• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

viper_001

Established Member
His injury record is shocking. I really hope this isn't another Bischoff situation. We have the money to spend on big players now, and need immediate results that will strengthen our squad. Picking up injury-prone unknowns from lesser leagues should be a thing of the past.

Every penny that we would be spending on his wages should be going to getting the likes of Higuain.

Le Professeur

Established Member
Chillax folks, a freebie for the future, nothing to do with our actual transfer targets and strenghtening of the first team.

King Malta

Dokaka said:
coopsollini said:
9 games in 3 years and only 20 years old. On that basis a very low salary would have to be offered initially as it is a significant risk of buying another Diaby. I thought we already had a couple of good youth strikers and It does not solve the reliance on Giroud in the 1st team.

Who? Afobe was shocking for Bolton and Akpom has barely hit puberty.

Pretty much.

Afobe will be shipped on before long, and Akpom won't be anywhere near the first team for at least 3 years, it was actually essential that we went and picked up a developing young CF.

musicmonkey

Established Member
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvksuO3RfEE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvksuO3RfEE</a>

Not seen this posted yet so thought i'd share it.
Seems there's real intent on getting him and it's rare Wenger comes out and says we've negotiating like he has.

"we are advanced with him, but it is not done"

k24bfan

Lots of Red flags. I thought we were tired of injury prone players. AW must think his ceiling is very high for him to take such a risk. Yes its a free transfer but I bet he will be on decent wages because of Wenger's wage structure. He seems to have good attributes but we will see. Its still a must for us to sign another striker like Higuian.

musicmonkey

Established Member
k24bfan said:
Lots of Red flags. I thought we were tired of injury prone players. AW must think his ceiling is very high for him to take such a risk. Yes its a free transfer but I bet he will be on decent wages because of Wenger's wage structure. He seems to have good attributes but we will see. Its still a must for us to sign another striker like Higuian.
His wages won't be anything excessive. "Wenger's wage structure" is going out the door with the dross we hope to sell, Gazidis and co have come out and said we're restructuring and i doubt we'll break that.

His wage will depend on the interest and offers from other clubs, if we're the only decent club in for him then he won't be able to command much, probably around what Jenko arrived on.

gavboyle

Even if he is injury prone although some people might strongly deny it due to the niggling injuries lots of our players get, but, our club has one of the best medical facilities in the world and top physios etc.
If he is injury prone he will be in the best place to be managed and hopefully avoid injury.

VancouverCanuck

I don't see any downside to this. I am not too worried that he is still playing in Ligue 2. Didier Drogba started his career in Ligue 2 also, I believe. Whether he is going to be another Drogba or not, I'll let the scouts and Wenger be the judge. As long as we are still strengthening our squad with more proven, and less injury prone, players, Sonogo sounds like the type of player we should be all over.

Sydney Gooner

Established Member
I suspect he'll make less than £500,000 in the first two years of his contract. Which is what a player of his age and stature should be earning.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
Seems like an unnecessary gamble to me the kids only 20 and hes a walking crock our youth system is having a torrid time producing any decent forwards so we have to resort to this kind of bargin bin blemished diamond in the rough type signing depressing really ....

MDGoonah41

Established Member
* he costs very little
* he wont preclude us from signing an elite, ready to go forward
* if he doesnt work out, we won't lose much on this at all
* stop complaining

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Wrighty4eva said:
Seems like an unnecessary gamble to me the kids only 20 and hes a walking crock our youth system is having a torrid time producing any decent forwards so we have to resort to this kind of bargin bin blemished diamond in the rough type signing depressing really ....

It's all doom and gloom really isn't it. Shall we all just commit mass ****. Last one to die, turn the light off...

Proof

Established Member
The new Thierry Henry. Sanogo is low-risk, high-reward player who could become one of Europe's finest strikers.

k24bfan

Hoping it works out. Just skeptical. Really would like to see us have a good French ST upfront again.

Cruisio

Established Member
Beast on Football Manager and free. I wished we'd got Niang after being impressed with his performances for Milan so i'm happy with this signing

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Auxerre striker Yaya Sanogo rejected both Lyon and Lille in favour of Arsenal. Final terms of deal being discussed according to RMC.

Lets welcome our first signing Welcome Sanogo.

GG8

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8726377/Transfer-News-Yaya-Sanogo-ready-for-Arsenal-move" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... senal-move</a>

Seems done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom