• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Year of the Ox

Airknight

Established Member
Oxlade-Chamberlain vs Blackburn

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdwmNRZebgQ&feature=g-u-u&context=G2133aa2FUAAAAAAAAAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdwmNRZe ... AAAAAAAAAA</a>

ebouenolike

Established Member
Airknight said:
Oxlade-Chamberlain vs Blackburn

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdwmNRZebgQ&feature=g-u-u&context=G2133aa2FUAAAAAAAAAA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdwmNRZe ... AAAAAAAAAA</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers. He didn't half have a good game.

Floating

Established Member
Just got him on my fantasy team - he could be a snip at 5.8m, if he keeps starting games and taking corners! ;)

mistaT

Established Member
Floating said:
Just got him on my fantasy team - he could be a snip at 5.8m, if he keeps starting games and taking corners! ;)

Benayoun's goal was our first in 174 corners, be a while till we see another :wink:

eye4goal

Established Member
Who else did Neville have in his team? I can see a front 4 of Oxlade, Rooney, Bent and Young/Walcott working well for England

Flow

DanDare said:
I hope he only plays another 8-12 games this season, lets not Wilshere him please Wenger.

Bright future.
Will you say that again when you see the Russian on the team sheet?

He's needed, but he needs to stay behind Walcott and Gervais. But when we need him, we should play him.

KY

Established Member
Shall I look into the crystal ball and see how his career is gonna pan out?

the next 6 months shall be brilliant, culminating in a "surprise" call up to the england national squad for the euros where england is gonna have a piss poor campaign and the Ox shall duly be forgotten.

This shall be followed by two (or one, depending on the length of his contract) years of mediocrity or at best averageness which shall be excused by his age and includes a long period of time injured for either a "mysterious" injury or a "persistent" knock.

then two years before his contract expires, he suddenly finds his form again and start to flourish in the team. Cue the " i knew he had it in him" and the "keep the faith". This season shall also be haunted by persistent rumours linking him to Real Madrid or Cesena or some new plaything for a new billionare.

Cue the coming summer where he will be sold for a sparkling new jug of horse placenta.

KY

Established Member
Sorry, disappointed and pessimistic fan here. Forgive me for the doldrums...

Floating

Established Member
The thread about the Ox from Red Cafe is good reading - most of them can see he's already in the Rooney/Wilshere bracket of elite talent.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-thread-341219/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/alex-oxlade-c ... ad-341219/</a>

sammy89

Put him ahead of Walcott. Walcott can't be left to get away with his recent ****e performances. We need to get rid of the politics and play people on merit.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
DJ_Markstar said:
Yeah, I hate it when a player gets three assists in one game.

Against a 10 man Blackburn without their star player in defence. He had acres of space all game really, Blackburn's defence looked utter **** to the point of being hilarious.

Not the game to really judge any attacking player on.

shariqdhanani

Dokaka said:
DJ_Markstar said:

Against a 10 man Blackburn without their star player in defence. He had acres of space all game really, Blackburn's defence looked utter **** to the point of being hilarious.

walcott already had two assists before blackburn went down to ten men. However, i am still not a believer in walcott because you are right, there was tons of space for walcott to operate and that is where he is most effective ... Actually, that is only where walcott is effective.

Floating

Established Member
Dokaka said:
DJ_Markstar said:

Then why has everyone been raving about RvP's and Oxlade-Chamberlain's performances? It's still a PL game that we absolutely needed to win. It was a high-pressure situation for everyone.

I'm personally on the fence about Walcott, but whenever he does anything positive, he's still slated on this forum. He's missed a few sitters this season, but he's a few brilliant games as well - Chelsea away, both legs of Udinese, and Blackburn at home come to mind.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Floating said:
Dokaka said:
DJ_Markstar said:

Then why has everyone been raving about RvP's and Oxlade-Chamberlain's performances? It's still a PL game that we absolutely needed to win. It was a high-pressure situation for everyone.

I'm personally on the fence about Walcott, but whenever he does anything positive, he's still slated on this forum. He's missed a few sitters this season, but he's a few brilliant games as well - Chelsea away, both legs of Udinese, and Blackburn at home come to mind.

I haven't been raving about their performances against Blackburn. I've raved about Ox because he's 18, just got his baptism by fire against Man Utd and was arguebly MotM and then continued that into the next game, all at the age of 18.

RVP is scoring goals, he's been doing it all season/year. There's no words of praise that hasn't been said about him really, and he deserves it all.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Dokaka said:
DJ_Markstar said:

So if a team is hard to break down, it's because he's ****, and if a team is hilariously easy to break down, it's because they're ****?

At what point does Theo get recognition?

Floating

Established Member
DJ_Markstar said:
Dokaka said:
DJ_Markstar said:

So if a team is hard to break down, it's because he's ****, and if a team is hilariously easy to break down, it's because they're ****?

At what point does Theo get recognition?

Yeah, exactly mate. Give the lad some credit.

Iloveyouarsenewenger

Established Member
Walcott is a very good player under certain circumstances. A Walcott that is not running behind the defense is not very useful and you need some good passing from behind to make those runs.

One reason why the goals have dried up a bit is the absence of Cesc Fabregas who was growing adept at unleashing Walcott, early, last season (Walcott was in league's top three productive (goals/assists per minute) players for the first two thirds of last season. This time the goals have dried up due to the supply not being of the same level from midfield and right back.

He's got his weaknesses and they have been discussed time and again. But, his strength is that he is an explosive player and has the ability to totally destroy teams on his best days. Against the best teams in the world, you need some X-factor, something different, and Walcott has proved himself to be someone who has been useful against big teams. He works hard in defense and his pace helps him put pressure on opponents at times.

He is not Wilshere/Fabregas good, but, he's a keeper, all the same.

Latest posts

Top Bottom