• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Year of the Ox

GDeep™

League is very weak
Ox would be first off the bench for me this summer ahead of Lennon/Downing etc. Looking forward to this summer, I think he'll make an impact.

Sad that for different reasons Jack and Gibbs cant join Ox and Theo.

MaestroCesc

GDeep said:
Ox would be first off the bench for me this summer ahead of Lennon/Downing etc. Looking forward to this summer, I think he'll make an impact.

Sad that for different reasons Jack and Gibbs cant join Ox and Theo.
Lennon wasnt picked.

Great decision by Hodgson, it will be a great learning curve for the Ox. Dont agree with people saying it is bad hes going because if he wasnt picked he would be going to the Olympics and also its hardly likely he will get a serious injury or burnout after not playing that many games this season (came off from bench or did not last 90 minutes when played) and i doubt he will play that much in Euro 2012 also. Because of his lack of experience i cant see him playing much unless we are really desperate or in need of a spark

trunks206

Established Member
1macca1 said:
evoh_1 said:
Its good for him but I'm sure wenger is pissed off as I think he wanted him in house for pre-season without getting him back run down from european comp.

Roy said it was the milan game that tipped him, so does he see him as a CM as well as wide player?
He'd have been going to the Olympics anyway so if this means he won't be going then it's preferable as he'll likely play less and be back before the season starts.

Roy also said he was impressed by the way Ox played against Ambrosini and Pirlo, neither of whom played in that match, so all we can conclude is Roy talks a lot of **** and probably didn't even watch the match.

I knew 100% that he was going to the Euro when Gary Neville was added to the coaching staff. He absolutely LOVES Ox. Roy just wanted to make it seem like it was his choice/opinion but imo it clearly wasn't.

realtalk

Established Member
ebouenolike said:
realtalk said:
sturridge should of got the nod before ox to be honest.

No. For so many reasons, no.

ox has'nt done anything had liek 3-4 good games rest has been woeful he's been poor especially by hype standard.Sturridge has better goal scoring record than him in prem overall far more experinece player period.

On that note the **** is downing in the squad aint he like 20 mill played 36,0 asssist,0 goals.Guess roy & the coaches wanted a player that could cross the ball all the other wingers left are more strikers.Only reasons i could see him in the squad he can link with carroll.

Welbeck is in probs cause darren bent aint around. A few suspect picks but ehh england manager is a puppet these days.

musicmonkey

Established Member
realtalk said:
ox has'nt done anything had liek 3-4 good games rest has been woeful he's been poor especially by hype standard.Sturridge has better goal scoring record than him in prem overall far more experinece player period.

On that note the **** is downing in the squad aint he like 20 mill played 36,0 asssist,0 goals.Guess roy & the coaches wanted a player that could cross the ball all the other wingers left are more strikers.Only reasons i could see him in the squad he can link with carroll.

Welbeck is in probs cause darren bent aint around. A few suspect picks but ehh england manager is a puppet these days.
Sturridge has been the same as AOC, he's had a very inconsistent season and in terms of experience the Ox really isn't behind. He might not have had as many starts but AOC's been the major player in the U21's, has made a lot of EPL subs appearances and some starts against European sides. Chamberlain played against AC Milan and ran the show, he's come out with a goal and 2 assists in 4 games in Europe, a competition probably more similar in terms of the opposition's playing style than any other.

fabo

6.51 / 10
Didn't Sturridge outscore Walcott this season? He's fallen away second half of the season it seems, one of the victims of AVB's sacking as Di Matteo mixed it up with Ramires playing more wide.

I'll be surprised if Ox gets many minutes tbh - can see Hodgson chucking on Downing or even Milner out wide ahead of him.

viper_001

Established Member
Roy Hodgson on picking Chamberlain:

"I think he's well documented as a player who's burst onto the scene. He has exceptional qualities of course. He's a very very interesting midfield type of player who can play wide or central. He has a lot of qualities that many players in our midfield area do not possess in the team, and it's good that I've included him. I think it's very beneficial to the squad, to the team, and to the player himself. At his age he's a player that we're going to be hoping to see a lot of not only during this tournament, but also in the future."

The highlighted areas might give us some clues as to what his role may be during the tournament. I thought he was going to be used as a super sub, but the way Roy is going on about him, he might start.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Alex can really make an impact at the Euros especially as a sub in the last 30 minutes or so, With his dribbling ability and speed I can see him having a field day against a tired opposition full backs.

Get ready to see similar runs to Michael Owen's V Argies in 98 WC lads... :D

ebouenolike

Established Member
Sturridge is the most overrated footballer in England: disloyal, selfish, one footed, limited and cocky.

Glad he didn't get called up, far too big for his boots.

GG8

Nail on the head with "selfish" enl, way beyond what is required from a striker.

Some of his performances on the past few months have been shocking. The game against us springs to mind.

ebouenolike

Established Member
He's got plenty of potential, but his 'I've already made it' attitude' means he'll never develop fully. Almost the opposite to the Ox, and as such it becomes very easy to make the choice between the 2.

Invincible

Established Member
He should start. I think he's ready. Can see him making a similar impact to the one Shrek made in Euro 2004.

Tranquil

ebouenolike said:
He's got plenty of potential, but his 'I've already made it' attitude' means he'll never develop fully. Almost the opposite to the Ox, and as such it becomes very easy to make the choice between the 2.

The Ox and Wilshere have very similar attitudes and both are very modest. That will help them both so much. If they live up to half of their potential then they will be great players indeed.

Theo, Oxlade, Wilshere and Gibbs. Whos says we dont have any English players. 4 of Englands top youngsters right there.

Mastadon

Established Member
I hope he gets a couple of sub appearances at least it would be awful for him to not get any game time at all like Theo in 2006. He's a fantastic young talent and I think we have only seen glimpses of his full potential so far. imo Wenger has handled him perfectly this season in terms of development and game time.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Ox is quite a package - pacy, strong on his feet and upper body, quick, good ball control, confident. we've seen a few times that he's got potential with his shooting technique, although not necessarily the same as finishing ability or scoring. it's surprising to me how late his name started circulating at his southhampton days, possibly due to his physical qualities and body maturing. but he's got all the building blocks in place.

the sky's the limit.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
actually, he's quite similar to theo in a way that he knows his strenghts and limitations and tries to make up for it with intelligent, tidy play instead of trying to do too many useless tricks. he's obviously a little rough on the technique, needs a lot more time to iron a few things out, become used to the game in general, relax a little bit and add a little bit of flair to his game. i personally see a combination of silva and aguero in him, at least in terms of style. scary potential.

G0D

Almighty
<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/7761629/Hodgson-Chamberlain-in-contention" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... contention</a>

Competing for a starting place? That said, Woy is clearly not all there implying that some young players could be overawed with the likes of Barry and Parker.

Latest posts

Top Bottom