• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

k24bfan

I read somewhere he is being called up to the sub-21(correction Sub-20 *thanks) so I will get to see what he is made of. Hoping I like what I see.

DontPushMe

Hope he turns out to be good. Free is obviously good, but if he turns out to be crap he'll be another Chamakh or Denilson taking up wage and roster places while we try year after year to sell him.

Looks good from what i've seen, probably a year or so away from contributing though.

leo_ense

Established Member
Read somewhere that we turned down an offer to loan him back to Auxerre next season. If that's true this kid is getting a fast track to the first team squad. Wonder if Arsenal will bother signing another striker now.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
leo_ense said:
Read somewhere that we turned down an offer to loan him back to Auxerre next season. If that's true this kid is getting a fast track to the first team squad. Wonder if Arsenal will bother signing another striker now.

You read wrong.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...o-stay-with-Arsenal-after-switch-from-Auxerre

After meeting with the Arsenal boss on Monday, Auxerre chairman Guy Cotret told a French radio station: "He will only loan him back to us if he considers the player is not ready to join his team after the preseason preparations.

"Otherwise he will not loan him."

Sanogo was free so I fully understand Wenger to jump on a chance like that, don't think it has anything to do with our plans regarding other areas where we need to strenghten. What I worry about is Wenger seeing Podolski/Theo/Giroud as his striking axis and is rather looking at other positions.

Dwangoon

Probably got him in the bag... and holding the announcement in hopes we have someone else to announce together?

Can be quite anti-climax if this is the first transfer of the mighty "70M war chest"...

Even if he's talented, he hasn't play at big stages and the injury prone fella could just join Diaby in an unlucky situation.

Fly Emirates sponsor Real Madrid now. Wonder if they are losing hope with Arsenal or something..

blaze_of_glory

Dwangoon said:
Probably got him in the bag... and holding the announcement in hopes we have someone else to announce together?

Can be quite anti-climax if this is the first transfer of the mighty "70M war chest"...

Even if he's talented, he hasn't play at big stages and the injury prone fella could just join Diaby in an unlucky situation.

Fly Emirates sponsor Real Madrid now. Wonder if they are losing hope with Arsenal or something..

They sponsor a few teams and have for a while. AC Milan for one, and some in Germany as well.

KY

Established Member
they've been sponsoring hamburg for a while. judging on the way hamburg play, I don't think performance is a key performance index for them...

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
I dont mind signing him, so long as he isnt the only forward coming in. If so, its unwhealming to say the least.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

We are waiting for pre season to determine if he is ready for first team apparently.

Could be a chance he is.

King Malta

leo_ense said:

He's 20, if we decide to keep him he doesn't even take up a registration spot. Don't see why Wenger wouldn't chase another striker.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/8749461/Transfer-News-Auxerre-disappointed-at-compensation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... mpensation</a>

:lol: How can you not love Arsenal in the transfer market?

eye4goal

Established Member
some worrying quotes from him via GFN France. It seems like he's had afew injuries

Yaya Sanogo: 'When I asked Auxerre if they would extend my contract, even with a wage cut when they said no, it really hurt.'

'I am disappointed to leave on a free, it hurts my heart. I will remember this moment forever.'

say yes

forum master baiter
eye4goal said:
some worrying quotes from him via GFN France. It seems like he's had afew injuries

Yaya Sanogo: 'When I asked Auxerre if they would extend my contract, even with a wage cut when they said no, it really hurt.'

'I am disappointed to leave on a free, it hurts my heart. I will remember this moment forever.'

:lol: :lol:

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
If Sanogo wasn't offered a new deal by Auxere then why would we pay 450k compensation to Auxere

eye4goal

Established Member
jmsmtthw28 said:
If Sanogo wasn't offered a new deal by Auxere then why would we pay 450k compensation to Auxere

Its a development fee you have to pay for players under 24, even if they're out of contract. In England it can be much higher, but its always £500k or thereabouts in Europe

jmsmtthw28

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
eye4goal said:
jmsmtthw28 said:

Its a development fee you have to pay for players under 24, even if they're out of contract. In England it can be much higher, but its always £500k or thereabouts in Europe
someone can correct me if I am wrong but you only have to pay compensation if the player was offered a new deal but rejected it
We are releasing 16 players this summer but will probably only get compensation for Meade and Brown

‏@LeFrenchGooner 26s
Sanogo : "For me it's was Lille or Arsenal. But then I met mister Wenger and it changed everything."

@LeFrenchGooner 43s
Sanogo : "Wenger came to see me in Paris. He told me he'll give my chance to play next season"

@LeFrenchGooner 58s
Sanogo : "The boss, mister Wenger, will decide if I have to go on loan. I don't mind, I only want to play"

pg1989

I'd say what most likely happened was Sanogo asked for a new contract but Auxerre weren't sure how he'd perform due to previous injuries and didnt feel he was a sound investment. Then he proceeded to recover and show great form, by the time they offered him a new contract he felt jilted at the lack of loyalty and due to our interest he made the common sense decision to leave in order to progress his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom