• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
Jamie Sanderson reporting that Wenger has travelled to France over the weekend to meet the player’s family and discuss terms. Apparently if the transfer goes through, we'll have to pay around £300,000 training compensation for his services. This one looks done and dusted.

Floating

Established Member
Cudareli said:
He's exactly what we need.

A young striker, with a high ceiling, that is prepared to spend time on the bench and get eased into first team action. Rather then giving time to the likes of Chamakah in the League Cup, we will be giving it to a player who will actually learn and develop from the minutes he gets on the field.

It's how we used to do it at the club and it's how we should be doing it now. When we had Henry, we signed a young RVP to come in and do develop. We also did something similar with Adebayor who although not quiet as young, came in as a player to develop rather then the finished product.

Considering I was hoping we could sign Niang (who has started to come into the picture now at Milan) last season, I am all for this. Provided that we address the other areas of concern in attack, this is definitely a signing that will tick one of the boxes on my wish list.

Completely agree mate. Well said.

evoh_1

Established Member
Cudareli said:
He's exactly what we need.

A young striker, with a high ceiling, that is prepared to spend time on the bench and get eased into first team action. Rather then giving time to the likes of Chamakah in the League Cup, we will be giving it to a player who will actually learn and develop from the minutes he gets on the field.

It's how we used to do it at the club and it's how we should be doing it now. When we had Henry, we signed a young RVP to come in and do develop. We also did something similar with Adebayor who although not quiet as young, came in as a player to develop rather then the finished product.

Considering I was hoping we could sign Niang (who has started to come into the picture now at Milan) last season, I am all for this. Provided that we address the other areas of concern in attack, this is definitely a signing that will tick one of the boxes on my wish list.

Your right no doubt and someone like chamakh shouldn't ever come to the club again as he was never going to improve on the very average level that he was and is at. yet who is going to be the Henry to Yaya? We also need to go out there and bring in Villa, Cavani, or another top end striker to play the number one role as otherwise your top lad is Giroud.

Olivier should be getting games off the bench and certain fixtures alongsitde this sanogo kid yet next season will probably be Yaya, Giroud and walcott, which just isn't good enough for us but thats how Arsène will roll.

More importantly though....

james-sanderson.jpg

can't let jamie be mentioned without bringing his hair out.

Glovegun

Established Member
Really, we need three central strikers.

Wenger might talk about Podolski and Walcott, but their best positions are wide left and wide right respectively. He knows it, we know it. Chamakh and Park are both non-entities.

Realistically, we're going to be playing 4-3-3 for the remainder of Wenger's time at the club. Its the only option with the players we have. I'd like to see us try a 4-4-2 every now and then but we don't have anyone who can operate out wide in a flat midfield four, other than Chamberlain. Playing Walcott and Podolski there negates their threat (you want them as high up the field as possible).

So if we've got one up front we need players capable of playing that role, and I don't think Theo can do that week in week out.

I'd like to see a pacy frontman brought in to compete with Giroud as well as a younger project like Sanogo. Afobe is very highly rated at Arsenal but injuries have taken their toll. Campbell is the one to watch and I don't know whether Wenger would bring in someone like Sanogo whilst he's on the books.

leo_ense

Established Member
Reuben Lewis ‏@rlewisafc 12m
L'Equipe say Yaya Sanogo has agreed a 4-year deal with Arsenal. (via @RBairner)
Retweeted by BD

leo_ense

Established Member
Yaya has got 9 goals and 1 assist in 11 league appearances this season.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/yaya-sanogo/leistungsdaten/spieler_127194.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/yaya- ... 27194.html</a>

el57

L'Equipe does indeed say that: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/L-auxerrois-sanogo-vers-arsenal/371605" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualit ... nal/371605</a>

Pretty sure he's on a free, and his wages will of course be very low so there's no risk in this really.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I know some gooners are kicking off about this. But I really don't mind us making these kind of signings if we are bringing in some established talent as well

Goon_si

Why would some gooners be kicking off? It's a free signing of a talented striker. We have nothing to lose, and we are short on talents up front. And i think that this signing won't change any plans Wenger has in the summer.

leo_ense

Established Member
el57 said:
He's 20. Now, I could actually see him having a Benteke-esque impact on the league, but in all likelihood he's one to ease into the league or loan out, but the potential talent is definitely there. And once again he's a talented kid who's bloody free. In a couple years if he's banging 15-20 goals, he'll look like the steal of the century.

The only thing with signing youngsters at Arsenal (recently) is how they affect our business elsewhere. Wenger has refused to sign players in the past because he persisted with his youngsters, even when desperate. If he fails to sign a world class striker because he now has 2 options in Giroud and Yaya then he deserves the criticism from the fans.

el57

He's 20. Now, I could actually see him having a Benteke-esque impact on the league, but in all likelihood he's one to ease into the league or loan out, but the potential talent is definitely there. And once again he's a talented kid who's bloody free. In a couple years if he's banging 15-20 goals, he'll look like the steal of the century.

el57

leo_ense said:
el57 said:

The only thing with signing youngsters at Arsenal (recently) is how they affect our business elsewhere. Wenger has refused to sign players in the past because he persisted with his youngsters, even when desperate. If he fails to sign a world class striker because he now has 2 options in Giroud and Yaya then he deserves the criticism from the fans.

Aye, but I don't think it's so much wanting to use youngsters so much as not wanting to use money. Older players cost more and demand much higher wages.

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Yaya Sanogo is our 3rd striker, talented and young plus he's free
Now we need to find out who will be the first choice ST

For people who haven't see him play think of Benteke but some who's quicker and technically better, Yaya is unlikely to get too much game time this season but should feature in cup games and odd PL games

King Malta

He's a good young centre forward, who from all reports is quite talented.

I have no issue with us picking up a 20 year old talented CF for nothing, especially when we don't really have a stand out young CF at the moment who is older than 17.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He is on free young striker and will not gonna cost alot of wages if he turn good so its great news if he not improve we will sell him lets hope he turn a good striker.

but that's worry me really:

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro
Yaya Sanogo is big, strong and talented, and at the age of 20, he's already had nearly as many injuries as Diaby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom