Year of the Ox

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by 1macca1, Jan 23, 2012.

1. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

Here it is mate.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/news/father-oxlade-chamberlain-picked-arsenal-over-man-united_17451.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/ar ... 17451.html</a>

2. truth_hurts

truth_hurts Well-Known Member

I want him in our forward line but he does seem very capable of potentially playing in central midfield.

3. ArsenalDNA

ArsenalDNA New Member

If we are going to be playing teams where we dominate possession he might as well be played at CAM.

We don't have many/any midfielders atm who have the ability to beat a man then get off a decent shot.

If he manages to get even half the chances Ramsey was getting he could get 5-6 goals before the end of the season.

I don't think he's ready for the bigger games (Chelsea/City) but against teams who park the bus i think his long range shooting could be a massive advantage.

4. Floating

Floating New Member Trusted

He could do well in the Ramsey role I think — his final ball and shooting is worlds better.

5. clockwork orange

clockwork orange Blind faith in "LVG filoshophy" Elite

Made a very good impression in the BBC (World) Football Focus interview. Such a great future ahead of him and it could start tomorrow.

By the way think he should start v Citeh.

6. ebouenolike

ebouenolike New Member Trusted

He's remarkably down to earth and polite for someone with the world at his feet. So happy we signed him.

7. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Have a feeling that Ox will start this weekend .

8. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

Watch the whole programme here.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17640505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17640505</a>

9. Vinci

Vinci The Sultan of Unai

Talent: check. Right attitude: check.

This kid is going to go far.

10. DJ_Markstar

DJ_Markstar Well-Known Member

But you've been so critical in the past?

What changed?

11. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

To be fair to ebouenolike no one thought Ox would be this good this early in his Arsenal career. Even the seasoned pros take their time to get used to their new team-mates, tactics and so on and so forth but Ox hit the ground running like he's been here for all his life.

12. dysphoria

dysphoria Well-Known Member

in lots of ways, he is the exact opposite of balotelli, the ox is obviously way more intelligent, matured, grounded and down to earth despite having had less experience, both are massively talented but it goes to show how overrated talent is if it isn't coupled with a proper brain.

13. 1macca1

1macca1 New Member Trusted

Som, when reading any of Mark's posts it's best to just assume he's being sarcastic.

14. DJ_Markstar

That's not true all of the time 8))

15. mistaT

mistaT New Member Trusted

Confused by only giving him 6 minutes against City?

I realize in a game of such magnitude the OX is still raw and naive in defending. But really we needed the win and I think that and our defense looking solid would have justified bringing him in earlier.

16. DJ_Markstar

Don't be a moaning ninny, MistaT. A win against City and all is well in the world

17. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

I thought he's reformed since he stopped having half naked models as his avatars. :D :D

18. dysphoria

dysphoria Well-Known Member

just to check, was he the other player other then rvp who went absolutely ballistic at ramsey after he missed that chance? I remember seeing someone on the right going absolutely mental and punching the air :lol:

19. SomGooner

SomGooner Prolific Liker

dysphoria, I think that was Rosicky, I could be wrong.

20. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Yeah he was, good to see.

I seriously hopes he plays against Wolves, Benayoun has done his job of coming in and helping us beat a big side, now i think he'll be given a rest so i'd like to see a Ox-RvP-Theo attack on Wednesday.