanogo wasn't offered a new deal by a team that was playing in Ligue 2 last season, why are we offering him a deal period? I haven't seen him play at all, but isn't that kind of a red flag?

Erm, Sanogo WAS offered a new deal by his current club, Auxerre, but he rejected it, he also rejected deals from elite Ligue 1 teams like Lyon and Lille in favour of a link up with Wenger.

This is an in demand young player.

dave_rwr

Established Member
GDeep said:
dave_rwr said:
jmsmtthw28 said:

Erm, Sanogo WAS offered a new deal by his current club, Auxerre, but he rejected it, he also rejected deals from elite Ligue 1 teams like Lyon and Lille in favour of a link up with Wenger.

This is an in demand young player.

Someone just posted a quote from the player that Auxerre didn't extend his contract even when he offered to take a wage cut. Is that quote fake? Either way, glad that he's apparently in demand in that case.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ok, iv just gone back and seen that quote, interesting. BBC, ESPN and SkySports all reporting Sanogo rejected a new deal with his current club and offers from elsewhere.

9 goals and 1 assist in 11 game's this term btw, can't believe he wasn't offered a new deal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
"He was offered a two-year contract, with the same pay, with the possibility to go in a year," said Guy Cotret, president of the Yonne training.

- Auxerre President confirms Sanogo was offered a new deal. Quote is from L'Equipe.

L'Equipe also claim Monaco, Lille, Lyon and St Etienne all wanted the player, something along the lines of "Arsenal sneak French talent ahead of 4 French giants".

So, yeah, current club President says Sanogo was offered a new deal.

GDeep™

League is very weak
<a class="postlink" href="http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.footmercato.net/joueur/j113351_yaya-sanogo&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dyaya%2Bsanogo%2Bsituation%26biw%3D1186%26bih%3D632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... 6bih%3D632</a>

EDIT - Click on the ''Mercato: Arsenal already plays a trick on four heavyweights L1'' story.

Link quoting L'Equipe with the above quote about a new deal and interest from the 4 big French clubs.

I had another link which I can't find atm, pain on a tablet, but the above covers my previous post.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
evoh_1 said:
contract or no contract we have to compensate for a player of his age no matter what.
why aren't we being compensated for 14 of the 16 players we are releasing this summer?

arsmile

Established Member
evoh_1 said:
contract or no contract we have to compensate for a player of his age no matter what.

almost certain that is not true

if a player does nto receive a written contract offer to continue at the club on better terms than his previous contract then that is seen as the club disposing with the player- it is the clubs call so they are not compensated

otherwise all the guys all clubs release after their first professional deal would never be able to get picked up by semi pro/lower league teams cos no one could ever afford the compensation-

dan gosling's move to Newcastle is the one that threw it all up

<a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Gosling#Contract_negotiations_and_exit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Goslin ... s_and_exit</a>

GDeep™

League is very weak
Great physical specimen, good footballing brain and a potential world beater -European journo just on the BBC.

Arai

Spam Hunter Bot
I guess that the deal was done earlier. Just waiting for official confirmation for now.

www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8781529/Transfer-news-Yaya-Sanogo-says-he-is-impressed-with-Arsenal

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Since we are just waiting for his contract to run out at Auxerre I'm guessing that we can't confirm it until it expires at the end of this month.

Since we aren't buying the contract and he isn't being released by his club I'd assume that we just have to wait.

leo_ense

Established Member
Club haven't announced this for obvious reasons, they know that a relatively big signing is needed first. Imagine if they rolled this guy out as our first signing with the fans already pissed off with the lack of first team investment, wouldn't really do the club any favours. Once we make our first signing Yaya will be announced in due time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom