yellow rubber band

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by joe3428, Oct 4, 2004.

1. joe3428

joe3428 New Member

I saw once PV wears it, Cesc also had one.... and few EPL players wears it...
    What is it? :?:

2. KoLo28

KoLo28 New Member

Isn't it some charity Lance Armstrong related, cancer perhaps.

3. KoLo28

KoLo28 New Member

Yeah, just double checked.

"Live Strong wrist band's are being sold in an effort to raise $5,000,000 for the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LAF).Visit the site to get your own yellow Live Strong wristband to wear as a tribute to Lance’s inspirational fight against cancer."

A good cause.

4. Jinn

Jinn New Member Elite

Yep, a good cause. Everybody go buy one now!

5. joe3428

joe3428 New Member

thanks

6. jeromelee

jeromelee New Member

I've got a few friends in Malaysia wearing it as well. It's definitely a charity by Lance Armstrong. But a lot of people are wearing it for fashion now though.

7. sanyasi

sanyasi New Member

theres nothing wrong with people wearing it for fashion.

thats just proof that the campaign has succeeded.

its a clever way to raise money - make it fashionable (by getting big name people like arsenal players to wear it)

8. jeromelee

jeromelee New Member

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with wearing it for fashion. Merely pointing the fact out as that's why some of my own personal friends are wearing it.

9. Gunner4life09

Gunner4life09 New Member

ask your frens where did they buy theres from. please, i want 1 for charitable and fashion purposes

10. rachael-8

rachael-8 New Member

I have one ;D I got mine when i was in America,it was only $1.You can get them at Nike Factory Outlets

11. Gunner4life09

Gunner4life09 New Member

when u got yours rachael-8, did it say it was for LAF charity or issit just a yellow rubber band with a nike tick on it???

12. jester

jester New Member Trusted

the website to buy one?

13. Spartan

Spartan New Member

are there red ones also??

14. Gooner4Life

Gooner4Life New Member

where can you get them in england?

sports soccer?

15. jeromelee

jeromelee New Member

As far as I know from them you can only get them from the States. I think it's only 1USD or something like that. And if I'm not wrong it only comes in yellow.

I had a friend working in Australia who had to get another friend from Hawaii to get it for him. So I don't think they sell it in Australia.

16. the dawn raids

the dawn raids New Member Trusted

http://www.laf-store.org/

but, you cant just buy one online; you have to get them 10 at a time, and even then they are so popular at the moment they are on about a month back order.

17. Gunner4life09

Gunner4life09 New Member

too bad they dun ship to malaysia. but i think i saw 1 of my friends wearing it.

18. rachael-8

rachael-8 New Member

it says livestrong on it,the strong bit is bolder than the live,theres no nike tick on mine

19. rachael-8

rachael-8 New Member

Nike Factories

20. Gurgen

Gurgen New Member Elite

I think it's stupid to wear the thing. If you really care there's no need to show you care. Just donate to the cancer funds if you're really that thoughtful, don't buy some stupid bracelet for $1, what good is that going to do.