• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Year of the Ox

mo50

Established Member
Re: How Strong Can The Ox Be?

trunks206 said:
Frimpong -Coquelin
Wilshere

Ox-Campbell-Ryo

The future looks bright guys and girls.

2008:

Nasri-Fabregas-Denilson-Walcott

RvP-Adebayor.

The future was supposed to be bright!

Just kidding. In all honesty, if 3 of those come good I'd be chuffed. 2 are dead certain and I fancy Coquelin to make big strides over the next 2 years.

ebouenolike

Established Member

I think the key difference between now and 2008 is reduced expectations and also a core of British kids and the likes of Szcz and Frimpong who are fans.

Shue

Established Member

They talked about it on twitter, was just a bump.

Benik Afobe
@Afobe Benik Afobe
Wow!!! @Alex_OxChambo has just reversed into my car! Massive dent in his car! Mine is ok though! #WhatANumpty #HadAMassiveNightmare ☹

Benik Afobe
@Afobe Benik Afobe
And this is how @Alex_OxChambo car looks after reversing into me! #TakeASlap lockerz.com/s/178030576

Alex Chamberlain
@Alex_OxChambo Alex Chamberlain
Absolute stinker!! @Afobe loves parking in the worst place ever so wen i reverse out my house i cant see his whip! #NoExcuses #PoorFromTheOx

Shue

Established Member

Ox's motor;

x2a9c87f0.jpg

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

Ah, not too bad then. Cheers for the images - was fearing worse when I heard read the word "crash"

1macca1

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Found a good Ox comp in The Lobby; <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zc2xM4dXlHQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... c2xM4dXlHQ</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain reminds Arsène Wenger of Wayne Rooney - because he has the England star's fearless streak.

The Arsenal manager brought Oxlade-Chamberlain to Emirates Stadium last summer and he has already shown glimpses of his huge potential with goals on his first two starts and a stand-out performance against Manchester United last weekend.

The 18-year-old picked out Robin van Persie for Arsenal's goal in that 2-1 defeat and Wenger saw shades of Rooney in the teenager's display.

"He looks to have [the same fearlessness]," said the Frenchman.

"Now he has to show that he can play all the time but I believe he can. We have produced more players in the last 15 years than all of the top clubs in Europe put together and we are not scared to play players when they are of the level. I believe he has [that level]."

Oxlade-Chamberlain operated in a wide position for much of last Sunday's game but he was equally adept when drifting in off the flank. Wenger thinks he can play in a number of roles.

"He can play centrally as well but he has grown up as a winger," he said. "And now I think as well he can play central midfield because he can produce a long pass, he can dribble. At that age, you know, you start first on the wing."
Arsenal.com

DiamondGooner

Established Member

^ I actually prefer Ox on the wing especially for now, I want him to concentrate purely on the attacking part of his game.

DJ_Markstar

Based and Artetapilled

Player:Martinelli

1macca1 said:
Found a good Ox comp in The Lobby; <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zc2xM4dXlHQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... c2xM4dXlHQ</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain reminds Arsène Wenger of Wayne Rooney - because he has the England star's fearless streak.

The Arsenal manager brought Oxlade-Chamberlain to Emirates Stadium last summer and he has already shown glimpses of his huge potential with goals on his first two starts and a stand-out performance against Manchester United last weekend.

The 18-year-old picked out Robin van Persie for Arsenal's goal in that 2-1 defeat and Wenger saw shades of Rooney in the teenager's display.

"Now he has to show that he can play all the time but I believe he can. We have produced more players in the last 15 years than all of the top clubs in Europe put together and we are not scared to play players when they are of the level. I believe he has [that level]."

Oxlade-Chamberlain operated in a wide position for much of last Sunday's game but he was equally adept when drifting in off the flank. Wenger thinks he can play in a number of roles.

"He can play centrally as well but he has grown up as a winger," he said. "And now I think as well he can play central midfield because he can produce a long pass, he can dribble. At that age, you know, you start first on the wing."
Arsenal.com

Is he for real?

The rest is a good read, though, and the comp is good too.

jay-d

Established Member

DJ_Markstar said:
1macca1 said:
Found a good Ox comp in The Lobby; <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zc2xM4dXlHQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... c2xM4dXlHQ</a>" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also

Arsenal.com

Is he for real?

The rest is a good read, though, and the comp is good too.

Of course he's for real. In his little bubble he needs to justify not spending money so he imagines all the mid table and lower league players who started here and who are now playing elsewhere are'products' which prove he was right.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Think AW is feeling a bit needy to bring something like that up .

ebouenolike

Established Member

Fearlessness has been noticeable in some of our youngsters - Frimpong, Ox, Wilshere, Szcz etc. Keep the ones who don't bottle it in the team.

Latest posts

Top Bottom