• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yeremy Pino

Which winger would you prefer?

• Total voters

Halcyon Daze

Major English club. Not gargantuan. Can't be us.
Just can’t see it being Liverpool. They basically don’t need him right now. Can’t see them paying big money to replace someone in a few years. They spend big on players to slot right in, like Nunez, Jota, Diaz etc, but not so much on prospects. Like how they’ve raided Fulham for Elliot and Carvalho. If they don’t work out, they still sell them on for decent money somehow (Brewster, Solanke etc). Seems to be their model.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

This only makes sense if the club see’s it as probable that Saka will leave in a year or that Martinelli won’t develop into a high enough level imo

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
He’s better technically than Jota I’d say as well.

Jota is proper head down at times which can be frustrating for them. I like what he brings but their fans keep saying he’s an impact bench player rather than a proper starter.
Jota has weirdly transformed into a penalty box striker. He’s really poor on the ball and in build up, but he has a real knack for goal scoring.

Me and my mate were laughing at him over his performance when we were at the Emirates watching Arsenal Liverpool, only for him to end up scoring. One of those kinda guys now.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
I would like this to happen even if we don't sell Pepe or send him out in loan. Why? Imagine if Saka gets injured, who are our options? Only Pino? I would like to have Pepe and him around if that happens. Send Marquinhos on loan so he can develop.

Worst case scenario is Marquinhos doesn't work and we sell him. He didn't cost us so that's not a problem. In a good scenario we have 3 good young wingers and if we need to sell Saka we won't be so desperate about that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I go back to my point above...

We had Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Ljunberg, Wiltord, RVP & then went & bought Reyes....
That true about building as much quality as possible but Liverpool have enough quality in thier attacking area. Maybe only midfield is the area of need for them.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Imagine this is to put pressure on Pepe to leave as well. Seems like him and Nelson are happy to sit on the bench.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The only issue with me here is we don't need a young talent in wings we already have 3. Not even sure Pino will hit ground running here but the lack of good experienced right winger might force us go to young talents

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Feels like this one has legs, a bit like the Fabio Vieira deal, club moving quickly with a big offer to secure a talent before they explode. It's always a gamble but it seems like this guy profiles quite similarly to Saka - uber talented for his age, a couple of seasons top flight experience, excellent technical ability and dribbling, high workrate, can play both wings. Definitely fits the profile.

I'm not worried about Marquinhos at all, that one always felt like a punt and an opportunity to develop and sell potentially.

Still feel that if we were going for a young development talent then Hlozek at £17m just seemed like a complete no brainer. Never seen this guy before but it definitely makes some sense at least.

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Never pass up on talent because of depth. This guy is the real deal and he’s the type of swings we need to take if we want big stars
I know that people love whinging about "The Project" on here, but even they would have to admit that we are starting to get packed to the gills with exciting young quality players. We need actual proven quality in Midfield, but adding Vieira + Pino to the group we already have is pretty mouth watering as a prospect for the future.

daron christie

We came short in making top 4 with only playing once a week how we going to challenge for anything playing 2x a week without depth..

The scared of having depth in the squad because a player might have to be upset and really challenge for his position for me is really really really feminine

Chicago_Gunner

I know that people love whinging about "The Project" on here, but even they would have to admit that we are starting to get packed to the gills with exciting young quality players. We need actual proven quality in Midfield, but adding Vieira + Pino to the group we already have is pretty mouth watering as a prospect for the future.
1659980687869.jpeg

ragnarock

Imagine this is to put pressure on Pepe to leave as well. Seems like him and Nelson are happy to sit on the bench.

Sitting on the bench doesn’t frighten players at Arsenal like it used to.
I remember a song from the olden days going;

“If you don’t you’ll be stuck in the bench,
listening to Frimpong chat about Dench.”

Makes you think..

Nunowoolmez

Established Member
Definately.

Our MF has been neglected for so long tho. Not going for Bruno G was a major mistake.

Sometimes I don't understand our managements decisions.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom