• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Touré

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlaw_member

Established Member
It seems like many would prefer Denilson over Toure, going by some of the comments in this thread. I'd take him without a moment of hesitation.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
Arsène Wenger is a fan of the Barcelona midfielder who is undoubtedly a talented player. However, he does not want to be compromised on his desire to keep Cesc Fabregas.
Wenger does not want to sell his talismanic captain and would prefer to handle the deal in a similar way to how Manchester United handled Real Madrid's initial robust proposal for Cristiano Ronaldo. He would like to add to Arsenal's squad this summer and give Fabregas the belief that his side can finally win a trophy.
Toure could play a significant role either in central defence or midfield but Arsenal believe his value is inflated. They would rather do a deal for Toure alone than include him in any Fabregas negotiations.

Manchester City, United and Chelsea are all interested in Toure but have been put off by the £30m valuation. City were criticised for walking away from talks but they simply don't want to be ripped off anymore.
www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1284965/THE-INSIDER-Arsenal-want-Yaya-Toure-Sp**s-waver-15m-Falcao-Phillipe-Senderos-Fulham.html#ixzz0qH3s459o

ricky1985

Established Member
outlaw_member said:
It seems like many would prefer Denilson over Touré, going by some of the comments in this thread. I'd take him without a moment of hesitation.
Strange isn't it.

If anyone harbours desires about returning to old school "Wengerball" (and most do), two powerful, holding midfielders - then surely Yaya Toure would be a fantastic step into that direction.

outlaw_member

Established Member
ricky1985 said:
outlaw_member said:
It seems like many would prefer Denilson over Touré, going by some of the comments in this thread. I'd take him without a moment of hesitation.
Strange isn't it.

If anyone harbours desires about returning to old school "Wengerball" (and most do), two powerful, holding midfielders - then surely Yaya Touré would be a fantastic step into that direction.

Yeah, I've been desperately hoping that we manage to sign either Melo or Toure this summer. I've always preffered the pyramid midfield setup but I've come around to the inverted alternative. The ideal of deploying two creative players in the midfield trio is one I'd absolutely love, but it not only requires top class first teamers, but also similarly talented backup players. The two deep lying midfield is an easier setup to manage and it can also reduce the amount of defensive work the front four have to undertake. In saying that, the front four has to be top class in order for it to work, because even for Brazil, Ramires, Kaka, Fabiano and Robinho tend to struggle at times.

Zico

Established Member
GoonerGurjit said:
I think they would need to offer £40m + Yaya for us to even consider it.

This! If they make that offer, we should take it and run. Then spend that money on two Serbians: Subotic and Krasic. We would probably have enough left over to bring in Frey.

You turn Fabregas into Toure, Frey, Subotic and Krasic. Now that's magic.

Kain

Established Member
He doesn't even want to play for Arsenal, he had the opportunity and turned it away, quite frankly he and the Barca reject agent possy can **** right off.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Zico said:
GoonerGurjit said:
I think they would need to offer £40m + Yaya for us to even consider it.

This! If they make that offer, we should take it and run. Then spend that money on two Serbians: Subotic and Krasic. We would probably have enough left over to bring in Frey.

You turn Fabregas into Touré, Frey, Subotic and Krasic. Now that's magic.
Krasic is going to Juve

i would take the rest though... throw Koscielny (which will most likely happen) and i would consider this a summer in the right direction

Zico

Established Member
Sad if Krasic is going to waste his career in Turin. Juventus represent old Europe along with Liverpool, Forest and Porto.

I don't know much about this Ksocielny guy which is why I have refrained from commenting on him. Is he a starter or a sub?

Captain

Established Member
Thing about Yaya is despite his talent, he has had five clubs in ten years and seems to be forever whoring himself around europe.

Zico

Established Member
Captain said:
Thing about Yaya is despite his talent, he has had five clubs in ten years and seems to be forever whoring himself around europe.

A lot of that could be down to the agent. If the agent does not have enough top tier clients, then he could try to exploit Yaya every single year.

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
Zico said:
I don't know much about this Ksocielny guy which is why I have refrained from commenting on him. Is he a starter or a sub?
dont know.. i think it depends on who else comes in.. if we sign Subotic and Koscielny, then Subotic would be the starter to me

however, he is under contract until 2014, so he wouldnt be cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom