• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Year of the Ox

GunnerGetYah

Established Member
I can see him playing in CM while Rooney is suspened and if he does well then he may well continue there in the other games. His dribbling style reminds me of Gazza so a playmaker role would suit him well. He would have to knock Lampard out of the team to get in after Rooney is back, but I don't see why he couldn't.. i've never rated Lampard much when he plays for England.

MaestroCesc

From wehat Hodgson was saying it seems like he will give Ox a chance in one of the friendlies and if he impresses then he could very well start or at least come off the bench. I find that very surprising as i thought he was just their for the experience and maybe throw him on if we needed a spark

trunks206

Established Member
I am really excited to see him play in the CAM/playmaker role for England and see if can do a job there right now. If he shows he can consistently spot runs and pick a pass at that level I'd love to see him play there next season. I feel we really need a AM but I just dont see Wenger going for one but if Ox can step into the role I'd be over the moon.

McIntyre

Established Member
Shadow Moses said:
The big question is will Roy play him? I hope it won't be like Sven with Theo.

It could depend on how the senior players react to his inclusion.

If the senior players like Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Terry and co don't take to him then Roy will struggle to find the courage to play him.

I remember the comments Steven Gerrard made in his autobiography about Walcott's presence in the World Cup squad and how he had no right to be there.

It was clear from his comments that the senior players didn't have any faith at all in Walcott's ability, didn't want him there and so Sven would struggle to justify putting him in the team.

How could he throw a 17-year-old kid into the firing line when he didn't even have the support of his teammates? He rightfully couldn't do it.

I'm not saying Gerrard was entirely wrong in his assessment of Theo at the time; he did have no real right to be there. But when the senior players have such a lack of faith in you then there's absolutely no way you can get on the pitch, let alone be an effective member of the squad.

Hopefully this time around the senior players will give the Ox a bit more respect, because their support might actually help facilitate a break-out performance from the youngster and inspire him with confidence.

You can only hope that Gerrard and co have matured a little and will give Hodgson, and the player himself, the support they need to get the best out of him.

After all, they're all there for the same reason. And if you can't support your teammates in pursuit of your shared goals then you don't deserve to succeed anyway.

MaestroCesc

McIntyre said:
Shadow Moses said:
The big question is will Roy play him? I hope it won't be like Sven with Theo.

It could depend on how the senior players react to his inclusion.

If the senior players like Lampard, Gerrard, Rooney, Terry and co don't take to him then Roy will struggle to find the courage to play him.

I remember the comments Steven Gerrard made in his autobiography about Walcott's presence in the World Cup squad and how he had no right to be there.

It was clear from his comments that the senior players didn't have any faith at all in Walcott's ability, didn't want him there and so Sven would struggle to justify putting him in the team.

How could he throw a 17-year-old kid into the firing line when he didn't even have the support of his teammates? He rightfully couldn't do it.

I'm not saying Gerrard was entirely wrong in his assessment of Theo at the time; he did have no real right to be there. But when the senior players have such a lack of faith in you then there's absolutely no way you can get on the pitch, let alone be an effective member of the squad.

Hopefully this time around the senior players will give the Ox a bit more respect, because their support might actually help facilitate a break-out performance from the youngster and inspire him with confidence.

You can only hope that Gerrard and co have matured a little and will give Hodgson, and the player himself, the support they need to get the best out of him.

After all, they're all there for the same reason. And if you can't support your teammates in pursuit of your shared goals then you don't deserve to succeed anyway.
Im sure it wont be like the walcott case. Ox has proven himself in huge matches like Milan whereas Walcott back then hadnnt even played a game. Also Ox is older and has actually earned his place, he has been better than the majority of english wingers this season apart from walcott, young and milner.

I think the senior players will be more concerned about losing their place to him :lol:

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Just watched the highlights of his first season here.

Seriously, this kid is immensely talented. One of the best future investments Wenger has made in ages.

He seems a real level headed player to, and loyal.

Can't wait to see him 2012/13, my favourite for PFA Young Player of The Year.

Hope he plays at the Euro's too. The experience will be invaluable.

Top Bottom