• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Year of the Ox

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Re: How Strong Can The Ox Be?

outlaw_member said:
celestis said:
I just remembered the kid is 18 . I can't for the life of me remember someone who was not considered elite in their 20's having his sort of impact . Even Jack did not slot in this seamlessly .

He's more talented than Wilshere and Fabregas were at that age. Less efficient and mature than the aforementioned duo though, albeit as a consequences of his position.

Understand what you are saying , technically he right up there . Cesc probably had a better first touch and his decision making and tactical awareness is superior . OX though is ahead of either in technical ability at the same age .

I am going to get blasted for this but for a year or so Cesc's passing was not really accurate .

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

It really is too early to tell if he's a Cesc level talent yet, although he could be if he develops well. Let's see if he can string a few games together and do it in a 5-10 game stretch first.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

celestis said:
Bit mixed about this thread , I thought he was a awesome talent after 4 touches at Man United . I knew he was special when he made Zabaleta look ordinary . How many others have done that this season ?

At the same time don't want to jinx him by putting him on a pedestal so its the last time I post on this thread .
Knew you couldn't resist the lure of optimism and hope that the Ox gives to all of us, celestis. :)

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

:lol: When I saw him against in the 8-2 I thought WOW. He only had 3-4 touches of the ball . Olympiakos at the Grove he was our best player .

No I can't resist , you just can't help talking about the bloke . Sky's the limit . p.s very keen on that Wellington kid as well . Fingers crossed for him .

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I watched the compilation of his recent match vs Almeria(?) and he was very impressive, not too dissimilar to AOC, the worry with him from what I've read is his attitude though. I'll probably not keep that close tabs on him until (if) he comes here and starts to get a few minutes. I think coming that far would show he's largely got over his attitude problems and has been knuckling down hard so I could start to get excited about him. Campbell is the youngster I want to keep an eye on, really looks to have something about him.

Airknight

Established Member

His attitude probably will get sorted here, and don't forget Miyaichi, who still needs a lot to do but might reach pretty much the same heights as expected from the Ox.

I feel the comparison with Cesc is because he has stood out with his performances and nothing else, so regardless of the veracity of such statement i see it as a very positive sign.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Yup I like campbell as well reminds a bit of Anelka - maybe it's the swagger.

If he progresses I see him taking Walcotts spot coming in from the right and shooting with that special left foot.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Do you think he could play just in front of RvP in a 4-4-2? Ox, Ryo/Silva wings Wilshere Coquelin CM? Heh, perhaps projecting a bit too far ahead.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

I think with Robin ,Gervinho and a guy like Campbell they could supply each other - as in interchangeable . We already see in matches when Robin comes short/drops deep Gerv makes a run into the hole that he has left. Campbell could do this as well in Theo's position , he can also assist as can Gervinho .

For the life of me I can't work out why Theo doesn't do that more often . Theo with Gervinho's movement would be deadly . Joel already has that though .

Floating

Established Member

Campbell and Miyaichi look exciting, but Oxlade is a world class talent. He's also got the physique and the mentality to succeed. Let's hope he gets more playing time.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUV6gtio6VY&feature=player_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUV6gtio ... r_embedded</a>

Just know it won't take many matches before he's one of my faves, hell the amount I've been talking about him this week probably suggests he's already one of my faves.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

I'm spotting a strong correlation between Ox fanboyism and Wilshere avatars.

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

:eek:ops:
Guess me and enl share a likeness for extremely talented young players.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado

Eh, shouldn't Wenger be congratulated for taking a gamble on him and buying him for such high price?

Just pure hypocrisy all around. Don't buy, whine. Buy, whine. I remember people groaning that we didn't spend. That we didn't have Englishmen. Then we spent, buying one of the most talented Englishmen around. Guess what? still not happy.

trunks206

Established Member

God knows how many times Ive watched the youtube compilation...what a talent. If he isnt going to get a run of starts (Im sort of worried, I dont want to rush him in and expect too much from him just yet) than at the least he better be the "game changer" we bring on in the 70th minute to run at tired legs.

I somewhat agree with Marvelous as there were a pretty good amount of people complaining Wenger spent so much on this kid from the lower league, but although his subbing decision was all wrong, he looks to be in the know with this signing.

Future star.

Frimpong -Coquelin
Wilshere

Ox-Campbell-Ryo

The future looks bright guys and girls.

mccroix

trunks206 said:
God knows how many times Ive watched the youtube compilation...what a talent. If he isnt going to get a run of starts (Im sort of worried, I dont want to rush him in and expect too much from him just yet) than at the least he better be the "game changer" we bring on in the 70th minute to run at tired legs.

I somewhat agree with Marvelous as there were a pretty good amount of people complaining Wenger spent so much on this kid from the lower league, but although his subbing decision was all wrong, he looks to be in the know with this signing.

Future star.

Frimpong -Coquelin
Wilshere

Ox-Campbell-Ryo

It always does with us, however the present is a completely different story

Arsenal in Aus

makaveli tha don said:
trunks206 said:

It always does with us, however the present is a completely different story
+1

As soon as I saw that post (no offense trunks) I thought "here we go again". Those guys will all be great (to varying degrees), but how likely is is it that they'll all be great in Arsenal colours? And how likely is it that even if they all become great, they won't get long-term injuries to spoil it? That's what happens at our club - get good and leave (Cesc, Nasri just being the latest in the procession) or have huge potential that you're just starting to reach and then hit the injuries (Diaby, Rosicky etc). I'm really getting fed up.

ebouenolike

Established Member

For all the posters yelling 'HYPOCRITES' at anyone who is enjoying The Ox right now - pipe down.

Yes, there were plenty of people who were upset at Wenger spending £15million on a 17 year old with only League One experience. Personally, I was chuffed, but it's not hard to see how others felt at the time - we had lost important players and were paying a huge chunk of our budget on someone unlikely to make an immediate impact.

So, basically both sides are right. You can still be frustrated about signing 'one for the future' and be a fan when they start making a contribution.

fabo

6.51 / 10

Some posters are really beginning to bug me on this place.

We've gone back to 2006, change the names and go again. Wenger knows.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom