• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Yeremy Pino

Which winger would you prefer?

• Total voters

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

There’s definitely room in the squad for an experienced player in their late twenties. Tbh I’d go as far as saying it’s needed.

Haven’t quite got my tin foil hat on just yet but windows like this make you wonder just how much they want to compete.
Our big money signings so far have been Jesus (25), Vieira (22) and Zinchenko (25) with Tielemans (25) on the possibly likely list. 3 of them turn 26 this season. Whilst not late 20s its not far off and a step toward balancing the age profile of the squad.

Itll be interesting to see who actually comes in before the window closes.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

You’re a joke

Come On Smile GIF by The Boys

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
People acting like Pino is some sort of ***, ****ing hell.
10 G/A in 21 starts in the league last season and he is Spanish International as well.

He's one of the hottest things Spain at the moment. We ain't talking about a Nelson here.
10 goal contributions in 1600 minutes is pretty respectable for a 19 yr old agreed, although it's worth mentioning that three of those came in a hatrick against Espanol. So he only actually managed 3 goals across the other 30 league games he played.

But I'm not knocking him really, looks to be that Saka-esque balanced winger who can defend as well as attack - also managed 3 goals in 4 friendly and international games this year already so clearly a talent.

Still seems like a big punt at around £40m when we have other areas of need but hopefully the Club's done it's homework if we go for him.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

One bottled a move to a proper big club and preferred to play tic tac toe in France the other believed himself and moved to one of the biggest clubs in the world. Give me Zaha every day of the week twice on Sundays :lol:

🤣🤣🤣

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Senior is usually associated with being able to deliver right now.

Young players that can deliver right now aren’t coming to Arsenal so we settle for older ones. I’d rather sign Mbappe but I’ll settle for Zaha.
But they are at Arsenal already and they are carrying the team:
Martinelli, Saka, Saliba, Ødegaard, Ramsdale, Gabriel... It's the core, and players who are "experienced/senior" have been the core of everything that was wrong with this club.

Now, if the club could get some of the true experienced quality like Lewandowski, it wouldn't hurt one bit, but we are both realistic dudes knowing that would never happen and we settle for guys like Mari, Cedric, and Willian instead.

I do get your point, but it's not gonna happen at Arsenal and we should stay away from it, which I think both Edu and Arteta have realized after making several blunders already

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
There’s definitely room in the squad for an experienced player in their late twenties. Tbh I’d go as far as saying it’s needed.

Haven’t quite got my tin foil hat on just yet but windows like this make you wonder just how much they want to compete.
Agreed, hence why I could see us going for Sane instead. Although, Arteta at his earliest days at Arsenal used Nelson as a wide winger on the right, and then signed Willian in the next summer window. Clear to me that Arteta wants that right-footed right winger who has a good cross on them. Pino suits that profile.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Age doesn’t really matter, quality does. However, age matters when it comes to selling players. Much easier to sell a Pino if he flops than a Zaha. Anyways I’m certain we’re not looking at Zaha. Good player but he’s better on the suit or a CF.

What happened to Douglas Costa? The one that used to play for Bayern and Juve. I feel he’s the kind of winger we should be looking at. He can’t score for sh#t but he can twist up most fullbacks on a good day.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Age doesn’t really matter, quality does. However, age matters when it comes to selling players. Much easier to sell a Pino if he flops than a Zaha. Anyways I’m certain we’re not looking at Zaha. Good player but he’s better on the suit or a CF.

What happened to Douglas Costa? The one that used to play for Bayern and Juve. I feel he’s the kind of winger we should be looking at. He can’t score for sh#t but he can twist up most fullbacks on a good day.
Douglas Costa plays for Los Angeles, is soon 32, and has had horrible career trajectory in recent years. Would be like buying Willian, but much worse idea.

Can't see Zaha flopping, but if we buy a top striker next summer, then Jesus can play also on the wing. Which means that Zaha would not get as much game-time, would be like 31 with big wages, and without that game-time his value would drop. That wouldn't be so with Pino even if he plays less.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

One bottled a move to a proper big club and preferred to play tic tac toe in France the other believed himself and moved to one of the biggest clubs in the world. Give me Zaha every day of the week twice on Sundays :lol:
Mbappe is a season away from being able to break numerous all-time records for PSG. He’s also trying to be the guy that carries them to the first CL rather than joining a team who does it for fun without him. People look down on that in sports, look how KD got mocked for joining the warriors even though he was the best player on the team.

Very harsh to call it a bottle job when Mbappe would arguably be the best player at Real if he went there. Don’t think he’s ducking a challenge at all.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s not a bottle job when you’re getting much more wages at PSG than Real.

Also, you can say it’s a gutsy move, he’s staying at home to succeed in Paris, if he wins something major he’ll be going into French football folklore.

D

Deleted member 102404

Hearing Reiss Nelson is out long term… may accelerate a signing.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
It’s not a bottle job when you’re getting much more wages at PSG than Real.

Also, you can say it’s a gutsy move, he’s staying at home to succeed in Paris, if he wins something major he’ll be going into French football folklore.
Meh, hed be second choice at Madrid until Benzema ages out and he knows it. Benzema is going to leave a massive shadow and there isnt a team at Madrid to support him right now if he wants to be successful.

Hes probably planning to to go to Madrid in a couple of years when there is more than just an aging Modric and Benzema keeping things going. He can join as THE superstar with a midfield behind him who can get hm the ball where he needs it.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member

Yeah its probably an age + wages thing otherwise Zaha would be the no brainer... although hes been the no brainer for 3 seasons now.

TinFish

Agree but this player in the middle should be an experienced CM if possible. Would be perfect. No idea who though if it ain’t tubbymans

Top Bottom