• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

haemogoblin2

leo_ense said:
Club haven't announced this for obvious reasons, they know that a relatively big signing is needed first. Imagine if they rolled this guy out as our first signing with the fans already pissed off with the lack of first team investment, wouldn't really do the club any favours. Once we make our first signing Yaya will be announced in due time.

dont think arsenal ever worried about 'pissing fans off' from underwhelming signings. we tend to announce deals when they are confirmed 100%

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
haemogoblin2 said:
leo_ense said:
Club haven't announced this for obvious reasons, they know that a relatively big signing is needed first. Imagine if they rolled this guy out as our first signing with the fans already pissed off with the lack of first team investment, wouldn't really do the club any favours. Once we make our first signing Yaya will be announced in due time.

dont think arsenal ever worried about 'pissing fans off' from underwhelming signings. we tend to announce deals when they are confirmed 100%

We also tend to make publicity stunts such as the british core signing, a picture wasn't enough so we decided to make a video of it and add music to it . I remember when we signed Jeffers, Van Bronkhaust, Richard Wright and co. There was a massive photoshoot for them. If we sign 4 players in the window, I would expect them to all be unveiled together at the end.

rednwhitearmy

Resident Noob
dave_rwr said:
jmsmtthw28 said:
If Sanogo wasn't offered a new deal by Auxere then why would we pay 450k compensation to Auxere

If Sanogo wasn't offered a new deal by a team that was playing in Ligue 2 last season, why are we offering him a deal period? I haven't seen him play at all, but isn't that kind of a red flag?

some people don't deserve to use their logic...

blaze_of_glory

He's just scored for France U-20

abhxk2.jpg

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Nice one Yaya. i mean this deal has been done for while why we not announce it? looks like we are waiting for the transfer window to open to announce the deals.

The Escaped Ape

yousif_arsenal said:
Nice one Yaya. i mean this deal has been done for while why we not announce it? looks like we are waiting for the transfer window to open to announce the deals.

I'm sure I saw someone (maybe in the Lobby) suggest that, because we're picking him up when his contract runs out (which is when the transfer window opens), not buying him, we can't make an announcement until then. Or, we can, but being Arsenal, we're being principled about not doing so while he's still contracted to a team.

Wouterus

That's a nice theory, but when we signed Chamakh, the deal was announced in May even though he officially became an Arsenal player in July.

The Escaped Ape

Maybe it's more to do with the fact he's not going to be a first team player (Dan Crowley hasn't been announced either, though I know Sanogo's much closer to the first team than Crowley)? Or we're waiting to announce a bunch of signings together?

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
As he nears a move to Arsenal, young French striker Yaya Sanogo has revealed that his career was almost ended three years ago due to a crippling injury.

The 20-year-old hotshot was first struck by a broken leg in September 2010 and then later hampered by knee trouble which put him on the brink of retirement while still a teenager.

But with a four-year deal in north London set to be signed in the coming weeks, Sanogo has been rightly rewarded for strength of mind and perseverance.

The powerfully built frontman, who started his career at the same club as Thierry Henry, Auxerre, told L'Equipe: 'At that time, I was all alone. You say to yourself: "But I can't even run". I said to myself it was finished. I had made a lot of sacrifices.

'I started playing football at six, arrived at Auxerre at 13, and overnight, I couldn't run any more. You turn in on yourself, and start to think about doing other jobs.

'One day I said to myself: "I'm going to push as hard as I can. If it goes, it goes".'

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2347278/Arsenal-target-Yaya-Sanogo-reveals-injury-forced-retire.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... etire.html</a>

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Excited to see how he'll develop under Arsène. He has the raw physical AND technical abilities to be a beast for us for the next 12 years!

Btw, good to have you back AM. Missed my Gooners :(

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Sanogo seems to be very two footed
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7TkvRdiSLM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7TkvRdiSLM</a>

Floating

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
Sanogo seems to be very two footed
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7TkvRdiSLM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7TkvRdiSLM</a>

Agreed - that surprised me. He definitely looks to be mostly right-footed but there were a few good finishes with his left as well.

Welcome, Yaya!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom