• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Touré

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Mini

Anders Limpar said:
...he wasn't good enough at this time, that's it, end of discussion! Good luck to him...

I'll have a civilised conversation with you until you explain that grammer.

Aussie

Established Member
JazzG said:
Gunner Ossie said:
JazzG

If we wanted him that bad we would have bought him and loaned him to another club for a year or two. As far as ime aware, if a player is that good and that cheap, a club like arsenal would buy him and then worry about the permit thing after. There are many ways to get around permits, are there?

Look at jermaine pennant , years ago we payed 2 mil for him and still have not used him yet, so I dont see why we would not do the same with yaya.

Beveren said that we did want him but we wanted to be able to get his work permit sorted out first. This is why we gooners are confused surely he could of been bought and loaned out. However I've read we can't do that :?

I am quite sure we couldnt have done that. Hopefully he will end up at the gunners soem time down the track.

goonerlove

Did you notice one of those pictures was a guy named Ne Arsène?

Maybe we should get 2 guys off of that team :wink:

Goonerlove

Matt

Yaya Touré close to Arsenal deal ?

Yaya Touré, the brother of Kolo, is close to a deal with Arsenal, following his club Metallurg Donetsk his website, the rumours could finally be ended and Yaya will sign for Arsenal.
The only problem is a work permit. That's why he probably will stay in Oukraine for the rest of the season, to join Arsenal next season.

I'm very pleased with this news. Kolo has always said that Yaya is a better version of himself. In his time at Beveren he outplayed all the other players.

The interview with him, where the deal is suggested, can be found here:
http://www.metallurg.donetsk.ua/news/200412/20041221114336.html

In English: (sorry for the poor quality of the translation, but I've just put it in a online-translator)

Yaya Touré: "If I was European, I would already play at Arsenal

As in all football players, in the half-back of Donets "metallurgist" Yaya Touré two basic themes for the contact of -; the family also of quarry. With the first it is understandable: during the leave Yaya remained in Donetske only because its wife any minute now must bear. Moreover first-born! And Yaya greatly survives so that everything would pass successfully. But here when the discussion turns to the quarry, on to rumor only one club of - London "arsenal".

- Main for me problem in the "arsenal" of - this is the absence of the necessary quantity of matches for the national command of my country. In order to obtain English working visa, I should it was necessary play for composite 65% of games. But so - on the play conditions of - I completely arranged Wenger. In any case, in me was formed precisely this opinion.

- In the English press your appearance in the London club was discussed almost as the achieved fact...- Really? 4 did not assume all this for the clean truth, indeed to pass selection into the "arsenal" of - this task is supercomplicated. Although, you be 4 Europeans perhaps already it would play in Wenger.

- This surname you repeat as if incantation. What, did produce impression to ms'e the trainer?- Very pleasant in the contact of people. It knows how to talk with the players. It can find its approach to each of them. This is very important for the young. For any young football player to play in this great club and under the beginning of this trainer of - this is very great honor! Personally For Me The "arsenal" of - this is dream.

- For your elder brother kolo, who plays exactly in the "arsenal", it has already been carried out - maybe, it you will help?
- 4 to itself must soak. To leave to such level that serious European clubs would actually interest themselves by me. Everything in my hands, and main thing, that i have the enormous desire to play in one of them.

-But with the Kolo you do maintain relations?
- Is certain, sozvanivayemsya very frequently. If this possibility falls out, I arrive in it in guests to England. Now leave, and if not the generation of child, we with the wife have long ago been in it.

-You do await boy or girl?
Malshyka (in Russian). boy

-O, does mean concerning the study of the Russian language the matter it is adjusted? Barely already I mention, but thus far I do not attempt to speak.

- As you generally proved to be in the Ukraine - indeed judging by everything, it had to play if not in England, then like in Italy?- The main thing for me was - to be fastened in one of the European commands. But already then to pretend to something larger - one of the great clubs. In this plan to me approached the "metallurgist".

-As a rule, African players cautiously relate to the Ukraine, to say nothing of unknown Donetske.
-It can be, so it was in the past. In the football peace the Ukraine on to the rumor: Kiev "dynamo" constantly comes out in the League of Champions, Shevchenko's surname is known in entire peace. In this plan i exactly not had any problems. All the more, in the "metallurgist" to me they promised stable play practice. For the beginning football player this has fundamental importance.

- Nevertheless, stable place at the "basis" you did not obtain...
-At first I generally proved to be in the tanbark of Ry2; this a little shocked me! That me still astonished here, so this increased attention to the physical training. And still - in the field there is much scurry. All 90 minutes! In Europe and, in particular, in the championship of Belgium, where I came out they play a little otherwise and at first to me it was difficult to be adapted to this manner of game.

- It is strange, and here is your partner upon command of - Andres Mendoza Ry2; asserted the reverse: in comparison with the Ukrainian, Belgian football much more greatly falls under for determination beat- run!- Each has its own opinion. Mendoza perhaps played in the manner that he said, but personally 4 otherwise. The bright football, which brings happiness and to football players and to spectators, commands me.

- Bse after all, where it is more than happiness of - here or there?- They there play more tekhnichno, here even to discuss something! On what beautiful football in the local championship it is possible to speak, if almost all commands are locked in the defense in their gates?! I do not understand and do not love 4 similar.

-This does somehow influence your relation to the game?
-When I play after "metallurgist", then often I do not obtain from the football of that pleasure, which privyk to obtain.

- This connected precisely with the fact that here many commands do play from the defense?
- Yes, but not only with this. For long it sat on the bench of spare, was then disqualified - all this should have been subdued. But 4 I do not want so that the trainer me would doubt, yes even 4 itself I do not want himself to doubt. I have all possibilities in order to begin to play in the "metallurgist" in the manner that they want from me. Thrust to the beautiful football in me from the childhood. When I still was small, we with the friends walked to the stadium in order to look to the bright players, who can make in the field something special.

- By the way, it is how much in your family of children?
- Nine. Two girls even seven boys.

-Two made a career of professional football players. On the approach five more?

- Everyone can be three my brothers already they play, but thus far in Africa. One of them soon can move to France.

-How you do consider, to you or someone of your junior brothers will be succeeded in repeating reaching by the Coles and it will be fastened in any great club? Let us say, in "Manchester"?
-Let us try. But thus far Kolo must be for us an example, indeed he plays in the "arsenal".

- Yes is agreeable, to you- "arsenal", "arsenal". Here, your compatriot Of drogba plays in "Chelsea". There, you do think, it is worse?
-No, there is no "Chelsea", Abramovich is still such other than Ry2; this, of course, it is very tempting, but to me is nearer "arsenal".

- You will not reconvince you. Maybe, and son you will name Arsenom?- This too. Let us select any simple name, which it is accepted by the native land.

- But which does mean the name Of yaya?-On our local adverb this indicates "the one who much prays".
ture-01.jpg

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
How has he done in his time at Metallurg? I know he was highly rated at Beveren, but I'm interested to know how he's adapted to his new environment.

As for the deal, I only think we'll get Yaya if Edu leaves. Even then, our priority should be a quality defender and goalkeeper.

Loylz

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
That's great news. Thanks for that MATT. Hopefully now we can see what kind of a player he is and how good he really is if he joins us. I can't say I've seen a lot of him so I am still unsure about his capabilities. But good news nonetheless.

Mark

Established Member
Good signing, but why are we going for a midfielder when a defender or goalkeeper is really the priority?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom