Yaya Sanogo

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by taylor314gh, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haemogoblin2

haemogoblin2 New Member

dont think arsenal ever worried about 'pissing fans off' from underwhelming signings. we tend to announce deals when they are confirmed 100%

2. The_Playmaker

The_Playmaker Well-Known Member

We also tend to make publicity stunts such as the british core signing, a picture wasn't enough so we decided to make a video of it and add music to it . I remember when we signed Jeffers, Van Bronkhaust, Richard Wright and co. There was a massive photoshoot for them. If we sign 4 players in the window, I would expect them to all be unveiled together at the end.

3. rednwhitearmy

rednwhitearmy Resident Noob

some people don't deserve to use their logic...

4. evoh_1

evoh_1 New Member

lad was planning on being a postman last season, you couldn't make it up could you.

5. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

He's just scored for France U-20

[​IMG]

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Nice one Yaya. i mean this deal has been done for while why we not announce it? looks like we are waiting for the transfer window to open to announce the deals.

7. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

if he stays fit, it looks like he could be quite useful

8. The Escaped Ape

The Escaped Ape Active Member Trusted

I'm sure I saw someone (maybe in the Lobby) suggest that, because we're picking him up when his contract runs out (which is when the transfer window opens), not buying him, we can't make an announcement until then. Or, we can, but being Arsenal, we're being principled about not doing so while he's still contracted to a team.

9. Wouterus

Wouterus New Member

That's a nice theory, but when we signed Chamakh, the deal was announced in May even though he officially became an Arsenal player in July.

10. The Escaped Ape

The Escaped Ape Active Member Trusted

Maybe it's more to do with the fact he's not going to be a first team player (Dan Crowley hasn't been announced either, though I know Sanogo's much closer to the first team than Crowley)? Or we're waiting to announce a bunch of signings together?

11. MDGoonah41

MDGoonah41 New Member

hes also at the u20 tourny now, no need to distract him further

12. musicmonkey

musicmonkey Well-Known Member

I'd guess it's because his contract runs out on July 1st, think we'll announce it then.

13. Sydney Gooner

Sydney Gooner New Member

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2347278/Arsenal-target-Yaya-Sanogo-reveals-injury-forced-retire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... etire.html</a>

14. evoh_1

evoh_1 New Member

henry didn't start at auxerre its the youth club in paris they share. dailyfail

15. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Welcome Yaya

16. morpho

morpho #ArtetaOut = Permanent Ban

confirmed, so lock it up...

17. Taylor Gang Gunners

Taylor Gang Gunners Shame is a dish best served cold Trusted

Excited to see how he'll develop under Arsène. He has the raw physical AND technical abilities to be a beast for us for the next 12 years!

Btw, good to have you back AM. Missed my Gooners :(

18. jmsmtthw28

jmsmtthw28 Well-Known Member Trusted

Sanogo seems to be very two footed
    <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7TkvRdiSLM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7TkvRdiSLM</a>

19. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

Agreed - that surprised me. He definitely looks to be mostly right-footed but there were a few good finishes with his left as well.

Welcome, Yaya!

20. redwhiteAustrian

redwhiteAustrian Tu Felix Austria Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.