• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Touré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner4life09

i say that AW should take him on a loan or a Trial for a few months so that they can see wheater he is as good as said, and if he is then quikly buy him and if he isn't atleast they didn't waste a few million quid on him.

Beverenfan

Gunner4life09 said:
i say that AW should take him on a loan or a Trial for a few months so that they can see wheater he is as good as said, and if he is then quikly buy him and if he isn't atleast they didn't waste a few million quid on him.
Too late! Shakhtar Donetsk bought him for 2.1 million euros!

Gunner4life09

Well that really sucks, especially with everyone here all saying he's such a good player and we should get him. what a waist of a chance. Maybe AW might get him when he's more mature.

zerofeel

forget it....Wenger has better options and will only sign him when hes about to be a free agent in 2 years time... :shock:

Gunner4life09

He has proven himself enough in Belgium!

no offence to the Belguim leauge but i'm sure its no where near as good as the Premiership. he might beable 2 play in the Belguim Leauge but might not beable 2 play in higher leauges such as the PL.

JazzG

Established Member
We can't say for sure he will join us but it seems likely he will. He would need international caps for the Ivory Coast if he couldn't get himself an EU passport, this summer he will be able to get one as he has worked here for over 3 years. Then him joining us will not be a problem.

JazzG

Established Member
Might be some complications in the deal, we would of had to loan him back to Beveren but pay them upfront for the player. No worries he will end up here if Wenger thinks he is good enough.

Gunner Ossie

Why are we having a poll on a player that actually plays for someone else.

The fact is that wenger had him on trail and did not take up the option to buy, therefore beveren have sold him to someone else.

Lets just forget about yaya unitil arsenal anounce that they have bought him. The way people talk about yaya you'de think he was actually an arsenal player already.

Let just get over it and move on.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
Arsenal should buy him. I would absolutely die if we dont pick him up, and he ends up somewhere else and absolutely dominates. That would be something i can not live with. You have to take risks ocassionaly, and it looks as if Toure is not much of a risk. The sooner he comes in the better, but if paper work is what is holding the transfer from happening, what can we do but wait?

JazzG

Established Member
Gunner Ossie said:
The fact is that wenger had him on trail and did not take up the option to buy, therefore beveren have sold him to someone else.

No we did want him, his work permit was just causing problems for us. Even Beveren said this.

Gunner Ossie

JazzG

If we wanted him that bad we would have bought him and loaned him to another club for a year or two. As far as ime aware, if a player is that good and that cheap, a club like arsenal would buy him and then worry about the permit thing after. There are many ways to get around permits, are there?

Look at jermaine pennant , years ago we payed 2 mil for him and still have not used him yet, so I dont see why we would not do the same with yaya.

JazzG

Established Member
Gunner Ossie said:
JazzG

If we wanted him that bad we would have bought him and loaned him to another club for a year or two. As far as ime aware, if a player is that good and that cheap, a club like arsenal would buy him and then worry about the permit thing after. There are many ways to get around permits, are there?

Look at jermaine pennant , years ago we payed 2 mil for him and still have not used him yet, so I dont see why we would not do the same with yaya.

Beveren said that we did want him but we wanted to be able to get his work permit sorted out first. This is why we gooners are confused surely he could of been bought and loaned out. However I've read we can't do that :?

Anders Limpar

If we wanted him that bad, and he would get an EU-passport in the summer, we would have bought him and loaned him right back. But we didn't and Beveren sold their best player for a cheap price to a ukrainian team. That wouldn't be the case if Arsenal even told Beveren to keep him for another fortnight and then get som real money...

...he wasn't good enough at this time, that's it, end of discussion! Good luck to him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom