• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Year of the Ox

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
DJ_Markstar said:
Dokaka said:
DJ_Markstar said:
Yeah, I hate it when a player gets three assists in one game.

Against a 10 man Blackburn without their star player in defence. He had acres of space all game really, Blackburn's defence looked utter **** to the point of being hilarious.

Not the game to really judge any attacking player on.

So if a team is hard to break down, it's because he's ****, and if a team is hilariously easy to break down, it's because they're ****?

At what point does Theo get recognition?

When he plays like he did against Chelsea earlier this season. Walcott is ****ing brilliant against teams with a high line, one of the most dangerous players in the world at that point. Sadly, he doesn't have enough to his game against teams who park the bus and is thus found lacking when his pace is basically a none-factor.

I believe Walcott would be a much better player if he was playing in a 4-4-2 up front. He's got a good shot on him as has often shown good composure in front of goal, although he's looked a bit short of confidence recently. If he can add some true poaching to his game a la Bent/Hernandez, he'd be unstopable.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
Did he get three assists vs. Chelsea?

Agree with the rest, he is so obviously a striker.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
DJ_Markstar said:

Stats.. :p

He dominated the Chelsea defence and looked tidy, confident and dangerous all game. That's what matters to me, not 3 of his 20 hard, flat crosses hitting their man.

You could argue that he should have at least 1 assist per game with the worlds best striker constantly looking for his passes.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli
:lol:

Whatevz - this is The Ox thread, and the guy is a beast.

Although I am slightly suspicious that his dad might be Minty off Eastenders.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Well if he doesn't hit the heights in football, there'll be a career waiting for him in music
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDvS3Xtn5g&sns=em" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDvS3Xtn5g&sns=em</a>

Floating

Established Member
Dokaka said:
DJ_Markstar said:

Stats.. :p

He dominated the Chelsea defence and looked tidy, confident and dangerous all game. That's what matters to me, not 3 of his 20 hard, flat crosses hitting their man.

You could argue that he should have at least 1 assist per game with the worlds best striker constantly looking for his passes.

He also got that brilliant goal...

yuvken

Established Member
:) That's not a new vid - we saw this before he announced himself as a star (still need "in the making"? nah).

ILYAW - good post, I'd keep the beginning - "Theo is great in some circumstances" then it depends - high line D, passers and other stuff (his form for one).
Thing is people were complaining about "when does he get recognition" (which he surely deserves after a game like BB), in the context of "is he or not in Ox' shade". The problem is sometimes (not rarely) the circumstances don't align in our (his) favor.

It's not the case with the Ox. I don't know if a bit premature (VP rightly said: expect some ups and downs; as good as he is, he's a boy. Yes, I know about the Messi example), But Ox is not circumstance dependent. X factor? how about Ox factor!

Give Theo all the recognition he deserves (and yes, keep him, and yes - he can and will have something important to give us), but Ox is on a different level.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Floating said:
The thread about the Ox from Red Cafe is good reading - most of them can see he's already in the Rooney/Wilshere bracket of elite talent.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/f7/alex-oxlade-chamberlain-thread-341219/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/f7/alex-oxlade-c ... ad-341219/</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's something even they can't deny, as hard they will have tried to find an angle. Although I have read one particular twerp say that one of the twin fullbacks had Ox in his pocket! The place is still nearly as one eyed and biased as RAWK generally.

outlaw_member

Established Member
Big Poppa said:
Well if he doesn't hit the heights in football, there'll be a career waiting for him in music
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDvS3Xtn5g&sns=em" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBDvS3Xtn5g&sns=em</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Surely, he should receive some points on his license for such reckless driving? :lol:

WengerFaithful

The Ox has been drafted into 'HairDryerFC' a match made in heaven :)- Premierleague Fantasy Football

All together now - 'Feed the Ox and he Will Score Feeeeeeeeeed the Ox and he wil score.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Love the guy even more after reading comments from his father about Chambo turning down Manchester United to come here, also met with Ferguson.

ebouenolike

Established Member
GDeep said:
Love the guy even more after reading comments from his father about Chambo turning down Manchester United to come here, also met with Ferguson.

Really? Haven't heard that. Brilliant if true.

Latest posts

Top Bottom