• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Year of the Ox

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I thought he was sensational yesterday. Basically, this thread is because I wanted a place to talk and read more views about Oxlade-Chamberlain without having to delve in to the dark dingy corners of A-M otherwise known as The Lobby.

I thought he was near flawless vs Man U; increased defensive work-rate and intensity, fantastic control, tidy in possession and passing (including some nice long switch balls), creative, but most of all he was dangerous and a nightmare for whoever he was up against.

In short, I'm interested in peoples views concerning where you think he is best right now (right or left wing?), what position you think he'll excel and enjoy the majority of his career in (out and out forward? Winger? AM? CM?) and how far up the footballing echelon can he reach? England and Arsenal saviour? Future EPL player of the season? wpoty nominations? Boy I can get ahead of myself can't I :)

I'm sure there will be a full compilation of yesterday's performance soon but not that I have found as yet, so here are a few short vids:

short compilation
link up with Ramsey
Owning Evra
Low shot, just misses
Assist
Subbed off, crowd reaction

P.S. I'm not the most creative so I'm open to suggestions for a new thread title and would be happy to change it.

Glovegun

Established Member
Re: How Strong Can The Ox Be?

I think his performance was obviously the major plus of yesterday's game. Although I think Koscielny runs him a very close second.

He reminds me of Nani. Not in build, but the way that he's clearly very comfortable on either flank and has the capacity to take someone on round the outside and whip a cross in, or cut inside and shoot. I don't think I've ever seen one of his crosses hit the first man, he's got a wonderful ability to just dink a ball into the box no matter how tight a full-back gets to him. I didn't really realise until yesterday just how quick he is, and how strong. Really had the beating of both Evra and Rafael.

Don't want to go overboard on him but there's only three young players I've seen come through in this country like him. Rooney, Jack and Phil Jones. They just don't look remotely phased by any occasion. Way ahead of their years in terms of maturity.

Just how quickly he develops could be key to helping to persuade Robin to stay, because we currently lack another attacking player on Robin's wavelength (not really classing Jack as an attacking player).

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Thankfully he's not an utter **** like Nani though.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible

I've no idea where he'll end up to be honest, from what I've seen of him he has the tools to pretty much succeed in any position he wants. I always thought he was more suited to a role on the outside but he looks equally comfortable in the middle. For now, he should play as close to goal as possible as he's definitely one of our most unpredictable, creative players. Also, I like how well he linked up with some of our more senior players, especially Robin and Rosicky seemed to enjoy playing with him. Amazing ability and intelligence for a player his age.

regele

Established Member

BREAKING NEWS!

Even though Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said that Oxlade Chamberlain was 'sick in the week' and 'had started to fatigue' here is a shocking photograph taken by one of the Arsenal fans minutes after Oxlade had been substituted, shown exclusively by Sky Sports.

Ku8bS.jpg

When faced with this evidence, Arsène Wenger said that after the game last night had ended, he made 50.000 more substitutions, thus taking him to a grand total of 100.000 substitutions; but still did not feel the need to explain this particular one.

ArsenalDNA

Can't believe Wenger was trying to smooth things over by saying he should be congratulated for starting him in the first place. If anything he should be slammed at how long it's taken him to play AOC.

Everyone knew he was ready. Everyone could see that he was ready. If that's what he was doing against the second best team in the comp what would he have done against Wolves, Fulham or Swansea?

He doesn't seem to have any obvious weaknesses to his game. Even defensively he was harassing Evra and Nani quite a bit.

I can't wait to see more of him. Especially with Wilshere and Arteta back in the team.

Spork

Established Member

Some people say that Chuck Norris and the Stig made love, gave birth, and were extremely disappointed to find out that their love child is no where near as awesome as Chambo.

Might as well write off every player trophy for the next thirty years, because Alex is going to win them all.

In all seriousness though, he does look promising but I would prefer that Wenger took too long to bring him into the team rather than rushing him in and possibly messing up his future.

ferrarif50hunt

Established Member

Would it be absurd to suggest that he reminds a little bit of Hulk from Porto?

Stocky lad, good strength, very quick, direct, skillful, thunderbolt of a shot etc...

There's certainly some comparisons imo.

goonerwarsh

Established Member

I stand by my statement in that he is better than Walcott, Gervinho and Arshavin.

He's just a better player. He can pass, shoot and take players on and he's quick and strong. He has all the natural attributes to be a great player in the premiership. The other three I mentioned or all average players capable of good moments but will only produce those intermittently. Arshavin used to be grade A but unfortunately for us that was about two years ago.

I hope he continues to work hard, keeps his feet on the ground and gradually cements his place in the team.

His first touch to control the ball from Rosicky's pass that led to the goal yesterday was sublime.

ArsenalDNA

goonerwarsh said:
I stand by my statement in that he is better than Walcott, Gervinho and Arshavin.

He's just a better player. He can pass, shoot and take players on and he's quick and strong. He has all the natural attributes to be a great player in the premiership. The other three I mentioned or all average players capable of good moments but will only produce those intermittently. Arshavin used to be grade A but unfortunately for us that was about two years ago.

I hope he continues to work hard, keeps his feet on the ground and gradually cements his place in the team.

His first touch to control the ball from Rosicky's pass that led to the goal yesterday was sublime.

Easily i'd say.

He has Walcott's pace, Gervinho's dribbling and Arshavin's creativity.

He should really have finished with two assists after that ball he gave to Ramsey inside the box.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Bit mixed about this thread , I thought he was a awesome talent after 4 touches at Man United . I knew he was special when he made Zabaleta look ordinary . How many others have done that this season ?

At the same time don't want to jinx him by putting him on a pedestal so its the last time I post on this thread .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

goonerwarsh said:

He was , he really was .

outlaw_member

Established Member

Phenomenal talent, but people need to be wary. We should have learned from Wilshere and Fabregas's respective introductions into the first team fold. Take it easy!

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

well if he love the club like wilshere and frimpong he will not gonna leave.

his skills are amazing his pace too but i hope the media not overrate him, Lolcott when he come at arsenal he was the same as Ox but then he start losing his skills. i hope from Ox foucs at his football and keep working and not hear the media.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer

He reminds me a bit of Hulk from Porto, but with the ability to use both legs.

Brilliant player in the making, no doubt. His pass to RVP yesterday made me think that he'd be a great SS.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

outlaw_member said:
Phenomenal talent, but people need to be wary. We should have learned from Wilshere and Fabregas's respective introductions into the first team fold. Take it easy!

I'm in this camp and I know its not a popular opinion but I feel so is Wenger . So far to go . Kid gloves and all that .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Dokaka said:
He reminds me a bit of Hulk from Porto, but with the ability to use both legs.

Brilliant player in the making, no doubt. His pass to RVP yesterday made me think that he'd be a great SS.

Thats what I think as well being a great SS . Theres another kid coming through thats also really talented in imo . Wellington a bit lost at the moment but worth being patient with .

Glovegun

Established Member

If he's good enough he's old enough, same as Cesc and Jack. He's definitely in that bracket in terms of his attitude and mentality. We've had plenty of talented kids at the club in the past but none bar the two I've just mentioned look as confident and assured as this kid.

Quite simply we lack top quality going forward, and he's the best we have bar Robin. I wish we didn't have to start him regularly to make fourth spot, but I think we're going to have to.

halfvolley

He's just awesome to watch. His performance actually went a long way to lift my mood yesterday as I was mulling over the game.

His pace is fantastic.
It was awesome seeing him pelting after that ball and nearly beating Rafael to it.

His strenght is fantastic.
I specifically remember him getting the ball at one point and holding off two United players with his arms while protecting the ball and then producing a nice pass at the end of it.

His skills are fantastic.
I loved how he mugged Evra off on the right flank down by the touchline and broke into the box. Almost resulted in a goal.

His passing is fantastic.
The way he set RVP up for the goal was absolute class.

His workrate is fantastic.
Really put a shift in which is more than you can say of most of our players yesterday.

He looks the real deal - there is no doubt about it. Hopefully we get to see him starting for Walcott this spring. Chambo on one wing and Gervinho on the other with RVP in the middle should produce a healthy amount of goals.

Top Bottom