• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Toure and david beckham

johe

If you want a player who is more attacking like Maniche, I'd much rather go for Ballack, Pirlo, Van Bommel etc. But those players would be hard to get, so I'd rather we contiuned with our present style, and buy someone like Xabi, Costinha, Appiah.

gunner01

johe said:
If you want a player who is more attacking like Maniche, I'd much rather go for Ballack, Pirlo, Van Bommel etc. But those players would be hard to get, so I'd rather we contiuned with our present style, and buy someone like Xabi, Costinha, Appiah.

I think Wenger has already signed a possible replacement for Viera...Flamini!

I think he and Edu would make a really good centre midfield pairing.
Then there is Cesc and Gilberto.

There's no doubt that Viera leaving will be a huge loss but i think it will give the current fringe midfielders their chance to shine.

koivu

David Beckham? You've got to be kidding. Let's get Figo while we're at it...both brutal.

AlexH

I'd have Beckham just for the shirt sales. Every muppet across the Far East seems to queuing up for his shirt...apparently his shirt outsold all the other 'galacticos' together over 12 to 1 when he moved to the Spanish ****.

A

Anonymous

yaskl said:
and we dont know that Wenger hasnt got a replacement already, i am sure he knew there was a chance Vieira would leave and i firmly beleive there is someone out there nobody has heard of besides Wenger ofcourse who will be the new Vieira.

Flamini anyone? ;)

A

Anonymous

calvinngai88 said:
Vieira putting his house for sale doesn't really mean he's leaving.

still dreaming that he would stay

the frog has engineered this move from the start. let him go and lets show what team is the best

i like costinha

A

Anonymous

i asked this question before, but can someone please clarify this.

if yaya toure is so good then why hasn't he been snapped up by other teams.

if he has not enough international caps to play in the EPL, then why hasn't a lower level spanish or itailan team snapped him up since the rules are different there.

Is he taht good, and good enough to replace Vieria?

johe

shark said:
i asked this question before, but can someone please clarify this.

if yaya toure is so good then why hasn't he been snapped up by other teams.

if he has not enough international caps to play in the EPL, then why hasn't a lower level spanish or itailan team snapped him up since the rules are different there.

Is he taht good, and good enough to replace Vieria?

Udinese and Perugia were interested if I remember correctly, but he went to Metalurg Donetsk. Don't ask me why, maybe Wenger told him to go there so that he could buy him cheaper next time.

He's just not very well known, but reports from coming from Belgium last year said he was propably the best player in the league, and propably better than, say, Scott Parker or something.

hesham

Established Member
Yaya and Suan Wright Phillips ( i seriously hope we sign the guy cause he's gona be awsome and this season hell prove it).. not to mesion hes probably a gooner :)

Eastrek

calvinngai88 said:
Vieira putting his house for sale doesn't really mean he's leaving.

Exactly. My house is up for sale, dont mean I'm signing for Real Madrid, he might just be moving house.. Not reading to much into this, but surely millionaire premiership footballers wouldnt need to worry about putting their house up for sale until they sealed the transfer and everything. Transfers can full through at anytime.

The next 24hours will be crucial

WHAFC

Viera has gone and good luck to him. He wanted to go and £23milllion is too good an offer to turn down. Wenger will find a replacement and I am confident that we will go on to win the EPL and CL next season. Sol will be the new captain and this time next year we will all be saying Viera who? :lol:

Marek

Yaya went to Metallurg because they were willing to pay 2 milj. euro immediately.

Arsenal was interested, but you guys's cash flow was very poor at that time, and Wenger dit not find it wise to buy a player who could not be included in the squad straight away. Yaya could not get a work permit yet. (I thinl he can get one now)

If Arsenal had bid 2 milj, Beveren who have had to accept Arsenal's bid over Metallurgs bid, and Yaya would have been a Gunner!

Based on the contract between Beveren and Arsenal, the Gunners have a "first bid" on each player that Beveren puts on the market.

Personally, I think they should have made the investment. Yaya is at the moment obviously not as good as Vieira, but he's a tremendously talented player.

I don't think that Arsena will make that mistake again when it comes to both Eboué and/or Né.

I would love to se them play for Arsenal one day (maybe even next year), but please loan us some talented defender(s) and striker(s) F*****cking Skilason and Quincy :lol:

geert

Ahhh, Marekske ook uwe weg ier gevonde :lol: :wink:

Anyway, Yaya Touré > Flamencini dude or whatever (I 'think' I saw him play today)

I also hope that some good players join us @ Beveren

Top Bottom