• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yaya Toure: Arsenal's Next Superstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

JazzG

Established Member
Nice article, I spot a few spelling mistakes though :p

The interesting part is that it would be a problem getting a work permit due to him not playing in the national team. Is there no way to work around this? I hear in other european countries the rules are a lot less strict so they could get him.

It sounds like he is quality but other teams are starting to find out about him. We must act quickly to get him....

Mark

Established Member
i really like the sound of this guy. if we sign him now but loan him back to beveren for the rest of the season he'll be able to play for us next season won't he? didn't we do the same with senderos last year?

Adam

Established Member
He really needs that 3 years in a European league so that we can get him a work permit. As is mentioned - we could sign him in January (or sort some sort of agreement before another club poaches him) and then loan him back to Beveren till the end of the season, when he would be eligible play in the Prem.

Lol - find me one spelling mistake. :wink: He done his best with the English. Lewd help smooth it out aswell.

lewdikris

Established Member
Actually, i edited the thing, and just noticed a few grammatical errors myself. Oops. Well, it gives a bit of local flavour to it.

GoonerLuke

Good lord, the thought of losing Yaya to a club like Bayern makes me sick. But thank goodness for Arsène, because I'm absolutely positive that he will not overlook Yaya if he is THAT good. And of course, with his trial period this summer and his brother Kolo here, we have to be front runners to sign him. I wouldn't be surprised if the deal is already done and Arsenal are just waiting for him to get his work permit this summer. When I first heard he had signed on at Beveren, I heard it was only for 3 years so he could get a work permit and join Kolo at Arsenal. I'm sure he's coming soon. He has to be. We cannot lose out on a player like this who very clearly we have the inside track on.

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Luke - we won't 'lose' him to Beveren because of our agreement with them and Wengers friendship with their owner. He's ours when he's ready, and that could be very very soon in my opinion.

That was a great article - in fact so good it introduced me to this whole website and forum system via the link at Arsenal-World, and I am still here an hour later.

Does anyone have the faintest idea how our agreement with Beveren really works? I can't believe that we would send them all these players unless we know very well we are getting them back. My gut feeling is that the agreement is strong - in fact probably stronger than the club is allowed to say in public - and that we will be fine in getting him to Highbury. Kolo clearly loves the place, and I am sure he will make every effort to follow the success of big brother, even if he has to wait 6 months to get the contract he seems to deserve

Exiled In Newcastle

Established Member
Matt - good to have you. One of Wengers oldest and closest friends in football went to Africa to run accademies a few years ago. He worked in various countries (but mainly The Ivory Coast) running accademies and basically bought Beveren because Belgium laws make it the easiest to bring African youngsters into Europe. So Wenger arranges a deal with his mate where we lend them players that need a different experience and they are (with all due respect) a feeder club to us.

Adam

Established Member
Matt of the North Bank said:
That was a great article - in fact so good it introduced me to this whole website and forum system via the link at Arsenal-World, and I am still here an hour later.

Does anyone have the faintest idea how our agreement with Beveren really works? I can't believe that we would send them all these players unless we know very well we are getting them back. My gut feeling is that the agreement is strong - in fact probably stronger than the club is allowed to say in public - and that we will be fine in getting him to Highbury. Kolo clearly loves the place, and I am sure he will make every effort to follow the success of big brother, even if he has to wait 6 months to get the contract he seems to deserve

That's great to hear Matt. Hope you stay because this is the best forum on the net!

Some Beveren fan's say that we have to meet other clubs prices for Yaya if we do want him. I think we can flex a few muscles and get him if we so desire. We can benefit them highly on the long term with the players we give them. Anyone fancy offering Stepanovs for Yaya?!

I have had the pleasure of seeing Yaya in action and i have been very impressed. Dribbles like Henry and tackles like Vieira. Excellent. Without sounding too profound - i believe he is a bit of a hybrid of the two from what i have seen!

GoonerLuke

Adam said:
I have had the pleasure of seeing Yaya in action and i have been very impressed. Dribbles like Henry and tackles like Vieira. Excellent. Without sounding too profound - i believe he is a bit of a hybrid of the two from what i have seen!

Don't tease me like that. :bounce

Andrew

Great Article. It's about time Arsenal-Mania got on newsnow. Look at all the articles on their, all regurgitated same old. Then there's one totally unique article about Yaya which was nice to see.

Jinn

Established Member
Great article Adam.

btw, I fixed up the pic to have the same frame as the rest of the A-M pics.

Hope you don't mind! :wink:

SydneyGunnerFan

i would like to see him play for arsenal have heard from a few people that he can play nearly every position on the park so i think wegner we should get him and see what a great player he will be for arsenal

Ridge

so you mean we have to sign him and loan him back to his belgium club for half year. then he can play in the epl?

how bout the youth players? they just enter our youth team and can promote whenever the boss wants? so the youth players dont need to have that 75% of 15 senior games crap?

:?: :?:

lewdikris

Established Member
Belgium has odd work permit laws, basically.

Toure could not and could not have played for Arsenal at youth level - to play for a youth team your parents have to own a house within three miles (ish) of the Stadium. This is how we got Cesc - when his dad (*cough* David Dein *cough*) bought a place down the road from Highbury, making him eligible. Otherwise you have to have already played 3 years in European competition, or be a regular full international for your country. Yaya is neither of these.

Because Belgium has different laws (Why, i dunno, they're sposed to be regulated by the EU, but football ignores the law) they have a massive amount of young african players there, particularly at Beveren.

It's quite likely Yaya will be with Beveren til next year but sign a pre-contract with us in January - he can't leave Belgian football for anywhere else in Europe otherwise.

lewdikris said:
Belgium has odd work permit laws, basically.

Toure could not and could not have played for Arsenal at youth level - to play for a youth team your parents have to own a house within three miles (ish) of the Stadium. This is how we got Cesc - when his dad (*cough* David Dein *cough*) bought a place down the road from Highbury, making him eligible. Otherwise you have to have already played 3 years in European competition, or be a regular full international for your country. Yaya is neither of these.

Because Belgium has different laws (Why, i dunno, they're sposed to be regulated by the EU, but football ignores the law) they have a massive amount of young african players there, particularly at Beveren.

You are right about Belgium's work permit laws, which I do not understand either. I don't think you're right about Fabregas though. I think that the rule for associated schoolboys - ie under 16s - is that you have to live within a certain distance of Highbury; I think it is 100 minutes drive for some reason. Once you are 16 and able to be there full time, like Fabregas is, then because he is a citizen of the EU he has the right to work anywhere in the EU, like I have the right to go and work in Spain. He was at Barca until he was 16 remember.

lewdikris

Established Member
You're probably right.

There was something funny about the housing situation though - that was the story as I remember it, but i could be wrong. Double D sure ain't gonna tell us!

JazzG

Established Member
Under 16 players have to live within 90mins drive from the stadium

Cesc's father 'supposedly' had a home within 90mins of the stadium and I believe Cesc + Senderos live there together.

Thats what I've heard and am pretty sure that info is correct.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom