• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yeremy Pino

Which winger would you prefer?

• Total voters

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
Wouldn't want him here as a winger but I reckon he'd make a brilliant full back down the line.
Why out of interest. Never seen him before but just from YouTube he looks like a cross between Raphinha & Hazard - hard working, surprisingly good defensively, good shot on him and pretty technical / strong at dribbling and 1v1.

His stats look a bit Meh, but reading elsewhere that he's excellent with the ball at his feet, just maybe needs to get involved in play more. Very young though so that's pretty normal and likely to improve.

ChefMan21

Look, if we get one of a striker or central midfielder then I'm for it, but if he's the last hurrah before the window closes, wtf are we doing? To be clear it's not a 'do not buy' if we don't get a striker or central midfielder - absolutely we should buy if the talent is there - but I'd really question what the club is doing if they are prioritising wingers over the other two positions.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
Why out of interest. Never seen him before but just from YouTube he looks like a cross between Raphinha & Hazard - hard working, surprisingly good defensively, good shot on him and pretty technical / strong at dribbling and 1v1.

His stats look a bit Meh, but reading elsewhere that he's excellent with the ball at his feet, just maybe needs to get involved in play more. Very young though so that's pretty normal and likely to improve.
Because he plays with a maturity that belies his youth, he's very switched on defensively and a lot more tactically astute than any other player in his age class. To be clear he could also develop into a great winger but so far he's lacking that extra bit you want in a top forward, good dribbler but not a great one, makes too many wrong decisions in the final third so far etc

Either way he's a serious talent, just not sure if I'd want him for our wing position especially when Saka seems to have RW on lock - although I thought the same when we kept being linked to Raphinha

Bloodbather

Established Member

Because he plays with a maturity that belies his youth, he's very switched on defensively and a lot more tactically astute than any other player in his age class. To be clear he could also develop into a great winger but so far he's lacking that extra bit you want in a top forward, good dribbler but not a great one, makes too many wrong decisions in the final third so far etc

Either way he's a serious talent, just not sure if I'd want him for our wing position especially when Saka seems to have RW on lock - although I thought the same when we kept being linked to Raphinha
You want two dependable players in each of your attacking positions, though, in order to have a good rotation. City have Haaland, Álvarez, Mahrez, Foden, Grealish and talented youngsters like Palmer, Delap and Kayky. Liverpool have Nuñez, Firmino, Salah, Carvalho, Díaz and Jota. We currently have Jesus, Nketiah, Saka, Pépé, Martinelli and Smith Rowe. With Pépé not being favored, you want to bring in another RW that can be reliable.

jones

Captain Serious
Trusted ⭐
You want two dependable players in each of your attacking positions, though, in order to have a good rotation. City have Haaland, Álvarez, Mahrez, Foden, Grealish and talented youngsters like Palmer, Delap and Kayky. Liverpool have Nuñez, Firmino, Salah, Carvalho, Díaz and Jota. We currently have Jesus, Nketiah, Saka, Pépé, Martinelli and Smith Rowe. With Pépé not being favored, you want to bring in another RW that can be reliable.
If you count Foden as a forward you'll probably have to count Vieira as one too, not sure I see him in midfield unless it's in front of Xhaka and Partey in which case he'll be at #10 basically.

I don't think we'll find any player as talented as Pepe on the market and Arteta's failure to even try to work something out with him is a major reason why we're not in the CL. But even if you did want to get another solution look at the age profile with Liverpool's forwards - Firmino at 31 rides the bench, Carvalho a cheap 19 yo will probably get garbage minutes too.

If we're bringing in another winger I can't see us getting another youngster, more likely Marquinhos will fill in at some point and either way it's not the biggest worry we have.

D

Deleted member 102404

If you count Foden as a forward you'll probably have to count Vieira as one too, not sure I see him in midfield unless it's in front of Xhaka and Partey in which case he'll be at #10 basically.

I don't think we'll find any player as talented as Pepe on the market and Arteta's failure to even try to work something out with him is a major reason why we're not in the CL. But even if you did want to get another solution look at the age profile with Liverpool's forwards - Firmino at 31 rides the bench, Carvalho a cheap 19 yo will probably get garbage minutes too.

If we're bringing in another winger I can't see us getting another youngster, more likely Marquinhos will fill in at some point and either way it's not the biggest worry we have.
If we can’t find a player as talented as Pepe we may as well give up.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Bit harsh saying Vieira was a massive mistake when he's not yet played a minute for us. Personally I'm super excited about him.
I'm not questioning his ability, but I do wonder where would we play him without major injuries

Top Bottom