• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yeremy Pino

Which winger would you prefer?

• Total voters

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It’s not a bottle job when you’re getting much more wages at PSG than Real.

Also, you can say it’s a gutsy move, he’s staying at home to succeed in Paris, if he wins something major he’ll be going into French football folklore.
Exactly. Imagine if Saka scored Arsenal’s winning goal in the CL final. He automatically becomes synonymous with the likes of Henry or Vieira. Now imagine if Saka scored the winnning goal in the CL final for Real Madrid. So what? He’s just another guy in a long list of footballers. Bale did it and Madrid fans still hounded him out.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba

Also, you can say it’s a gutsy move, he’s staying at home to succeed in Paris, if he wins something major he’ll be going into French football folklore.

For real. Can't call anything a bottle job when you sign a generational/dynastic wealth sized contract that only ties you to the club until age 26

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Exactly. Imagine if Saka scored Arsenal’s winning goal in the CL final. He automatically becomes synonymous with the likes of Henry or Vieira. Now imagine if Saka scored the winnning goal in the CL final for Real Madrid. So what? He’s just another guy in a long list of footballers. Bale did it and Madrid fans still hounded him out.
Nice to see you guys get all the likes for basically posting the same thing I did. My days are numbered on here I swear.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Mbappe is a season away from being able to break numerous all-time records for PSG. He’s also trying to be the guy that carries them to the first CL rather than joining a team who does it for fun without him. People look down on that in sports, look how KD got mocked for joining the warriors even though he was the best player on the team.

Very harsh to call it a bottle job when Mbappe would arguably be the best player at Real if he went there. Don’t think he’s ducking a challenge at all.
I was being sarcastic but making I think a fair point. I think he is one of the best in the world but I do think he made the easier choice. Dont win the CL but break records he still looks good. Move to Madrid and don't win the CL not so good.

Him and Haaland make for a good comparison. Haaland has taken himself out of a comfort zone even then he could have moved to Spain IMO he has taken on a much harder challenge. Mbappe has stayed in his comfort zone. Of course Mbappe has a lot of time on his hands and like you say he might want to set records and a maybe CL before moving but he will have the cold Tuesday night at Stoke vibes until he does. Hopefully he moves to us to get rid of those vibes.

RunTheTrap

For real. Can't call anything a bottle job when you sign a generational/dynastic wealth sized contract that only ties you to the club until age 26
Supposedly Mbappe gets a say in the transfers. He’s playing real life Football Manager and gets paid a King’s ransom. And he’ll still get his dream move to Madrid when he’s 26. He won.

RunTheTrap

So our wide options could be: Saka, Martinelli, Pino and ESR. That’s multiple profiles that can play on both sides to relative standards. For less than £45 million. Nice.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'm not sure who said the other that they weren't impressed by his compilation, he looks quite good. Really tricky player who is quick with his feet, strong, good in the air, has scored a decent amount of goals in La Liga too for a kid.

My only concern is his sprint speed / top speed. He looks like he may not be the quickest player in the world and in the PL speed is important from a wide man.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Or Villarreal are the ones planting the rumours.

Don't you find it interesting nobody else credible outside of Spain has addressed these rumours?
English press don't announce anything specially when it come to Arsenal we don't tell them what players we targeting and honestly they have no clue. But as long the local Villareal journalists confirmed we interested then it's very likely the interest is true.

Villareal might be putting him market too seeing they need money to improve the team. So we'll see.

Gn1212

English press don't announce anything specially when it come to Arsenal we don't tell them what players we targeting and honestly they have no clue. But as long the local Villareal journalists confirmed we interested then it's very likely the interest is true.

Villareal might be putting him market too seeing they need money to improve the team. So we'll see.
You would expect Fabrizio to address the news at the very least.

I do think we perhaps muddled them up so bad they're just scared to commit on whatever they know of the situation.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
You would expect Fabrizio to address the news at the very least.

I do think we perhaps muddled them up so bad they're just scared to commit on whatever they know of the situation.
Fabrizio from my experience might do it later if more journalists confirm it

blrgooner

Established Member
Yeah based on the news till now i don`t think this is close at all.
Looking at the youtube videos, for what they are worth, this guy looks like an amazing talent. Seems to have great acceleration and ability to play with head up which is a great combination to have. Seems pretty mature in terms of ball retention as well. Of course I have never really properly seen him play and all of my opinions may be simply wrong, but I find this link seriously exciting.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Are we in a youth project again? Except now our youth don’t cost 0-15M but 50M.

I suppose there's an element of that, but there's a bit of a difference buying young players who've played top flight/Champions League football compared to 16/17 year olds from the Championship.

Top Bottom