• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yeremy Pino

Which winger would you prefer?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 102404

Ornstein says he’s well liked and trains hard, even Mikel has praised his attitude so what are you talking about really?

You even go on to say that we have much better, how is he responsible for Saka being better? :lol: Agendas got you typing nonsense as per.
The only agenda at play Trilly is the one where Pepe is somehow being suppressed from greatness by our manager.
Hear it over and over and it’s boring.
Perhaps Pepe will come good, but so far he simply hasn’t been good enough, due to his own performances after plenty of chances.

At this point it would be better to get a replacement and move Pepe on. Maybe Pino is the guy. We’ll see.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
What’s with you constantly abusing people lately for merely having a different opinion to you? Grow up little man.
How was that abuse, I didn't call him a dickhead or anything. Telling someone you don't rate their posts isn't abuse it's honest feedback you snowflake.

Pepe came to the club during a time of turmoil, the dressing room was more or less in revolt already and within his first season he's seen three managers and the CEO who signed him get sacked. In his second season he got 16 goals across all competitions in one of our worst ever seasons in attacking terms. This while not once getting more than three consecutive league starts, but you probably won't hear this considering you think he's gotten "plenty of opportunities". Last season he's gotten some 600 minutes in the league.

There's a reason posters like the guy I responded to love to place the blame for failure at Pepe's door, not difficult to see when they're constantly breaking their neck attempting to canonise Arteta's every move. Wonder what even the point in a manager is when players are the only ones responsible for performing at 100%.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

What happened to Vieira being able to play on the wings?
Arsenal fans just want a new shiny toy I guess.
He is not a winger, but can play there. We need four "AMF's" to have two good players for each position.

Not very difficult to understand.

Makavelii

How was that abuse, I didn't call him a dickhead or anything. Telling someone you don't rate their posts isn't abuse it's honest feedback you snowflake.

Pepe came to the club during a time of turmoil, the dressing room was more or less in revolt already and within his first season he's seen three managers and the CEO who signed him get sacked. In his second season he got 16 goals across all competitions in one of our worst ever seasons in attacking terms. This while not once getting more than three consecutive league starts, but you probably won't hear this considering you think he's gotten "plenty of opportunities". Last season he's gotten some 600 minutes in the league.

There's a reason posters like the guy I responded to love to place the blame for failure at Pepe's door, not difficult to see when they're constantly breaking their neck attempting to canonise Arteta's every move. Wonder what even the point in a manager is when players are the only ones responsible for performing at 100%.
I don't even know you guys, but you gotta chill. This isn't "honest feedback":
"constantly posting absolute garbage", "Yet to see a single post worth reading from you", "you snowflake"

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill

Why do you agenda fuelled weirdos have to make everything about being pro or anti-Arteta?

I know I have to tread carefully with you as Pepe is an African player and I don’t want to trigger you again but the guys made well over 100 appearances in 3 seasons, under 2 different managers, and has never looked fully convincing. Got benched by a teenager ffs. The reason he hasn’t succeeded here has less to do with the managers and more to do with being a limited, one dimensional player with a poor mentality and a lack of desire and work rate. And before you come back at me with quotes about him being a “top pro” and blah blah blah I don’t give a sh!t. Actions speak louder than words and Pepe’s body language has been off from day one.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Neto would have been my pick before his big injury, he never had amazing numbers but his all round play was easy on the eye.

Now, I'm actually unsure. Surprised the Sane link hasn't been picked up seeing as Arteta has gone out of his way to acquire ex City boys.

Leo_ense_

AnthonyG Survivor
He’s a talented player and had a good season in La Liga but I really don’t think he is what we need currently. Objectively he’s not as good as Saka/Martinelli or ESR and doesn’t have the output to match them. He reminds me a lot of Jesus Navas in his frame and the way he plays. Which isn’t a bad thing per se it just makes me skeptical if he will be able to make a successful transition to the premier league. Honestly I’d rather we kept Pepe, it looks like we can’t shift him and despite his lack of mins he’s always a goal threat.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Honestly I’d rather we kept Pepe, it looks like we can’t shift him and despite his lack of mins he’s always a goal threat.
We all know this and Arteta knows this better than anyone, but the problem if he's not going to use him which just makes him lean on Saka more.

It might not be about getting the best player, just someone Arteta is willing to use from time to time or sub on.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Why do you agenda fuelled weirdos have to make everything about being pro or anti-Arteta?

I know I have to tread carefully with you as Pepe is an African player and I don’t want to trigger you again but the guys made well over 100 appearances in 3 seasons, under 2 different managers, and has never looked fully convincing. Got benched by a teenager ffs. The reason he hasn’t succeeded here has less to do with the managers and more to do with being a limited, one dimensional player with a poor mentality and a lack of desire and work rate. And before you come back at me with quotes about him being a “top pro” and blah blah blah I don’t give a sh!t. Actions speak louder than words and Pepe’s body language has been off from day one.
Why do you have to make everything about race/ethnicity?

Don't want to clog up the thread with your nonsense written in bad faith, I responded to an earlier post stating that Pepe not being able to reproduce his Lille form here has only to do with himself. Nevermind Pepe that would be an insanely simplistic statement to make about any player anywhere.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Why do you have to make everything about race/ethnicity?

Don't want to clog up the thread with your nonsense written in bad faith, I responded to an earlier post stating that Pepe not being able to reproduce his Lille form here has only to do with himself. Nevermind Pepe that would be an insanely simplistic statement to make about any player anywhere.

So let me get this straight, I criticise or don’t rate an individual player and you chime in and accuse me of being racist yet I’m the one making everything about race/ethnicity? Good one. :lol:

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
So let me get this straight, I criticise or don’t rate an individual player and you chime in and accuse me of being racist yet I’m the one making everything about race/ethnicity? Good one. :lol:
Who said anything about race until you came into this thread?

I took the piss out of you in the other thread because you kept making dodgy comments in the boxing thread. Now you barge into this thread to complain about how I responded to a silly claim about a player without any mention of his origin and you're stressed again talking about Africans.

Morning_woody

Pepe is a prime example of scouting/recruiting gone wrong. Pepes former club Lille preferred counter-attacking brand of football meaning that Pepe had much more space to work with but unfortunately he is not very good in a system where it's all about possession.

I still think think that Pepe is a tallented and an intelligent player and he would thrive in any top side in Serie A for an example.

Most of these top serie A sides prefer counter attacking after they get the lead and Pepe would be lethal over there.

I only hope we have learned from previous mistakes and I'm happy we dodged the bullet with Gakpo.
Did anyone watch the Champions League qualification game between PSV and Monaco last night ? Gakpo was atrocious to say at least and he is not a player that would raise the quality of the team right away, that's for sure.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Who said anything about race until you came into this thread?

I took the piss out of you in the other thread because you kept making dodgy comments in the boxing thread. Now you barge into this thread to complain about how I responded to a silly claim about a player without any mention of his origin and you're stressed again talking about Africans.

You had plenty to say about race yesterday, snowflake.

sergio_giorgini

Dying on Mt.Neymar Hill
Pepe is a prime example of scouting/recruiting gone wrong. Pepes former club Lille preferred counter-attacking brand of football meaning that Pepe had much more space to work with but unfortunately he is not very good in a system where it's all about possession.

I still think think that Pepe is a tallented and an intelligent player and he would thrive in any top side in Serie A for an example.

Most of these top serie A sides prefer counter attacking after they get the lead and Pepe would be lethal over there.

I only hope we have learned from previous mistakes and I'm happy we dodged the bullet with Gakpo.
Did anyone watch the Champions League qualification game between PSV and Monaco last night ? Gakpo was atrocious to say at least and he is not a player that would raise the quality of the team right away, that's for sure.

Dunno about Serie A. Think the league that would suit Pepe the most outside of France would be the Bundesliga. Would fit nicely in a Dortmund, Leverkusen, Frankfurt.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The only agenda at play Trilly is the one where Pepe is somehow being suppressed from greatness by our manager.
Hear it over and over and it’s boring.
Perhaps Pepe will come good, but so far he simply hasn’t been good enough, due to his own performances after plenty of chances.

At this point it would be better to get a replacement and move Pepe on. Maybe Pino is the guy. We’ll see.
Pepe had a pretty good first season in the Prem and at the end helped give Arteta a good finish and an FA Cup. In fact he was excellent in that FA Cup final.

Then Arteta bought Willian and Pepe was dropped immediately. After that he‘s never really had a decent run in the side. @Trilly’s point is sound.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom