• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Touré

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal316

I don't think goalkeeping is a priority of Wenger. Midfielder if Edu leaves, most definitely a priority. Defender, probably already addressed with Eboue arriving.

JazzG

Established Member
Well this supposed Yaya deal seems to have come out of the blue! Lets hope if he does join he is as good as we are led to believe ;)

Ste M

JazzG said:
Well this supposed Yaya deal seems to have come out of the blue! Lets hope if he does join he is as good as we are led to believe ;)

I was just going to ask how good is he supposed to be? If he's half as good as Kolo, then you will have a fine young player on your hands.

Rocafella

Established Member
Kolo has said himself Yaya is better then him but I don't know if this was just an attempt for Arsenal to look at him or if he was tellin the truth lol.

hesham

Established Member
i hope hes a out an out DM cuase thats wat were gona need for the future with cese playing in a more advanced role

Soler

Established Member
Kolo's said Yaya has more natural talent than he ever had, but he's never had the desire and determination that Kolo's got. I remember reading Kolo saying Yaya just plays for fun and doesn't really see football as a 'career', but hopefully that can be changed if he comes to Arsenal.

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Well in Africa 95% of footballer look at football as fun. They adjust when they come to Europe. Only problem is you hope they came this way when they are still young because that african thinking of footbal as "fun" doesn't rub off that fast i.e the kanu. Actually at home we usually make fun of the Kolo Toures who are very rare in each team.

Taozhe

If the move is succesful, move over Neville Brothers!

Any info on his stats in Metallurg Donetsk?

siddharth

It's funny to see people go ga-ga over yaya toure who's not even played in a few competetive matches let alone a relative competetive league. :lol: Besides we are still to read reports about him making waves at Donetsk.

I'd say no need to buy Yaya Toure just move Kolo Toure at DM and get a quality CB. And also i'd really love if wenger would give chance to our young players before going for these kind of players who are as good as our youth.

theguvnor made a point about buying outright which is debatable but i personally feel he's a bit pissed about these players coming in the team and our english players not getting chances and rightly so.

GoonerGurjit

Established Member
We have enough midfielders even if Edu departs, so we don't really need any big name replacements. Having said that Javier Mascherano would have been a terrific signing. Who knows what Wenger's got planned.

Gurgen

Established Member
Rocafella said:
Kolo has said himself Yaya is better then him but I don't know if this was just an attempt for Arsenal to look at him or if he was tellin the truth lol.

Bonaventure Kalou, a former Feyenoord player, said his brother Salomon was better, when he left for Auxerre. Well if you follow the Dutch league and UEFA Cup you'll see that he in fact is better, he's amazing. I don't think brothers lie about this stuff :)

lewdikris

Established Member
No surprise to see that Yaya's still on the table. The Ukraine thing was obviously only a delay tactic to get him his work permit. Wenger's been following the kid since he was 14 - and has spoken before about how he will one day be an Arsenal player.

Maybe not til the summer but this one will happen...

lewdikris

Established Member
Er, maybe.

It seemed logical at the time, very logical - whereas there is plenty of documentary evidence to say that Yaya will sign for Arsenal, even though it's not a 'necessary' purchase as Thuram would have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom